The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SofiPony View Post
    If you must know, I am a teenager on Long Island, and my mother made the call.
    I spoke with her on the phone and have read many positive reviews. She seemed very pleasant - not the least bit shady! But then again, you never know...
    Parlez-vous inconsistency?

Point me to those awesome reviews please, I've asked several times!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

2 members found this post helpful.

A domain search indicates that horseycatherines.com was registered on 28-feb-13 under an anonymous service available through shopify.com.

Don't know how many reviews they could have since they've only been in business a month.

That Gregg James fellow was banned from here for sharing an IP address with the owner of justriding.com-- so weird that he is cheating on his roommate's business buying animo from other sellers!

Also, ere are at least 3 sites with the same look and feel all claiming to be the largest and/or exclusive animo dealer in the UK. So they're either all the same or somebody's lying.

1 members found this post helpful.

No WAY someone associated with THIS business is LYING. That's just... it strains belief that such an UPSTANDING business would do anything shady at all.
    ~Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by soloudinhere View Post

That Gregg James fellow was banned from here for sharing an IP address with the owner of justriding.com-- so weird that he is cheating on his roommate's business buying animo from other sellers!
    Disgruntled former houseguest
    ~Veronica

I have to say buying parlantis is going to be one of those life experiences that will probably come back to haunt me on this board for years to come...

4 members found this post helpful.

Seriously, I feel like this lady's craziness is starting to make PARLANTI look bad. Maybe someone should tell Parlanti that one of their dealers is BIGTIME CRAZYTOWN?
    ~Veronica

We can't provide any further insight into the site that the OP referenced here, but we can tell you that the original poster's IP address doesn't overlap with any of the JustRiding crew's and her email address does match up with that of a US teenager who has posted videos, etc. about her riding and horses online, just like she's mentioned.

So, based on past experience, the coincidences between these sellers may be a sign that they're related, or not, but there DOES NOT appear to be anything shady with the OP, or an overt connection to these people, so let's cut her some slack.

Thanks!
    Mod 1

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    No WAY someone associated with THIS business is LYING. That's just... it strains belief that such an UPSTANDING business would do anything shady at all.
    Veronica ... you've made my day! (Though I am sorry if Sofi is really just an innocent teen from Long Island)
    ~ In the chaos of the showing, remember riding should be fun for all, including our 4-legged kids.

Sofi, regardless-- if you're thinking about buying, please be forewarned that this website has a lot of similarities to one whose reps haven't behaved very well and it is a brand new site. Caveat Emptor, so to speak.

For the record, I DID get my boots, so they did deliver-- just didn't behave very well in the process.

I don't know if you're a lawyer in real life, but I suffered the (apparently) mistaken illusion that the American Justice system operated on the premise of innocent until proven guilty rather than the converse ...
    You come across as more than a little hostile and absolutely owe SofiPony a very generous apology.

I especially don't understand the level of your hostility as you've never even mentioned that you had any personal dealings with the apparently nefarious company

You spoke with her on the phone? You called the seller from the US to the UK? Where were these positive reviews?! She has all of 2 visible feedback ratings from eBay sales?!

Maybe this is just a WHOPPER of a coincidence, and I am sure SofiPony you'd have NO IDEA since you're clearly BRAND NEW to the formus. Like, brand spanking new as of the date of this thread (though somehow familiar with the lingo we use around here like "steal of a deal")...

<snip>

So, let's pretend just for kicks that you're not some random unaffiliated new person who stumbled on COTH, decided to start your experience here off by promoting a tack shop... are you...

-the owner of justriding.com
    -the military husband of a client
    -an employee of the company
    -a trainer "friend" of the owner with a facebook page pimping the company

OR JUST A REGULAR OLD HOUSEGUEST?!
    You know what else is the c-r-a-z-i-e-s-t coincidence? Like, "play the lottery" coincidence...

One of the "supporters" of Justriding.com was a guy named Gregory James who bought his wife a jumper from the owner of justriding. Post 22, post 58

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ght=justriding

What a LUCKY LADY SHE IS. Because I notice he ALSO bought his wife a jumper from the owner of horseycatherines.com!!! Just click on reviews on the side tab and you'll see he posted <<Thanks Again for my Jumper, My wife absolutely loved it. :-)>> as a review on horseycatherine.com

This is some kind of bizarre psychic coincidence and nothing more I am sure!
    You have NO RELATION to the person who posted the eBay ad and runs the website you linked? ORLY???

It's also really weird that in a prior post you use the term "thumps" which I have ONLY ever heard British people use... but you're in the US not the UK.

Do you often make cross-country calls when you're thinking about boots you ultimately don't order from sellers with awesome reviews only they're secret non public reviews and you stalk not only those seller's eBay listings but also their websites which are listed under totally different names. Your phone bill must be OUCH.
    Where are those loads of great reviews you saw?

In other news, and I am sure this will offend NO ONE since the OP is totally unbiased and unaffiliated... but Justriding/HorseyCatherines has to be the SHADIEST BUSINESS EVER. And gets the award for "Not even two brain cells to rub together" for coming on here, what 5, 6, 7 times to pimp their business. How many times can you get slapped and show your @ss before you learn a lesson?
    Also Sofi... you REALLY NEED TO PLAY THE LOTTERY. Here's another coincidence. YOU created your user name the SAME DAY the LAST Justriding.com thread got locked and that incarnation got banned...

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ght=justriding
    Parlez-vous inconsistency?

Point me to those awesome reviews please, I've asked several times!

8 members found this post helpful.

Hi! Sorry! I would close this thread, but I don't know how to! I found a good deal on parlantis on ebay for $485, but I have no relation at all whatsoever to the seller, or the other person that has been supposedly "pimping her business" here. I'm sorry if I may have angered anyone. I posted this before I knew anything about the other person selling parlanti miamis. I just thought it was a good deal, and nothing more. Sooo... you can completely disregard this thread. Thank you and sorry!

I'm sorry that you were the subject of such malevolence

I hope you'll stick around to meet the non-belligerent posters that also abound on this forum

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    I don't know if you're a lawyer in real life, but I suffered the (apparently) mistaken illusion that the American Justice system operated on the premise of innocent until proven guilty rather than the converse ...
    You come across as more than a little hostile and absolutely owe SofiPony a very generous apology.

I especially don't understand the level of your hostility as you've never even mentioned that you had any personal dealings with the apparently nefarious company
    Could not agree more...

3 members found this post helpful.

Didn't realize this was a judicial forum?! Or a criminal law case?!
    I am super super tired of the spam advertising all over the board and people who are something other than they say they are. It seems to be overruning the forums lately and I find it completely irritating. If Sofipony is indeed some neutral bystander I'd like her to post all those reviews she found about this site. I remain skeptical. But if she is who she says she is-- why should she care?!
    ~Veronica

I get hugely irritated when posters can't play by the rules. I sell on eBay and I'd love to pimp my auctions left right and center on the boards but that's prohibited so I don't. If I have to follow the rule everyone should have to. Justriding (in its various forms) has broken the rules time and time again. It's grating.
    ~Veronica

Where they've got all Hell for a basement

I have no dog in this fight, aside from having ordered something from JustRiding.com prior to the COTH debacle involving them (which has been a smooth process thus far...when/if I get my item remains to be seen). I also am not sure what seller the OP originally posted, but if it's the same seller that's listing these very cheap Parlantis on ebay:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SALE-Parlanti...ht_2020wt_1040

...then there is a lot of positive feedback for the person, which you can find here:

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...k&myworld=true

I don't mean to offend anyone, but just wanted to show that it is possible that the OP isn't in fact tied to JustRiding and may have just read these reviews. That's all.

PS - If that's not the same seller, disregard this post entirely.

2 members found this post helpful.

The OP deleted her link from the first post. That wasn't the seller she originally linked to. Though it may be yet another variation of justriding.
    ~Veronica

I get hugely irritated when posters can't play by the rules. I sell on eBay and I'd love to pimp my auctions left right and center on the boards but that's prohibited so I don't. If I have to follow the rule everyone should have to. Justriding (in its various forms) has broken the rules time and time again. It's grating.
    Your behavior was borderline bullying. You can always report a post/user to the mods. No need to verbally assault them.

12 members found this post helpful.

For what it's worth, I checked the feedback on the ebay parlantis-- and the only feedback as a seller was for an iphone. Now they have ebay feedback for a pair of animo breeches, but it's generally good practice not to buy from a retailer whose only feedback is as a buyer, especially of what looks like random items.

Where they've got all Hell for a basement

Quote Originally Posted by soloudinhere View Post
    For what it's worth, I checked the feedback on the ebay parlantis-- and the only feedback as a seller was for an iphone. Now they have ebay feedback for a pair of animo breeches, but it's generally good practice not to buy from a retailer whose only feedback is as a buyer, especially of what looks like random items.
    Do you have the username of the original eBay seller?

Quote Originally Posted by lrp1106 View Post
    Your behavior was borderline bullying. You can always report a post/user to the mods. No need to verbally assault them.
    Appreciate the feedback. You can too if you feel a post is out of line.
    ~Veronica