The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone feed Central Connecticut feeds?

I had never heard of these before, but a barn I was talking to feeds them.

Has anyone fed them before? Is the quality good? She feeds 14% Equinator Integrity, which to me looks a little low-fat but otherwise good?

I've always fed triple crown or pennfield, so I'm not familiar, but I'd like to know if I'd have to supplement or buy my own food because this stuff isn't good.

Thanks!

A BO I had wanted to start feeding from them, and I also was concerned about the low fat - I have a half TB with a more TB type of metabolism, and I didn't think the ingredients anything I couldn't get from TC, which I liked at the time and had a good fat %. The Bo's horses were all easy keepers. I can't remember but there was something else about delivery which wasn't working out, either, I forget what it was, had to drive some distance to pick it up or the deliver cost was prohibitive, I could be entirely wrong about that, so don't quote me. I think they also carried other brands than their own, which other boarders wanted, so the BO went back to her previous supplier. Something like that.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious Kate View Post
    A BO I had wanted to start feeding from them, and I also was concerned about the low fat - I have a half TB with a more TB type of metabolism, and I didn't think the ingredients anything I couldn't get from TC, which I liked at the time and had a good fat %. The Bo's horses were all easy keepers. I can't remember but there was something else about delivery which wasn't working out, either, I forget what it was, had to drive some distance to pick it up or the deliver cost was prohibitive, I could be entirely wrong about that, so don't quote me. I think they also carried other brands than their own, which other boarders wanted, so the BO went back to her previous supplier. Something like that.
    She is willing to supplement, and board is pretty inexpensive, so I am thinking that I will buy some TC Senior and have her feed him some of that in addition to make up the fat. It would only cost me maybe $40/mo extra to feed him 100lbs of TC senior on top of it to bring up the fat and still keep the NSC low.

http://www.cccfeeds.com/

Asides their own line of feed, they also carry Tizwiz and Tribute.
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck