The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default TV Commercials You Love to Hate

Or love to mute/turn off whenever they come on.

Besides the obvious, annoying ones "Ask your doctor if [this drug] will work for you" -- the ones where the person is singing and dancing while butterflies flutter around and a narrator lists all the nauseating side effects the drug can cause ("I feel great now I'm taking this drug!")

Two in particular have me "confused" these days --

Fruits are supposed to be so good for us ... but they eat away tooth enamel, and that's bad, so continue eating fruit and use our [probably very expensive] toothpaste to protect your enamel.

Are we still supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day, whether we feel thirsty or not? If so, we are going to feel "frequent urges" to "find a bathroom." So are we then supposed to ask our doctor if one of the overactive bladder drugs is right for us?

Drink enough liquids, drink our coffee, drink our fruit juice, drink milk, drink our sodas/energy drinks, etc., ... but worry about them either eating away our tooth enamel or giving us frequent urges to pee.

I would watch nothing but PBS to avoid such commercials, but my local PBS station has taken to broadcasting football games on weekend nights, for some reason, and those are worse than commercials!
    RoanPonyMare

1 members found this post helpful.

I hate the ATT commercials with the guy in the suit and the kids. Idk why but it's so profoundly annoying.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

8 members found this post helpful.

I watch Project Runway and they only run like 3 commercials and they just repeat them. The Yoplait "I wanna meet the cow that made this" commercial has me borderline homicidal. They show it, I dunno, at least 6 times per hour long episode.
    Last edited by vxf111; Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:52 AM.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

2 members found this post helpful.

The commercial that has always... ALWAYS gotten under my SKIN is the Charmin bears. I f*cking HATE those damn bears. The dad and son sh*t and can't wipe their @sses and the mom bear has to DO IT FOR THEM. Or they waste TP like they have an IQ of 5. Hell, just use what you need. It's not so complicated. Just wipe your @ss without being reminded. Jesus Christ. Dad bear.... get your sh*t together-- you're an ADULT. God. God I HATE THOSE BEARS.
    ~Veronica

30 members found this post helpful.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

The stupid Chevy commercial where the guy has a beef herd and a down fence and a lost calf, that is like 20 miles away and ends up being a Holstein. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

9 members found this post helpful.

Maybe the the Snuggle bear can take out the Charmin bear family by blowing up in their vicinity as his dryer sheets have to be flamible. That would take out two very problematic spokes bears.

I despise the Snuggle bear.

7 members found this post helpful.

Oh yeah, I hate Snuggle bear too. Why is that creep in my hamper smelling my panties and rubbing his face on my sheets? Gross.
    ~Veronica

15 members found this post helpful.

ROFL those charmin bears are starting to creep me out.

The Cealis (I think) commercial where the cowboy is driving home, pulling a trailer, and comes to a mud puddle. He unloads the horses, have them pull his rig across the puddle, loads the horses and drives home. STUPID!
    It's only when a mosquito lands on your privates that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence. fb meme.

6 members found this post helpful.

Now I like that one.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    The commercial that has always... ALWAYS gotten under my SKIN is the Charmin bears. I f*cking HATE those damn bears. The dad and son sh*t and can't wipe their @sses and the mom bear has to DO IT FOR THEM. Or they waste TP like they have an IQ of 5. Hell, just use what you need. It's not so complicated. Just wipe your @ss without being reminded. Jesus Christ. Dad bear.... get your sh*t together-- you're an ADULT. God. God I HATE THOSE BEARS.
    I miss Mr. Whipple.

3 members found this post helpful.

The HoverRound commercial I see every day during the Price is Right. Forrest Whitaker lookalike sitting in his HoverRound singing:

"HoverRound takes me where I want to go/Where will it send me?" next shot is two idiots hovering near the edge of the fricking Grand Canyon. I can easily visualize a malfunction and the HoverRound taking him right.over.the.edge. I won't miss him.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfbayequine View Post
    Maybe the the Snuggle bear can take out the Charmin bear family by blowing up in their vicinity as his dryer sheets have to be flamible. That would take out two very problematic spokes bears.

I despise the Snuggle bear.
    Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Oh yeah, I hate Snuggle bear too. Why is that creep in my hamper smelling my panties and rubbing his face on my sheets? Gross.
    An old favorite Letterman Top 10 List, from November '88:

November 29, 1988

Top 10 Fears of Snuggles the Fabric Softener Bear

10. Might someday have to chew own leg off to escape from lint trap.
    9. Sleeping in laundry basket exposes him to attack by housecats.
    8. He may wind up in a washer with Al Sharpton's undershirts.
    7. People will find out about that mauled camper back in '78.
    6. Excess softener will leave him unable to perform as a male.
    5. First wife Joey Heatherton will write book claiming he beat her regularly.
    4. Winnie-the-Pooh will get drunk at family gathering and start loudly suggesting that he should be the fabric softener bear.
    3. Something might happen to George Bush.
    2. Company doctors will perform some kind of surgery to insure he remains "snuggly" forever.
    1. The Pillsbury Doughboy will ask him to poke lower.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    An old favorite Letterman Top 10 List, from November '88:

November 29, 1988

Top 10 Fears of Snuggles the Fabric Softener Bear

10. Might someday have to chew own leg off to escape from lint trap.
    9. Sleeping in laundry basket exposes him to attack by housecats.
    8. He may wind up in a washer with Al Sharpton's undershirts.
    7. People will find out about that mauled camper back in '78.
    6. Excess softener will leave him unable to perform as a male.
    5. First wife Joey Heatherton will write book claiming he beat her regularly.
    4. Winnie-the-Pooh will get drunk at family gathering and start loudly suggesting that he should be the fabric softener bear.
    3. Something might happen to George Bush.
    2. Company doctors will perform some kind of surgery to insure he remains "snuggly" forever.
    1. The Pillsbury Doughboy will ask him to poke lower.
    Thanks Mara! That was spectacular.

Oh yeah, I wanna meet the cow that made this. Wrong on so many levels. What is it with all the yogurt ads(activiaaaa).
    and Greek yogurt? Ugh, like eating cream cheese by the bucket full.
    ASPCA commercials, 'nuff said.
    Beneful dog food commercials.
    And what ever commercial about cat food, that says "you want your girls" to eat well. It's only women, and its only female cats and they are referred to as kids.
    I LOVE cats, but can't believe that ad made it past a focus group.

Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    The stupid Chevy commercial where the guy has a beef herd and a down fence and a lost calf, that is like 20 miles away and ends up being a Holstein. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
    hey, I think he got tired of looking and stole the calf

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    I hate the ATT commercials with the guy in the suit and the kids. Idk why but it's so profoundly annoying.

I agree wholeheartedly. I mute it immediately. For sure I wouldn't consider using ATT even if they were the fastest cell phone or landline company.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

I bring this commercial up every time there is a thread like this, the Herbal Essence "orgasmic" freakin' commercial makes me gag over and over. Not only does the sounds of the gal moaning and groaning make me ill, but the fact that she does so while shampooing her hair is just so wrong, wrong, wrong!
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

5 members found this post helpful.

I really, really, really despise Flo from Progressive. The fact that she has infiltrated the radio with her daft singing makes me practically homicidal. And really, she wouldn't be so bad if her character wasn't written as acting like a total bimbo. Really.

5 members found this post helpful.

I don't mind Flo, at least she is not orgasmic in her claims.
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

2 members found this post helpful.