The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Okay friends, I added another forum to the board. You will see it has 2 active members, Me the admin and a friend who shares my obsession with Dragon cave. And she is a horsey person. I have had that board since 2000.
    It would be nice to have it used actively again. Would love to have any and all of you that want to continue to chat about the food lifestyle we share!
    And anything else. Here is the link to the main page. http://equinesetc.yuku.com/directory
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." Caffeinated.

Thanks for doing this, Sannois! I'm joining the board as well.

I started out doing well but am back to my sugar addiction, even within a day. I just need to be okay with the fact that it's going to take me a little bit of time to get back to eating clean. Despite going pretty much cold turkey the last time around, I have to be gentle. Good news though, I believe I'm financially in a place where I can ride again, so that will get me moving and motivated!
    RIP my beautiful Lola, ????–August 29, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by BigBayHanoMare View Post
    Thanks for doing this, Sannois! I'm joining the board as well.

I started out doing well but am back to my sugar addiction, even within a day. I just need to be okay with the fact that it's going to take me a little bit of time to get back to eating clean. Despite going pretty much cold turkey the last time around, I have to be gentle. Good news though, I believe I'm financially in a place where I can ride again, so that will get me moving and motivated!
    Can't wait to see my buddies on there. It really does help to have the support.
    Hey, I cannot, I tell you cannot give up my 2 sugars in my coffee, I just can't, I might as well give up coffee. I am not a sweet eater, candy etc, but HAVE to have sugar in my coffee.
    BAby steps, As long as you are not buying big ole nast fake boxes of cakes and cookies I do not think you should beat yourself up over it too much!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Can't wait to see my buddies on there. It really does help to have the support.
    Hey, I cannot, I tell you cannot give up my 2 sugars in my coffee, I just can't, I might as well give up coffee. I am not a sweet eater, candy etc, but HAVE to have sugar in my coffee.
    BAby steps, As long as you are not buying big ole nast fake boxes of cakes and cookies I do not think you should beat yourself up over it too much!
    Nope, not buying boxes of cookies and cakes! I am giving into the temptation of a slice or cake or a cookie, though. It bothers me that I do that. My tastebuds are already changing back to before I started eating Paleo; now I think honey in my coffee is nasty, whereas before I thought it was the best thing ever!

Awesome, I will set up the link in a bit so anyone who wants to can join!
    Actually its free, I have had the board for ages, you have to register, but other than that! LOVE to have your great insight on the whole Wheat Free Paleo thing Sharon!
    Thanks! I'll be glad to help in any way I can!

1 members found this post helpful.

Don't feel bad. I have no strength where chocolate is concerned and my demise is dark chocolate Milky Way bars...

Nope, not buying boxes of cookies and cakes! I am giving into the temptation of a slice or cake or a cookie, though. It bothers me that I do that. My tastebuds are already changing back to before I started eating Paleo; now I think honey in my coffee is nasty, whereas before I thought it was the best thing ever!
    Do you drink your coffee black?
    Is there any difference with Honey, or sugar? I know Refined sugar is bad! I have pure raw honey from a local farmer. Is that good? or better?

Do you drink your coffee black?
    Is there any difference with Honey, or sugar? I know Refined sugar is bad! I have pure raw honey from a local farmer. Is that good? or better?
    I add cream or half and half (sometimes milk) to my coffee. Can't do black! I use raw wildflower honey, it's not local but it's at least raw. Raw local honey is the epitome of an awesome Paleo-approved sweetener!

I add cream or half and half (sometimes milk) to my coffee. Can't do black! I use raw wildflower honey, it's not local but it's at least raw. Raw local honey is the epitome of an awesome Paleo-approved sweetener!
    Alright then, Honey it is. My honey from this summer has crystalized in it's jar, I have read it is just fine, but is that true?

Alright then, Honey it is. My honey from this summer has crystalized in it's jar, I have read it is just fine, but is that true?
    Yes, honey doesn't go bad! The honey they found in the catacombs in Egypt was perfectly fine.

WOW, There must be some truth to all the good claims to Honey combs and jelly. Amazing!!

Okay well in case off topic day is gone tomorrow, please all of you feel free to come to my board, Link in a few posts above.
    Keep eating clean. Then I can start a topic I was too scared to start here!

Bumping this up one last time to see if I can gather folks for my support group.
    The link is in one of my posts a few ones up.
    Would love you all to come and share in the Paleo wheat free life style.
    We can chat too. Healthy eating!

I joined the group and have a gazillion questions I will post there since off topic will likely be closed shortly!

Welcome Personal Champ. I replied to you just now on there.
    Now we just have to get the rest of our Cavewomen to come join us!!
    LOL Kidding folks~
    HERE is the link one more time. it is painless! And so without drama.
    Just a nice place to hang and hopefully be able to help each other with this big change. I am getting better!
    Okay this... http://equinesetc.yuku.com/directory

I signed up!

Bumping this up for my support buddies, Address is now in my siggie!

Joining!

Quote Originally Posted by TBRedHead View Post
    Joining!
    That is great TB Will love to have you! I think it will be a fun and healpful group.

Ok I joined too - I think LOL