The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

AND! Let us not forget that 2 of the top 5 were pure TB, which seems to put to bed the notion that the TB cannot be competitive in 21st Century eventing.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    AND! Let us not forget that 2 of the top 5 were pure TB, which seems to put to bed the notion that the TB cannot be competitive in 21st Century eventing.
    Good point! Also Michael Jung's horse is 3/4 TB, and the part that isn't TB is strongly Trakeher influenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebug1 View Post
    We'd love a chance to be located in a climate that wasn't pissing with rain with massive national parks that we could do our conditioning in instead of riding on the roads day in, day out. Oh, and we'd love somewhere so darn cheap to keep horses compared to here. Just think how good the UK would be if we had some of those advantages.
    These things are true for me -- there are a lot of places in the SE like this, one of the many reasons I moved here. So there's no reason to get nasty simply because your locality doesn't match some generalized examples. It's not a contest to see whose location sucks the most!

There will always be crabby blamers who will find some imagined fault to harp on without end. But at the end of the day, there is great riding out there, great horses in many countries, including our own - and both horse and rider will have fantastic days and "derp" days. I'd rather focus on my own riding and training and enjoy a good course when I see one; I don't care what flag is on the saddlepad. I think of the global horse community as a sort of "country" of its own - I wish more members of it did.

1 members found this post helpful.