The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Qredit and Quarterhall

I adore Quaterback but his frozen is difficult to get in nz, and the stuff that did get into the country produced very few pregnancies.

So I was wondering about his stallion sons, particularly Qredit and Quaterhall.

Does anyone have more info on these two? Perhaps some inside information?

TIA

Well, I bred a mare to Qredit and just sold her in foal. The buyer loved her pedigree and the stallion she was bred to, so I am thinking his foals are popular The mare is a purebred Arabian by Ohadi Ben Rabba.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audey and Qredit lo res.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	37689  
    The Inverted Y
    Anglo Arabian Sporthorses
    2005 and 2007 USEF Breeder of the Year.
    www.allanglos.net

Hundreds of half priced champion stallions
    www.SHNpayback.org

I am a newly converted fan of Quarterback after seeing so many of his mares last summer! Shame you don't have good frozen of his b/c here in the US his frozen has been quite successful.

I don't know much about Qredit but did see Quaterhall and a few of his offspring last summer. Very nice stallion, substantial in size, good temperament in hand. The mares of his that I saw were also quite substantial in size (not sure about their dams) and had three nice gaits in hand. Obviously nothing of theirs under saddle yet so that is a question. However, all the Quaterback mares I saw that had completed their MPT already had very good rideability scores.
    Read about my time at the Hannoveraner Verband Breeders Courses:
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2011.html
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2012.html

Allanglos - Jeepers that should be a very showy foal, no wonder the mare sold in foal!

BF - So you've actually seen Quaterhall? Cool! The current photo of him shows a lovely horse, with a short back, long neck, cute pony face. His limbs look ok, but I would rather he had a much longer length of hip. Actually a bigger backside altogether. Is it just the photo or did you notice his butt didn't match his front?

The Hanoverian mare I have in mind is not great in the back end with a too-straight hind limb as well. I think the bloodlines cross well and the Q-D movement would compliment her but I need a stallion with a massive rear end.

Does anyone have a good conformation picture of Quarterhall?

Yes, I saw him last summer at the stallion station. I don't remember thinking his looked dis-proportioned but looking at the photo I took his hind quarters do look less than the ideal "1/3". However, I do not mind the angles of his limbs...pasterns maybe a bit long but not too much. The only picture I have of Quaterhall is on my website. Scroll down:

Hind end conformation of the Q-line is the thing I worry about as it is Quaterback's weak point too. That is why I have not bred him to my Davignon mare...that is her weak point as well. However, if you have a mare with a strong hind end I would use Quaterback in a second. All the mares I saw of his had great trots, even had decent walks, well conformed and very good temperaments (based on MPT results).

I did not see any offspring of Quaterhall (too young) so the jury is out on him. Not sure what his SPT scores were for rideability but that may be something worth looking up.
    Last edited by Blume Farm; Mar. 4, 2013 at 01:50 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.

Have you seen the Celle site for Quaterhall? They have a nice informational video too:

http://landgestuetcelle.de/cms/front...=16&idart=1897

Thanks for all the info.

I don't know how I missed that video! It was nice to see him being worked outside. He looks like he'd be a super lovely ride and his butt looks way better in the video than the photo!

Would see if you could get semen of Quadroneur. . Have bred to Quaterback three times and was quite happy with the resulting foals now coming four. I think Quadroneur is my favorite son so far. Lovely type and gaits.
    Nancy Holowesko
    www.crosiadorefarm.com
    Breeders of GOV Horses for Dressage

Here is another conf pic of Quaterhall as a 3yr old in case you hadn't seen it. If you click on the picture it will come up bigger... http://www.dmjhorses.com/index.php?id=207
    Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.cindyswarmbloods.com Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.facebook.com/CindysWarmbloods Join Us on Facebook for latest updates!

Thank you both for showing me those pics of Quarterhall, they've been super useful!

I saw Quarterhall at Celle, very nice horse, quite tall, very leggy, nice neck, cute face. Though I thought he has long cannon bones, particularly in the back, and he is quite straight in the hind legs. But overhall very nice stallion, and quite charming with a nice friendly personality
    Vergissmeinnicht.
    Forgive me, between French, English, and German, I'm sometimes completly lost

We had a filly born last year by Qredit out of a Riverman mare. She has an absolutely fabulous temperament and is much less spicy than her dam. She was so easy to take to her inspection and was so well behaved. She is more refined than her dam, very leggy and very elastic and big in her movement. I would describe her as a real athlete.

Thanks everyone for the insights.

LucyMay - do you have any pics of your Qredit filly?

I too have seen many many quaterbacks. Wide wide range in movement and temperment. I have just bought a dose of Quaterhall, and have seen him as a 3 and 4 year old, well, he is going to need a quiet mare for sure lol. Very pretty and leggy stallion.. Qredit is very substansial, so would need a lighter mare.

I have a filly here out of a quaterback dam and she is leggy and refined. So, who knows, may be a little gamble for me, and I might not use my Quaterhall semen this year until I see more offspring (Last year was his first crop)
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com
    standing Benidetto (Belissimo M/SPS COrdoba)

I do..I'm not sure how to post but if you PM I believe I can attach them.

Might also be worth looking at the young stallion Quateron

Quaterback x Stedinger x Lord Sinclair.

Both Quadroneur and Quateron are QxSH crosses. I would be worried about a less-than-stellar walk from this cross. But the trot on Quateron is very impressive!

A friend had a gawjus, very correct filly last year by Qredit out of an Arabian mare-- Quaterlinie

She was so happy with Linie, that she bred the same mare back to Qredit. Foal is expected very soon!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."