The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LarkspurCO View Post
    Wait a minute -- this is not my birthday!
    Happy surprise!birthday
    Proud Member Of The Lady Mafia

2 members found this post helpful.

wow i just watched the video of him performing "passage" ...I am just..soo..so...CONFUSED.

Quote Originally Posted by HorsefaceDee View Post
    wow i just watched the video of him performing "passage" ...I am just..soo..so...CONFUSED.
    Please refer to post #13 in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

Where did you find it. I thought it was gone.

1 members found this post helpful.

8 members found this post helpful.

Impressive!!! ???????

I finally understand why everyone was making humping jokes. I didn't get to see it first time around.

6 members found this post helpful.

I don't know if everyone read the thread on the other board. If that's really his daughter, I actually feel bad. What a horrible position for her to be in. I don't feel any sympathy for him at all. He's ridiculous and misrepresented himself - and I think this thread has done the horseworld a service. Still, the broader impact is sad.

7 members found this post helpful.

I might feel bad for his daughter if she didn't use foul language.

Granted I need my mouth washed with soap very often, lord knows all those military men I've dated have not done wonders for my vocabulary. But when presenting a case in witch you want people to leave your family alone it does nothing for your credit when every other word is a cuss word...

I don't think the apple falls far from the tree.

Welcome to our nightmare...

No, I actually joined up over here because of the FiSH thread (hi, yes, I'm a FiSHie) because I just couldn't stop watching your trainwreck... and then it migrated to FiSH and got all Technicolor Nuclear Waste Explosion Trainwreck.

So- hi, and thanks for outing this guy! I'm actually in KY, so there's a chance that at some point he could have shown up here and I would have been bored and/or stupid enough to audit one of his clinics.

6 members found this post helpful.

yeah it is legit at DAD....but why would they allow it? I am curious what the rules ect are for donating an award there.

I guess he had the cash... and why would think think to CHECK to see if the claims about the horse's performance were true. Who in their right mind would like about such a thing. So he said he wanted to donate $XXX in honor of Chevy and they said ok and bought the trophy. I think that's pretty normal. Who'd think they have to FACT CHECK an "in memorium" award?!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernYankee View Post
    I might feel bad for his daughter if she didn't use foul language.

Granted I need my mouth washed with soap very often, lord knows all those military men I've dated have not done wonders for my vocabulary. But when presenting a case in witch you want people to leave your family alone it does nothing for your credit when every other word is a cuss word...

I don't think the apple falls far from the tree.
    V fair point, but keep in mind she's from Philly - so this really isn't even considered bad language. . I am also from Philly and honestly didn't notice the language

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I guess he had the cash... and why would think think to CHECK to see if the claims about the horse's performance were true. Who in their right mind would like about such a thing. So he said he wanted to donate $XXX in honor of Chevy and they said ok and bought the trophy. I think that's pretty normal. Who'd think they have to FACT CHECK an "in memorium" award?!
    I don't agree with this. At some local show in the Midwest, maybe but not DAD. The way the award was written up, it says the horse had show success and frankly implies @ DAD just by nature of the award.

I do think the management there has some responsibility to validate - even if only to tailor the award description.

If the write up didn't include "shown" in the language, I would completely support the spirit of the award regardless of who gave it.
    Last edited by fatorangehorse; Jan. 13, 2014 at 05:26 PM. Reason: pigeon grammar :-)

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    If you are short of time skip to page 13
    Oh thank you for this.

What a delightful young lady.

Quote Originally Posted by fatorangehorse View Post
    I don't agree with this. At some local show in the Midwest, maybe but not DAD. The way the award was written up, it says the horse had show success and frankly implies @ DAD just by nature of the award.

I do think the management there has some responsibility to validate - even if only to tailor the award description.

If the write up didn't include "shown" in the language, I would completely support the spirit of the award regardless of who gave it.
    I'm not suggesting they shouldn't have... I'm just speculating about what happened. He probably didn't have to submit the blurb for what the award was for until the prize list was going out-- and at that point I'm not sure anyone was combing through the fine print and checking it against show records. The award was for "top non-warmblood" or whatever. But what it was in honor of, and the writeup of that horse- I am sure they deferred to the donor on that. And didn't think to check whether the description was true. Maybe they should have. They probably will now! But I can see how this slipped in!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Not sure DAD existed when he had that horse since he was like 17 or whatever it was. On the plus side, now we know where baby footballs come from. (Monkey/football reference?

8 members found this post helpful.

I did not need to know that he rode that poor appy bareback.
    Since this trainer keeps reappearing, can we ask the mods to make it a sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Not sure DAD existed when he had that horse since he was like 17 or whatever it was. On the plus side, now we know where baby footballs come from. (Monkey/football reference?
    I remember DAD from the 70's
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Oh c'mon!!! I was actually going to get some work done tonight and y'all had to come up with yet another Maestro trainwreck??

It truly is the gift that keeps on giving....

7 members found this post helpful.

I don't believe that is his daughter. Based on pictures in his personal Facebook page, his kids are very small.