The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Soundness may be an issue here. Is their a breathalizer test too??? That could make it interesting!

1 members found this post helpful.

Sometimes I feel like my vet would be more effective at identifying what is causing my lameness and treating it. :-/ There is no way I'd pass a jog. Sigh.

3 members found this post helpful.

I jog almost everyday and it is ugly and I limp a bit. Its also slow. I look horrid when I jog and no way in hell would any vet or doctor pass me as sound.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

No, I wouldn't pass a jog! I'm unsound in both wind & limb.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

I wouldn't pass a PPE, no way. Unless having a plate and screws holding one's left clavicle together is OK... And my general medical history is.... daunting, to put it mildly.

I hope I could get a TUE for insulin (banned at all times) given that I'll DIE if I don't take it...
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

I could only pass the jog by flunking the drug test. If my SO does a PPE before we get married, he'll probably just put me down
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

2 members found this post helpful.

I [I]maybe[I] would pass the jog, but not in some of the outfits we've been seeing
    Last edited by ACMEeventing; Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

You wouldn't believe how scantily clad my horse would have to be for me to pass the jog.

14 members found this post helpful.

I wouldn't jog sound with or without anti inflammatory drugs. Even a spectacular horse wouldn't blind the judge's eye.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeventer View Post
    I jog almost everyday and it is ugly and I limp a bit. Its also slow. I look horrid when I jog and no way in hell would any vet or doctor pass me as sound.
    I just attempted to jog across the road and my knee buckled, sending me down into a snow bank before I got up and limped away. I think maybe I need to be turned out for a few months before trying again
    Last edited by supershorty628; Dec. 12, 2012 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAyers View Post
    You wouldn't believe how scantily clad my horse would have to be for me to pass the jog.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    I just attempted to jog across the road and my knee buckled, sending me down into a snow bank before I got up and limped away. I think maybe I need to be turned out for a few months before trying again
    LOL! It has happened to me quite a few times as well. I didn't wrap my ankle a few weeks ago and I landed off a stride mid run and crumpled to the ground. I got up and looked around and a man laughed at me as I hobbled away. The pride was a bit broken.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Diuretics can be used to eliminate illegal drugs from your system, thus the ban on that class of medication. However, if you file in advance a medical form with your doctor's explanation of your medical condition that requires that type of medication, you are OK. Same as filing horse's controlled medication form.
    Oh, I understand why diuretics are on the 'we do not like them' list, I just imagine there must be a fair number of TUEs applied for, if not granted, given the role they play in managing high blood pressure. Seems like something people might try to use to 'game' the system, also, if things aren't reviewed carefully. "Oh, I have to take those, I have high blood pressure! Pay no attention to those other things I'm also taking that the diuretics are handily clearing out of my system before you can test for them!"

I haven't looked at the drug list, can I take MSM and Vegetarian Glucosamine? With them I can pass a jog as long as the plate on my right clavicle is ok. Without the MSM and Glucosamine my right knee would make me a cripple.

Christa

Who fortunatly is nowhere near worrying about FEI rules.

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    I would not jog sound. I wouldn't even jog sound on a basic flexion test.
    LOL, me either!

If you'd like to find out if a particular substance is banned in your particular sport, go to this page and enter the relevant fields.

Not all substances are banned in all sports -- for example, beta-blockers aren't banned in or out of competition for equestrians but are banned in and out of competition for shooters. Beta blockers do confer an advantage in shooting sports, and there is a long history of drug positives for those drugs in shooting.

(I would pass a jog, so long as I had coffee in the morning. Otherwise, I might not show. I would also pass a drug test.)

I had mountain dew and raw brownie dough before I went to the barn today. I just flew thru the barn chores; yeah, I could pass the jog.
    Proud Member of the Courageous Weenie Eventers Clique

Quote Originally Posted by axl View Post
    I could only pass the jog by flunking the drug test. If my SO does a PPE before we get married, he'll probably just put me down
    The important one there is a negative Coggins!

2 members found this post helpful.

I don't jog, sound or otherwise! I'd be spun if Advil is on the forbidden medications list.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

On no meda and can run about a mile under optimal conditions (if being pursued by a knife-wielding maniac is optimal). But, I could do it. Breathing hard but with no limp, so I think I'd pass...... Not bad for 41 and working with horses for a living!

Jennifer