The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shipped my horse earlier this year from SC to CO. I think I'm the only person who had a bad experience with EE and a great experience with Nationwide.

EE cancelled my trip last minute and tried to reschedule for 3+ weeks later. That did not work as someone was taking his place at the farm a few days after (on the first of the month). I had a heck of a time trying to get my deposit back from them, but it ended ok I guess. Nationwide honored EE's quote and picked him up the next day. He arrived healthy and happy 3 days later. They had a minor mechanical issue along the way which delayed his drop off by a few hours but they were great about keeping in touch.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Pure Pleasure Transport LLC just shipped a mare of mine from N.FL to VA.

Things I did like:
    Shipped in a box stall , provided water , willing to put on blankets etc as needed, mare arrived safely .

Things I did NOT LIKE:
    Showed up over 2hrs late.
    Was flustered that the broodmare took more then 5 mins to load even texted ahead to complain about the "bad loader"
    She arrived at 10 till 9 and was gone before 9:30 including time to fill both horses water's and do paperwork..so frustrated over 15mins load time.
    Did not provide fresh shavings in box..was clear what was there had been used for other trips
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

I think you made a good choice with EE. I've used them, and others in my barn, and everyone was very pleased with them. They shipped a 5 yr old TB mare that was taken off the farm she was born on, and hadn't been off the property except for a short trip for a PPE. They were great with her. She stepped off the trailer after traveling 2 full days (with a layover for a few days in Dallas,) in great shape. There was also a horse being shipped with her that was blind in one eye, and they were very careful with her, and considerate of her blind side.

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    Shipped my horse earlier this year from SC to CO. I think I'm the only person who had a bad experience with EE and a great experience with Nationwide.

EE cancelled my trip last minute and tried to reschedule for 3+ weeks later. That did not work as someone was taking his place at the farm a few days after (on the first of the month). I had a heck of a time trying to get my deposit back from them, but it ended ok I guess. Nationwide honored EE's quote and picked him up the next day. He arrived healthy and happy 3 days later. They had a minor mechanical issue along the way which delayed his drop off by a few hours but they were great about keeping in touch.
    that's super interesting to hear about getting a deposit back from EE (as i assume you're referring to Equine Express) as they don't take deposits - that's exactly what they told me when i asked if i needed to put a deposit down to guarantee that my two horses would have a spot on the truck. nope! no deposit - paid the rate in full the day before they shipped.

Same thing I thought. I believe there is another company who is newer and less reputable trying to get going - I am wondering if the EE referenced is that company?

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonsky View Post
    that's super interesting to hear about getting a deposit back from EE (as i assume you're referring to Equine Express) as they don't take deposits - that's exactly what they told me when i asked if i needed to put a deposit down to guarantee that my two horses would have a spot on the truck. nope! no deposit - paid the rate in full the day before they shipped.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

that would make a lot more sense. i just used Equine Express to ship my two appaloosas a month ago tomorrow so that was quite recent. :/

I used Brookledge to get my boy from AZ to FL a few years ago and had a great experience with them. It took a while for him to arrive as he shipped during the holidays, but they took great care of him and even sent me photos from his layover in KY. I will likely use them again when he ships from FL up to CT.

So I used Equine Express, and while it took awhile to get the trip scheduled (understandable, given my timeline), they did an excellent job.

Pony face was a little reluctant to load, but the driver took his time, didn't rush him, and got him loaded in under 10 minutes. After a ride down to Texas and a layover over the weekend, my horse arrived tonight looking fantastic. Didn't look stressed in the least. Bonus - they called to update me on him everyday until he got here and were fantastic with communication in general.

So, in conclusion, two thumbs up for Equine Express. Thanks to those that suggested them!
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

1 members found this post helpful.

Right, they have been excellent when they hauled for us.
    Glad to hear they did well for you also.

In one trip, the owner, an elderly gentleman, that generally works in their office on calls, was the co-pilot and his grandson the main driver.
    Both were very good with the horses and the rig looked clean, new and comfortable and the horses relaxed in there, like the driver was careful and smooth.

I had my arm on a sling and they handled it all, haltered the horse and were good with the horse.

They were there when they said and had called beforehand, as they were getting closer.

I am sure all doesn't go well all the time, but they seem very efficient, communicated well and handled the driving and horses the best.