The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks FindersKeepers, I have a vet appt and I will ask specifically about the Dormosedan gel. I'm all for 'easy' for me to use! While I have considered pain to be a possibility for the hind leg issues (I would like to rule that out) the trembling originally would start from being caught. As in, as soon as you caught her, she'd shake all over. Since she is doing whis when she is frightened, and now this is mostly only when working around her hind legs or if you startle her, I'm kind of thinking she's just scared. But I'll definitely have the vet check her out.

Island of Heart Surrounded by the Sea of Intuition

Any signs of shivers? A horse at my barn has this (and it's a really nice "A" quality horse) and the farrier can't touch him without the horse being drugged. Supposedly he was beaten by a past farrier because he didn't understand why he would kick or not pick up his back feet.

Once he is drugged he is fine. And the only time this horse shows any signs is if he stands in the cross ties for a good amount of time and when he walks off he kicks his back leg to the side. I know its from pain but its pretty funny to see.
    The Love for a Horse is just as Complicated as the Love for another Human being, If you have never Loved a Horse you will Never Understand!!!

I got a young colt that had very minimal handling and was very standoffish, etc. Just take your time as others have suggested and the cotton rope thing works great! He is now hmmm going on five (in a couple of months I think) and is a nice little gelding that loves to be with people now.

PS your pony is ADORABLE!!!
    Missouri Fox Trotters-To ride one is to own one

Standardbreds, so much more then a harness racing horse.

Just wanted to add another "Awwww" to the chorus. And also wondering where you found this rarest of all creatures... a husband who *makes* you get *more* horses?????

1 members found this post helpful.