The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by GotMyPony View Post
    Guilherme - Just as an FYI for you or for anyone else who might be considering Tucker's endurance saddles... they're not built like the UP saddle shown in your link. Tucker's Endurance saddles have a regular tree, and have at least since I bought my first one in 2000.

The Trooper is the only Tucker saddle that has that suspended seat that "floats" above the rest of the saddle like the UP you showed. I understand the Trooper saddles are used more often by riders who follow Field Trialers (i.e., bird dog hunts); I've personally never run into one at an Endurance ride or CTR - not to say nobody uses one, but they're apparently not as common as the Endurance style, at least in the SE.
    Thank you.

I knew about the Trooper. Didn't know for sure about the others. Nice to know for the future.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

Comfy and well built saddle. Well worth the price.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

I've ridden in mine quite a bit and we did a 12 mile ride last weekend with quite a few decent changes in elevation. Usually after that long in the saddle I'm ready to be OUT of the saddle, but no such feeling this time. I didn't even think about it until I dismounted and hit the ground. Then I knew exactly how long I had been in the tack...
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.