The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default USEF Protest Against Mason Phelps

USEF Allows Mason Phelps, a USEF Board Member to Disseminate a Racially Slurred and Defamatory Video on his Facebook Page and does NOT take Substantial Action!

Their attorney's (who by the way I am sure is being paid for with USEF membership dues) response is laughable. Seems the general counsel and CEO have no accountability to anyone and are allowed to violate members rights to due process and feel the removal of the post by Phelps was sufficient. The USEF even went so far as to tie Phelps hands when he wanted to put forth and olive branch and apologize. And this was not the first Board member to accuse my family of being in the mafia. The Cincinnati Brothers of Italy have already been contacted and were horrified that a National Governing Body appointed as an Act of Congress would allow such discrimination.

Oh and Phelps first tried to hire William "Bill" Berman (NJ atty) who actually formed AHF LLC and did some work for AHF in the past and whose wife insured AHF animals at one point. Berman was hired by Phelps and actually took the case at first until I called FOUL. I believe Berman already had a previous bar complaint filed against him for "pillow talk" with his wife who is an equine insurance agent for Great American. Not sure what happened with the bar complaint but I believe the insurance complaint is still ongoing. Trying to find an equine attorney who has ethics is like finding a needle in a haystack.

http://amberhillponies.com/Amber_Hil...s_Protest.html
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    USEF Allows Mason Phelps, a USEF Board Member to Disseminate a Racially Slurred and Defamatory Video on his Facebook Page and does NOT take Substantial Action!

Their attorney's (who by the way I am sure is being paid for with USEF membership dues) response is laughable. Seems the general counsel and CEO have no accountability to anyone and are allowed to violate members rights to due process and feel the removal of the post by Phelps was sufficient. The USEF even went so far as to tie Phelps hands when he wanted to put forth and olive branch and apologize. And this was not the first Board member to accuse my family of being in the mafia. The Cincinnati Brothers of Italy have already been contacted and were horrified that a National Governing Body appointed as an Act of Congress would allow such discrimination.

Oh and Phelps first tried to hire William "Bill" Berman (NJ atty) who actually formed AHF LLC and did some work for AHF in the past and whose wife insured AHF animals at one point. Berman was hired by Phelps and actually took the case at first until I called FOUL. I believe Berman already had a previous bar complaint filed against him for "pillow talk" with his wife who is an equine insurance agent for Great American. Not sure what happened with the bar complaint but I believe the insurance complaint is still ongoing. Trying to find an equine attorney who has ethics is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Posting this on a public forum should make it even harder to find an equine attorney! I can't begin to understand why you do this over and over ...

27 members found this post helpful.

Just when I think that foot can't get shoved any farther down there, I get proven wrong.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

22 members found this post helpful.

Oh sweet crazy.
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

14 members found this post helpful.

Oh. My. God. Seriously???!!!!

5 members found this post helpful.

Well, I for one, know I was just thinking to myself, if there is one thing Mason Phelps is known for, it's apologizing. I'm sure he totally wanted to.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

7 members found this post helpful.

Take your pathetic rant somewhere else. I suspect that you have few supporters here. I personally find you , your choices and ethics disgusting.
    There is something i remember about those "living in glass houses" throwing stones.

21 members found this post helpful.

Are you sure you could recognize ethics if you saw them?

26 members found this post helpful.

I am shocked, shocked that the USEF refused to take strong action against someone so unethical. That terrible man should be forced to humble himself.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

46 members found this post helpful.

While I agree this is in very poor taste by Phelps and USEF, I can see right through you. If this was posted by anyone else, I'd discuss the issue further.

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post

You're a busy body who's obviously got nothing better to do than dig up dirt on others to try to cover yours. You are grasping at straws. I understand you must be bored since your daughter is embarrassed to show up to a horse show and your reputation has gone down the drain. I mean, you made it into The New York Times...way to go! Get your transparent/litigious/controversial tail out of here. The intent of your post is nothing more than another attempt to make the USEF look bad because you have a sour relationship. This is more transparent than Saran Wrap.

Snazzy taste in lawyers, btw.

15 members found this post helpful.

I sure hope if I ever reach this level of self destructiveness, someone will care enough to put a piece of duct tape over my mouth and take away my internet access.
    Last edited by Chezzie; Mar. 2, 2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: spelling

48 members found this post helpful.

This is a pretty bold statement considering the source.

Bristol Bay I just peed myself a little

9 members found this post helpful.

I can't wait for the movie!
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

6 members found this post helpful.

Do you want Mason to sleep with the fishes?!?

12 members found this post helpful.

I guess we all know what the next video will be about.

If Phelps and the USEF actually did wrong, why does it matter that Mandarino said so? Y'all need to take a breath.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

3 members found this post helpful.

As I was reading the original post I was like, "Gosh this person sounds crazy!" Then I saw who posted it...

19 members found this post helpful.

This woman was the sole reason I wanted to keep the red thumbs down button.

32 members found this post helpful.

POT MEET KETTLE.
    Erin and
    Instant Karma "Sunny", ShineDown "Liam"

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust the sails."

11 members found this post helpful.