The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blonde or Brunette- Help me decide!

I have major issues with liking to change my hair ALL the time. Long to short, extensions, dark, light. I guess I get bored. I'm a blonde now, but I am starting to get the need to change. If I go back to another color it will be awhile before I can go to blonde again. It took us 6 months to get it to the blonde I like.

So, thoughts? Some people like the blonde, others hate it on me. I like it a lot. Like I said though, I like to change things up and I don't want to cut it again.

Here's a link. I think you do have to be logged into Facebook to see it. I'm not 100%. I hope everyone can see them. In there I have super dark, to blonde. (And I am even blonder now. An ashy blonde with almost platinum tiny highlights. So lots of dimension.)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3982593&type=3
    Hope Blooming- Life with Chronic Pancreatitis

My blog: Life with Pancreatitis

Oh, and there may be some on my photography site for those who can't see the FB ones. (There is a blonde on under my bio page.)

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

I like the color you have in pics 6 and 7 out of 11 in your profile pics. The color is very flattering to your skin tone.
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Thanks! I just added more too.

I like this one the most
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...photo.php&_rdr
    I think it looks great! Especially with the color of your shirt in that one, rich jewel tones, lovely!
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

2 members found this post helpful.

I like the lighter brownish color

Yep, the lighter brown.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Quote Originally Posted by bits619 View Post
    I like this one the most
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...photo.php&_rdr
    I think it looks great! Especially with the color of your shirt in that one, rich jewel tones, lovely!
    I agree! If you're getting it done at a salon, ask if they can dye your eyebrows too. When I went reddish brown the eyebrows made a BIG difference!
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

I agree with bits... the richer brown.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Fourteen Months Living and Working in Costa Rica

I've been dark dark black brunette and platinum blonde at different stages of my life. Streaked, frosted, etc. And at each time, I did it because of what I wanted to look like, not what someone else wanted me to look like.

Wear your hair the length and color that makes you feel best. What others think is not that important. Although you husband seems to have a good solution, but I'd not recommend it for you!

I like the lighter brown, but what's important is what you like. What color made you feel the best, and happiest?
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by tidy wabbit View Post
    I've been dark dark black brunette and platinum blonde at different stages of my life. Streaked, frosted, etc. And at each time, I did it because of what I wanted to look like, not what someone else wanted me to look like.

Wear your hair the length and color that makes you feel best. What others think is not that important. Although you husband seems to have a good solution, but I'd not recommend it for you!

I always change because I want to. Never because of someone else. I've had people tell me flat out they HATE my hair blonde. I just laugh and say "oh well, I LOVE it!" I just ask because I want a change, but I'm stuck as to what to do. I figured asking what people thought looked/liked best would help give me some direction.

I have to laugh looking at the pics. I've done some very drastic changes. I wish I could make them more often but my hair stylist would have a fit. I have had my hair break off before (not with my current person) and that is not something I'd want to repeat. I was convinced I was going to have an inch of hair left. It was awful. So, these days I have to try to be more patient and keep colors longer. Which stinks.

The one that everyone here seems to like best was an accident. I had gone really blonde, I hated it because they did not make it ashy but an ugly brassy color (no amount of toner fixed it). So they dyed it bright red then put the brown over it. What a day that was. As it faded it looked better, which is what is in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Canaqua View Post
    Me too!

1 members found this post helpful.

You look a lot like Zara Phillips (and I think she is beautiful)! I like both colors, maybe the blonde a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrost View Post
    I have major issues with liking to change my hair ALL the time. Long to short, extensions, dark, light. I guess I get bored. I'm a blonde now, but I am starting to get the need to change. If I go back to another color it will be awhile before I can go to blonde again. It took us 6 months to get it to the blonde I like.

So, thoughts? Some people like the blonde, others hate it on me. I like it a lot. Like I said though, I like to change things up and I don't want to cut it again.

Here's a link. I think you do have to be logged into Facebook to see it. I'm not 100%. I hope everyone can see them. In there I have super dark, to blonde. (And I am even blonder now. An ashy blonde with almost platinum tiny highlights. So lots of dimension.)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3982593&type=3
    The caramel color is very nice on you and makes your skin glow warm and healthy. I feel the light blonde really washes you out, so my vote is the caramel color.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

I love the colour in this one: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=506%2C550

I'd like to do that myself! I'm naturally blonde, currently red and short. I too get SO bored! I usually cut before I colour, myself.

I liked the warm brown on you. I would start with low lights all over so you can keep some light tones of the blonde in your hair but the low lights will help warm up your face!

I really like Pic 11 of your profile pics. You're lucky being able to be blonde or brunette, these days my hair colouring is to cover up the greys
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?