The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default KWPN Peeps- I need your help

I am looking for information on the mare "Ratine" 98.02466 (born April 11 1998), and namely I am looking for info on her sire "N" (?) 95.8714.

Her papers state she is register B however both her sire and dam appear to be register A. How could that be? Was the sire (who was 3 when she was born) later not accepted, or does he have an actual name now? I can't figure this one out (I am very inexperienced with KWPN)... any help would be VERY much appreciated!
    www.jazcreek.com
    Specialized Equine Rehabilitation and Fitness in the Wine Country

Do you mean the sire's name on your paper is N?

The sire must have been accepted in the Reg. A because his sire was from an Erkend studbook.

So breed this stallion to any mare, Elite, Star, Reg.A or B wouldn't have change anything if his status haven't change, they would all be reg B.

The only way to know is to contact the KWPN-NA office with his reg number and they will tell you if this stallion was presented and approved after your mare was born. If he was, you can have your papers change

As per the name N we don't see this in NA but in Holland some breeders wait to the studbook inspection to choose the real name as this is the only time you can change the name of a horse in his life. So they give the foal a letter untill the studbook.

WHo is the sire and dam of N?
    Last edited by bloomingtonfarm; Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: To add
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com
    Breeder of Royal Dutch Sport Horse

Sire is Silvio I dam is Farina by Wellington.
    Here is his telex pedigree: http://www.horsetelex.nl//horses/pedigree/95793

Thanks for your help!
    www.jazcreek.com

Your fillies sire is now a REG A gelding, but as he made it through to the stallion selections first round he more than than likely covered your mares dam resulting in her Reg B status.

Her sires registration status "A" is because Silvio is not an Erkend KWPN stallion.

He may now have a name but as a gelding there is the possibility that it remains as "N" on his passport.

Ok here it is.

This stallion was presented for the selection but didn't make it to the second round so , no. he was not approved.

You see that regularly in Holland, breeding a stallion when he is 2 years old because they have high hope that he will be accepted. In this case since he was not the only possibility for his offspring was to be reg.B.

Nice bloodline though.

Hard to believe they didn't care to change his name , he seems to still be called N and compete up to Z level. I guess he must have a show name.
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com

[QUOTE=L&L;6805080]
    Her sires registration status "A" is because Silvio is not an Erkend KWPN stallion./QUOTE]

Oups, I took to much time to answer! But just a note to add that Silvio is not an Erkend Stallion but he is from an Erkend Studbook which allows him to be reg. A otherwise N would have been a reg. B himself.
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com

Thanks so much! That explains it.
    Why do the papers say Reg. A for "N" even though he never made it?
    Can this Register B mare that had a strong sport career (up to 1.40m) have offspring that are Register A ever or no? I am sorry if these are stupid questions, I am trying to learn more about KWPN!
    www.jazcreek.com

And one more question...
    Is there any way to find out why "N" did not make it through the second round of stallion selection? Are there common reasons why they do not?
    Ok, sorry, that is actually two more questions....
    www.jazcreek.com

Quote Originally Posted by JazCreekInc. View Post
    Thanks so much! That explains it.
    Why do the papers say Reg. A for "N" even though he never made it?
    Can this Register B mare that had a strong sport career (up to 1.40m) have offspring that are Register A ever or no? I am sorry if these are stupid questions, I am trying to learn more about KWPN!
    This might help http://kwpn-na.org/display/files/Reg...Chart_2012.pdf

The stallion "N" is KWPN/Reg.A as his sire was approved with an Erkend studbook and the dam was KWPN.

Ratine is KWPN/Reg. B but can have fully registerable KWPN offspring if she is bred to an approved KWPN stallion.
    Alison/Mikali Farms
    www.mikalifarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by JazCreekInc. View Post
    And one more question...
    Is there any way to find out why "N" did not make it through the second round of stallion selection? Are there common reasons why they do not?
    Ok, sorry, that is actually two more questions....
    Getting a stallion approved is never an easy process and there are many reasons why a stallion may not pass...

Purely for the sake of illustration: If 100 stallions are presented at the first round of licensing, there may be 45 that are invented to the second round and then maybe 15 of those that go on to the stallion testing - in the end, maybe 5 are fully approved.
    Alison/Mikali Farms
    www.mikalifarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by mikali View Post
    This might help http://kwpn-na.org/display/files/Reg...Chart_2012.pdf

The stallion "N" is KWPN/Reg.A as his sire was approved with an Erkend studbook and the dam was KWPN.

Ratine is KWPN/Reg. B but can have fully registerable KWPN offspring if she is bred to an approved KWPN stallion.
    Ok- I finally am following, "N" is Register A simply because of his breeding. As a stallion he was not approved but can still be Register A as a gelding. I believe L&L said that about 5 posts ago but I did not get it.

Thanks to all of you so much for your help! I really appreciate it.
    www.jazcreek.com