The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MillysGirl View Post
    Ugh, Canada Post is bad for this, too. Apparently things get scanned randomly or not at all. I once went to the post office to ask about a package that I had not received, the tracking info said it was still at the post office it was mailed from, that PO swore it had left...lady went looking in the back, found the parcel. Nobody had scanned it along its route as they are supposed to, and if I had not claimed it, they would have returned it to the sender...EVEN THOUGH NOONE TOLD ME IT HAD ARRIVED.

I hate shipping stuff. UPS/FedEx/Purolator are no better in my tiny town. We need teleportation, now.
    oh...I never have an issue with Canada Post..thankfully! I have an RR address though so I have to pick packages up at the Post Office.

I feel for you! That stinks. I never have anything mailed to my home. I have a business mail address at a UPS store. I have all packages mailed there and they email me when any package arrives. Worth the yearly fee to be sure someone gets the package. Do you have a business address you can use? When I worked for a company, they allowed me to ship things there as well.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Well, my update isn't a good one Mail carrier is back on duty today, and told the post office manager that he left it right at the front door. Not sure why the front door all a sudden after years of monthly deliveries to the side door, but the manager actually told me that if the carrier can answer right away where they left it, then they are to be believed. So it seems the package is just never going to show up. I'll have to see if VC insured it or can do anthing to make good on it, but I don't know what to expect from them since it was my first purchase and I don't think they're as big of an operation as Smartpak & Dover. Sorry for those who lost much bigger purchases, I know my $143 seems piddly, but if I had it to just drop I wouldn't have been searching around for sale prices on these things in the first place!

$143 is not piddly. You have every right to be mad. Sorry you are going through this!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

5 members found this post helpful.

I went nearly a year without my Chronicles being delivered..just one wek none and finally after 10 months I pushed it with Post Office because my Blood Horse Mid Atlantic and Thoroughbred Times had stopped as well...presto change-o...chronicles started appearing but I cancelled and never re-upped the other subscriptions..i just buy at Newstand what I want since my People Mag was coming late and well thumbed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by I'dRatherBRiding View Post
    Well, my update isn't a good one
    <snip>
    Sorry for those who lost much bigger purchases, I know my $143 seems piddly, but if I had it to just drop I wouldn't have been searching around for sale prices on these things in the first place!
    Sorry for the unhappy update
    & don't feel that your $143 is not deserving of consideration (hugs).

If you paid with credit (or even debit card) you may be able to compensation through your bank, maybe VC will offer you a gift certificate etc.

I shared my story as that was the bottom line - it was up to me to make the right choices about how to ship my package; I would never have done the shipping with UPS, if they had stated that they would subcontract more than once during the shipping process &, further, refuse to reveal who the subcontractors were (all tracking goes under their name & logo).

I did find my saddle but spent several hours on the phone arguing with UPS & then randomly calling every delivery company that listed a local office (many which were also subcontracted). I did file official complaints with everyone involved (after I'd ferreted out the names) - UPS Customer Service reps were for the most part, very nice, but not particularly helpful & no one was going to accept any responsibility.

I do not get how the delivery person answering quickly means it was delivered. That makes no sense. Geez.
    And really, he has always delivered to the side door so him blurting out 'front door' is more a confirmation that he is full of it.

A few years back, I had a package delivered, but somehow it was an empty box! At some point in transit, the box had been opened and the contents taken. Very bizarre. Anyway, I filed a claim with UPS, but ultimately (even though I feel UPS was at fault), Ann Taylor refunded my entire order.
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

If I may quote Seinfeld for a moment, "The United States Postal Service is the biggest scam out there, Jerry!"

This may be a dumb question - but have you actually physically gone TO the PO to make sure they aren't holding it there for you for some reason?
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

1 members found this post helpful.

In my area a mail carrier just got fired (yes fired, not arrested) for BURYING years worth of mail in his yard.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

This is way I always request packages to be shipped to me via UPS or FedEx.
    If the items were purchased with a credit card you are able to refute the charges.
    Also, all packages shipped via the US Postal service come with $100 in insurance.
    At the very least you should be able to recover $100.

I believe priority packages have insurance of up to $100.

I just got a package in the mail. A returned package. That I sent out THREE YEARS AGO. Somehow it got lost, never delivered, bounced around, and then discovered and sent back. Now I know why my friend never thanked me for the gift!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slewdledo View Post
    In my area a mail carrier just got fired (yes fired, not arrested) for BURYING years worth of mail in his yard.
    Holy crap! Please tell me there is a news article on this?
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Holy crap! Please tell me there is a news article on this?

I think there should be a news report on this one (below) too.
    It clearly shows how the postal service seems to think doing whatever they do, no matter what is AOK.

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    I just got a package in the mail. A returned package. That I sent out THREE YEARS AGO. Somehow it got lost, never delivered, bounced around, and then discovered and sent back. Now I know why my friend never thanked me for the gift!!

Ugh, I'm so sorry! Recently I had ordered a couple of times from Horseloverz BOGO sale, our Fed Ex guy had a family member sign on Tuesday, so Friday he didn't ask her to sign (she had been living with us.) Friday happened to be the day she FLIPPED OUT, stole my dog and said package and left town. Of course I didn't know the package was included in flip out, lodged a complaint and then when my FedEx guy explained it to me, I apologized to him and dropped it (not his fault!)

Now I get everything sent to my husbands office (hes shipping manager...haha!) and nothing has gone on since then.

Oh gosh, I feel for you OP.

A few years back I had ordered several things from Dover (saddle, bridle, winter blankets, halters, galloping boots, bell boots, wraps, etc) and the package never showed up. I called Dover and they said the package had been delivered and signed for, but that USPS said, rather conveniently, that they "Couldn't read the signature to let us know WHO signed for it". Luckily, Dover resent a new package and I had it a few days later.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

Quote Originally Posted by RacetrackReject View Post
    but that USPS said, rather conveniently, that they "Couldn't read the signature to let us know WHO signed for it".
    And whose fault is that? Oh wait, the postal service's fault. They should make sure the signature is readable before walking away.

Here is a link to the guy who buried the mail . He also burned stuff instead of delivering it http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/ar...kages-found-at

Quote Originally Posted by Couture TB View Post
    Here is a link to the guy who buried the mail . He also burned stuff instead of delivering it http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/ar...kages-found-at
    When we originally saw this story, and the part where he sat in a tavern rather than working, and took the mail home and burned it (this was before the burying), I just had to crack up. We joke about our carrier sitting in **** (tavern at the bottom of our hill) every time our mail delivery is super late or never makes it. Didn't help that our original carrier, the one I sort of jokingly wonder about wearing all my missing items, is part of the family that owned that tavern, and for which it is named.

Quote Originally Posted by Couture TB View Post
    I wonder what his reasoning is..such a strange thing?