Once its identified as a keratoma (caught before lameness due to PPE xrays...) can I wait until it actually causes lameness to remove, or should it be removed immediately?
Will waiting cause more harm in the long run? Or make the removal harder? Or create issues elsewhere?
Horse is sound, didnt react to hoof testers at PPE 3 years ago but xrays revealed convex "pocket"...hoof wall "deformity"/bulge noted by vet at the time.
Horse has been sound, that bulge the vet was referring to seemed to disappear. Bulge is back to minimal appearance, near bulge horse has a "secondary infection" accordig to Farrier today. He pared out that part that was like a hole along white line/wall. Horse mildly reactive to testers now but still sound for riding.
"If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."