The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I don't even ride dressage...I have never even heard of this Nick fellow...but somehow I get sucked into reading these trainwrecks and enjoy them as though I was right in the dressage world!

Carry on...I am pouring another glass of wine...
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

7 members found this post helpful.

I have thoroughly enjoyed all the threads on NP and am left wondering... why not have the COTH forums investigate/vet all congressional and presidential candidates? At least we would have transparency.

26 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddfox View Post
    And this nugget from the fish thread:

16. What were the qualifications for this job?
    Well, you need to get to Grand Prix. Some trainers start teaching at lower levels. I dont get this. They are very good for basics, but thats it. To me a lower level rider teaching is like a fouth grader teaching a second or third grader. You need to be an expert first, you need to get to the level. At Grand Prix, there really isnt much you havent seen, so you can deal with things better. Someone at a lower level might get stumped, and therefore cant move forward.

Oops... When did he get to Grand Prix again?? Oh wait... He didnt.
    It's interesting, he actually avoided answering the question entirely by expressing his vague opinion. It's rambling enough to confuse other readers (himself, too, I bet) and reminds me of one of my favorite lines (from memory, hope this fits):

Mr. Peronace, what you've just said is one the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were even CLOSE to *anything* that could be considered a rational thought.

Everyone on this thread is now *dumber* for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    "I was walking through the woods, thinking about Christ. If He was a carpenter, I wondered what He charged for bookshelves."

7 members found this post helpful.

It's probably safe to assume that everyone has plenty of information to go on re: this individual's training qualifications, etc. by this point, so we're going to close this thread as well.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

5 members found this post helpful.