The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Best Place to Advertise a Draft Cross For Sale?

I've tried "searching" CoTH with no luck even though I know there have been similar threads about what online sites get the most bang for your buck so any suggestions would be appreciated.

My 5'3"daughter has decided to "trade down" for a smaller horse and many of the Horse For Sale websites don't even have a Draft Cross category. I listed him on HorseClicks under Warmblood (the ad title has him as a Percheron/Arab) and I'm just waiting for the outraged Warmblood breeders to start sending me emails that my draft cross is NOT a WB.

He's also listed on DreamHorse (the only site that I, personally, have had any luck with in the past).

Thanks in advance!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

I've seen draft crosses on www.warmbloods-for-sale.com - they have a category for it. There are also lots of facebook groups for DraftX horses for sale.

Dreamhorse has the "secondary breed" option. Why not pick "grade" or "other" and explain his breeding in the notes on the other for-sale sites?

ETA: since Half-Arab is an actual breed, that should be an option on most sites as well.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

I found one of my draft crosses on Dreamhorse.com and the other on Horse.com

They were listed as American Warmbloods, I believe. I was looking specifically for a draft cross in both cases and still went to these sites first, if that helps at all....good luck!
    JB-Infinity Farm
    www.infinitehorses.com

It might be your price is to high for what his ad makes him sound like for his age. He is cute, but his ad didn't make me want more info, and that is from a person who is always searching for draft crosses. I see other draft crosses that are currently fox hunting and more finished for the same price or a little cheaper then what your guy is listed as. Look at other ads, compare them, and maybe tweak your wording.

I stumbled across him last night, then stumbled across this, lol. I am a draftx owner and always scan draft crosses for sale. He is a cute boy, but I agree, the ad did not really scream at me about what he is good at, especially for the price. I would also consider a good video.

You could try Equine.com.
    I think he's super cute, but might suggest removing the tight martingale for his pictures.

1 members found this post helpful.

warmbloods-for-sale and Craigslist (and ditto on the martingale or german reins). It would help if you had regular photos, not pics from a video are they are quite blurry.
    "When life gives you scurvy, make lemonade."

<>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Facebook is a great tool Post on your own page and -join all the local groups/organizations that allow advertising and start posting his sales info. Also, include any show photos, etc. and stories about him.
    Luistano Stallion standing for 2013: Wolverine UVF
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZPHDzgX3s