and I don't know if I've done the right thing. Lovely, lovely rider fell in love with him, tried him in torrential rain, including jumping and loved him. He went beautifully for her.
Oh, I have others coming on - his younger sister for a start, a large pony I have just started under saddle and I have a new horse arriving in two weeks time - all expenses paid to do whatever I want with, but I'm still not sure if I should have sold him. He has been very slow to mature and I think at 8 he is only now coming into his own.
Okay, a few moments of seller's remorse is okay, but it is time to move on. It takes effort to sell a horse, so unless the buyer magically appeared out of the blue with cash and a trailer, you made a decision to sell a horse. And it sounds like you sold him to a great situation. Since it sounds like you could have kept him if you had wanted to, then why didn't you? As a breeder, I would love to keep every horse I bred, but I would be like the Ponderosa by now. I don't "need" to support 40 horses! If this were my sale, I would be happy as can be that I found a great fit for a horse I had brought along. I have several horses the market right now and would love to do that happy dance when I find a good fit for them in a prospective buyer.