The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Quote Originally Posted by Sail Away View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. From my hazey memory I think it was this case and it was because this person now has a record and this sentance came with 5 years probation - thus can be monitored and thrown back in jail if he violates it. Does that sound right?
    YA. It was lighter than the max because that way they could sort of always kind of keep tabs. Or at least keep tabs for a while and if he had gotten the max, despite how it seemed he would have gotten off lighter because once he did his time he was done instead of being watched.
    Check out my Equine Genetics Blog! Updated April 25th with Splashed White!!!
    http://equinegenetics.blogspot.com/

CatLover97 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    I just want to cry my eyes out

So Horrid - Who raised these evil men
    Who raised them? Well I can tell you Kenneth Peterson was raised by Pastor (yes I said Pastor) Brian Gigee of New Life Lutheran Church in Pearland. Be sure to congratulate Mr. Gigee on a fine job of raising Kenneth. [edit]

The stories from Kenneth's former friends growing up confirm what everyone knew, that he would eventually kill AND get caught.

I am so sorry to the lady that lost the horse. I wish these crimes could be punishable the same as crimes against humans.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Jul. 12, 2008 at 05:10 PM. Reason: accusations

Default uh guys

Quote Originally Posted by moonriverfarm View Post
    really - WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE????????????????????????
    We have a lot of future Ted Bundys on our hands if the legal system doesn't step up to the plate in cases of animal cruelty.
    I just want to take some big backwoods bubbas and some baseball bats and head west. Oh and one of the bubbas is a flaming homosexual and....needy.
    the legal system sucks, too few prosecutors care about anything more than getting drunk and getting laid. some don't read their files or interview witnesses and some are actually afraid to go to trial, I saw one guy who was assigned to a court/judge, not a floater, cry when a judge was forcing him to try a case. he pled out his murders to probation and blamed it on the judge and police. horror stories.
    some prosecutors however worked like hell for their victims and witnesses and cops.
    but which one will this horse victim get????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    the legal system sucks, too few prosecutors care about anything more than getting drunk and getting laid.
    I've met the prosecutor on this case and also talked to him on the phone, and he really seems to be a good guy. He's very concerned with animals and also volunteers at the local shelter.

However, prosecutors still have to work within the actual law. And the law still doesn't take cruelty to animals or abuse of animals very seriously. That has to change.
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Quote Originally Posted by CatLover97 View Post
    Who raised them? Well I can tell you Kenneth Peterson was raised by Pastor (yes I said Pastor) Brian Gigee of New Life Lutheran Church in Pearland. Be sure to congratulate Mr. Gigee on a fine job of raising Kenneth. [edit]

The stories from Kenneth's former friends growing up confirm what everyone knew, that he would eventually kill AND get caught.

I am so sorry to the lady that lost the horse. I wish these crimes could be punishable the same as crimes against humans.
    I blame KP's parents! Walter's mother tried to attack me in court! What, who will they kill next? Walter stated in court he was making & selling rocks to make weapons for income? Still waiting for my pay off!!! Quit my job in April, become very ill! May go back to work soon? Just started riding my 2year old, now well enough to ride a few hours a day! Good to be back in the saddle! May write a book?

Please. Not here.
    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.