The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Volant Half Chaps - What happened?

Hey guys -

Wondering why the original volant half chaps with the panels on the outside and red on the inside are being discontinued? I see they've been replaced with a "show chap" (whatever that means), and I'm still having trouble finding my size anywhere for the sale price that dover and smartpak had that I unfortunately missed out on.

Any ideas where I can find anyone who has the half chaps on sale and not their almost $200 price tag?

If the half chaps were as ugly as the tall boots then maybe they didn't sell well, thus were discontinued? I just looked on Dover and there was a pair of Volant half chaps for $59, I don't know if they are the ones you are looking for or not.

1 members found this post helpful.

Hrm, I was on their site last night and whenever I clicked on the picture of the boot it took me to the home page, which makes me believe they're sold out.

This is what I found, by going to Dover's home page and putting Ariat Volant half chap in the search box. They show some black leather ones for $59 but I don't know if they are the ones you are looking for.

http://equestrian.doversaddlery.com/...z0zcb0kfkvgw55

Ariat's site shows black/black Volant 1/2 chaps, the Volant show chap (different design), the Volant XT chap (another different design) and the new Volant Fusion (available this spring). No more black/red.
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    This is what I found, by going to Dover's home page and putting Ariat Volant half chap in the search box. They show some black leather ones for $59 but I don't know if they are the ones you are looking for.

http://equestrian.doversaddlery.com/...z0zcb0kfkvgw55

Yep, those are the ones, but when you click it doesn't take you to the product page. :P

Quote Originally Posted by horsegal301 View Post
    Yep, those are the ones, but when you click it doesn't take you to the product page. :P
    What if you call Dover and complain that their website isn't working properly? They should give you another pair for $59 since they are still advertising it.

2 members found this post helpful.

I talked with Dover and they are being discontinued. When I talked to them they only had 7 of the medium half chaps left and no other sizes were left at all. The dover lady said that they fit super strange (huge in the ankle, and they really only worked with the volant paddock boots) and that a lot of people did not like how they fit/looked.

Quote Originally Posted by ElisLove View Post
    I talked with Dover and they are being discontinued. When I talked to them they only had 7 of the medium half chaps left and no other sizes were left at all. The dover lady said that they fit super strange (huge in the ankle, and they really only worked with the volant paddock boots) and that a lot of people did not like how they fit/looked.
    When did you speak with them when they had som
    e left? Recently? Their online people kept telling me they were all gone. Did you call the 800 number or one of their stores?

I did the 'they call you' thing online. This was a week and a half to two weeks ago