The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WEF Prize List Is Up

The 2014 prize list is online:

http://www.bluetoad.com/publication/?i=188126

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Oh thank goodness!
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

For the love of all things equine, could the wealthiest horse show circuit in the country not invest in a working, modern, up-to-date web site?

It's not just the prize list, they don't (didn't?) even have the weeks & dates posted for WEF. The calendar went through ESP Holiday circuits and then.just.stopped. I finally went to USEF and pulled the dates from there.

Another gem - well, up until this very moment when I tried again -anytime I pulled Winter Equestrian Festival up through google the first link directed me to a broken coldfusion page... (seriously, coldfusion? what year is this?)

It baffles me that our country's most prominent international horse show has such a poor online presence, and it shows just how far behind the times this industry tends live.
    ExchangeHunterJumper.com
    Now promoting sale horses from North Carolina to the Netherlands. Follow us on Facebook.

5 members found this post helpful.

The link in the first post takes me to a site with the full prize list, including dates, specs, officials, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    The link in the first post takes me to a site with the full prize list, including dates, specs, officials, etc.
    That's not really a web site... it's an independent app that converts files intended for printing into a web viewable format.

In this instance the print-intended document is 256(!) pages long and requires page-by-page flipping to get to the information you need (or a magnifying glass to use the thumbnail view. On iPhone that's not even an option; start at page one and pray Week 5s class schedule isn't posted on page 232.)

This is their web site (beware the damn insta-playing video with conveniently hidden mute & pause buttons), which states that the prize list (ie, the link in post 1) for the show that starts in a little over 3 weeks was posted yesterday. And their calendar still does not show any events beyond the ESP Holiday series.

The entire web site is a disastrous mishmash of out-dated technology and nearly impossible to gleam information from. (apologies, I've been building our winter circuit promotions this month, and, having been all over that web site trying to find info, have found nothing but frustration.)
    ExchangeHunterJumper.com
    Now promoting sale horses from North Carolina to the Netherlands. Follow us on Facebook.

2 members found this post helpful.

I concur with dags, their web presence and overall customer service has left me wanting significantly in what is intended to be my first foray into WEF showing. I hope the show itself is run better than the office seems to be.

When they originally posted the schedules (which they later took down, then put back up, then took down, then put back up), the links were broken. I tried calling them and telling them that the they weren't posted to the right folder in the domain but it fell on deaf ears and the lady kept saying "oh but I can see them." Yes, that is because you have them locally. When I asked that they be emailed to me, I got a rude and haughty response (and no email).

I'm no rich player, and I know that, but I do have flights to book and a pretty pony who wants to show!

WEF is impossible to navigate so in my over scheduled life it is as if it doesn't exist. I can figure out who is doing what on other circuits in a few clicks, but not Wellington.