The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I'm addicted!!

Saw my first ever live racing today at Turf Paradise. I'm officially addicted!! Is there any way to keep up with my favorite horses from the day?

I was surprisingly good at picking winners just by looking at bloodlines and conformation. Some horses just oozed class compared to the others. A few I completely fell in love with and wanted to take home with me.

There was one incident where a horse went down. Looked to me like maybe an aortic rupture. He was easing up and just collapsed. Looked like he was gone before he hit the ground. Is there anyway to find out what happened?

Thanks in advance from a new racing addict!!
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

You can make an Equibase virtual stable and put in the horses that interest you. You will get an e-mail when they work out, are entered, or race.

Quote Originally Posted by furlong47 View Post
    You can make an Equibase virtual stable and put in the horses that interest you. You will get an e-mail when they work out, are entered, or race.
    Ditto that.
    You can also follow Trainers, Jockeys, Race results etc.
    As for the one you saw get hurt is no way for anybody to really know. Stuff like that isn't usually made public at least by charts, records etc.
    "I am going to have horse racing as my business, and my hobby will be punishing each and every one of you pinheads, so happy blogging you have my attention"
    Michael Gill-2010

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    There was one incident where a horse went down. Looked to me like maybe an aortic rupture. He was easing up and just collapsed. Looked like he was gone before he hit the ground. Is there anyway to find out what happened?
    Glad to hear you've enjoyed the races!

As for the vanned off horse at Turf Paradise per the Dec 23 race cards two horses were vanned off so I don't know which one you're citing. Race 3 was "It's Noor" was vanned off -- and Race 5 was "Mark of Mischief" is cited as having "fell" with no detail beyond that but I cannot think it was good based upon the comment line.

TP is one of the tracks that (in my view) is exceedingly guarded in what info is released. If a horse goes down at a NYRA track the info is disclosed - good or bad. That is just their policy.

They don't seem to have a Turf Paradise "news" section on their site.

Thanks for the info guys!!

The horse I was referring to was It's Noor. Mark of Mischief fell and tripped another horse but both got up and seemed ok. It's Noor appeared to be gone when he hit the dirt
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate