The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trail Horse for Free Lease (WA)

Digger is a 15.1 hand, 15 year old, sorrel AQHA gelding.

He really likes having a job and right now I don't have the time to give him one as I'm busy with life and my show horse. So, he's in search of a new home with someone that can.

He's looking for a light duty trail or companion home - he'd be perfect for someone that wants to ride a few days a week on trails or road at the walk and trot with occasional lope. He likely wouldn't hold up to any serious arena work. He's got a big floaty walk, nice trot, and smooth lope.

He's good in groups and also goes out alone, happy to lead or follow - crosses water, bridges, neck reins and moves off the leg. He's the type of horse that can sit for a few weeks or a month and then happily head out for a ride.

He tore his left hind suspensory - the outside branch - sometime before I came to own him in Nov 2010. He re-strained it in July 2011 on the 4th of July (fireworks). Due to the injuries the sesamoid bone on that leg slipped and the fetlock is slightly dropped (looks bad but doesn't seem to bother him).

The July 2011 strain was diagnosed with ultrasound and we worked with a vet to develop and follow a rehab plan (and re-check with ultrasound). He's been sound on it since September 2011 and tracks up fully at the walk and trot.

Due to the chance that he might re-injure the suspensory in the future, he's available for free-lease so that he can come back to me if needed.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6124/5...1e7383e9_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3263/5...9f11df32_b.jpg
    Last edited by UrbanHennery; Feb. 25, 2013 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Clarity