The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 5 - your PMs are full!

Hey, 5! I tried to PM you, but your box was full. I'm the OP on the severe hunger pains post.

Just wanted to tell you that YOU ROCK! I started using Tagamet like you suggested, and OMG, what a DIFFERENCE! No severe pains! I'm patiently waiting for my doc appointment, but I am absolutely floored by how much Tagamet helps! Thank you so, so much!

JumpQH

PS - thanks, mods, for letting me get this to 5!

2 members found this post helpful.

I'll thin them out.

Glad I could help. Hope the ulcers go bye bye forever.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

2 members found this post helpful.

Just bumping this up since I tried replying to your PM earlier but couldn't send it to you since your box is full.

Yes can totally help out just let me know how!

P.

Default Always Funny Syndicate Members

Anyone trying to PM 5 about the syndicate for Always Funny:

I will be sending you the info in a PM after I get back from the barn. I'm waiting on bluengray to verify her paypal account. (if it is the same as her email.)

I have her address, and email, so I'll be sending that to everyone. (I offered to help 5 since I'm immune to criticism about being pushy.)

And I'm having trouble with the forum saying it's reloading, but I found out that I can come into here thru the magazine site. So I'll be back this afternoon to give out info in PMs.

Thanks to 5 and a little grey for helping out Always Funny. I did not think the old girl would last this long, but apparently being at BnG's and having good hoof care and good feed and grass and hay, plus that boyfriend (Funny's) has given her more years to live. Great work, BluenGray.

5 members found this post helpful.

They filled up fast but they are to empty now... For the moment.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

1 members found this post helpful.

I was happy to get the PM-guess she's doing well! I don't mind sending another dribble!

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Anyone trying to PM 5 about the syndicate for Always Funny:

I will be sending you the info in a PM after I get back from the barn. I'm waiting on bluengray to verify her paypal account. (if it is the same as her email.)

I have her address, and email, so I'll be sending that to everyone. (I offered to help 5 since I'm immune to criticism about being pushy.)

And I'm having trouble with the forum saying it's reloading, but I found out that I can come into here thru the magazine site. So I'll be back this afternoon to give out info in PMs.

Thanks to 5 and a little grey for helping out Always Funny. I did not think the old girl would last this long, but apparently being at BnG's and having good hoof care and good feed and grass and hay, plus that boyfriend (Funny's) has given her more years to live. Great work, BluenGray.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

OK walkinthewoods has a full mailbox, so she won't get my email. If anyone knows her, please tell her. OK she's contacted me, thank you!

And remember, a nice note of thanks to Kim will be just as welcome as other things. Of course, we did not win the lotto last Wed. or Cloudy and Hattie Pattie would cover it all.

oops, I don't think polydor is on the list, so let me send her a copy. She and many others were on the list on the original thread. So hopefully all got the PM, except for about 4 I think.
    And axl, I left you off, so I sent you a copy separately.

And I just send some $ to the email given, and it showed bluengray's full name as the recipient, so I think we are good with paypal. I've asked her to post if she got the paypal.
    ok WalkInTheWoods has her PM, thank you.
    And I was told to go back to the list on page 39 of the thread about Always Funny to get the other names. A few have full mailboxes but I will try them again tonight or tomorrow.
    Last edited by cloudyandcallie; Dec. 3, 2012 at 05:30 PM.

3 members found this post helpful.

And OP, sorry to hijack your thread, but 5 had PMed all of us owners of Always Funny, so I used your thread to notified members.

hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support! Funny is doing great and enjoying the warm weather. We are thrilled to see Funny enjoying everyday. She is a pleasure to have in the barn -and her beau loves having her here too. She is a classy girl, was definitely loved and well cared for by someone in her past days. Good food, friends, and Uncle Jimmys treats keep her happy. I can't wait to celebrate her birthday in January.

Again, thanks to everyone for helping out this great lady.

4 members found this post helpful.

Please send a PM with a paypal address and I'll send Funny a Christmas dribble.

thanks!
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

what is Tagamet? I have acid reflux and am on omeprazole. I dont have heart burn but constantly coughing and hacking. Going in tomorrow for an upper endoscopy. But open to all ideas

lovey1121 - clear your PM mailbox, you are full.

Quote Originally Posted by jay0087 View Post
    what is Tagamet?
    Over the counter cimitidine not sure if it is what you want for reflux though. I think they have something else over the counter for that.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    And OP, sorry to hijack your thread, but 5 had PMed all of us owners of Always Funny, so I used your thread to notified members.
    No prob! Glad to help!

Quote Originally Posted by jay0087 View Post
    what is Tagamet? I have acid reflux and am on omeprazole. I dont have heart burn but constantly coughing and hacking. Going in tomorrow for an upper endoscopy. But open to all ideas
    Tagamet, as 5 said (thanks, 5!), is OTC Cimetidine. Cimetidine is an acid reducer. I was shocked at how much it helped me! I have acid reflux and use omep at night, and now Tagamet in the morning.

ETA: Per my gastro doc, I just plain make too much acid, and this is why I reflux. Nothing else wrong, but it sure makes life miserable!
    Last edited by JumpQH; Dec. 3, 2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Added more info

Thanks for staying on top of the addresses, etc, C&C etc. I am busy with another surgery so I appreciate the field work, lol!
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

Minor highjack!!

Just an fyi on Tagamet/cimetidine. It is indeed an H2 (histamine 2) blocker like Zantac/ranitidine and used primarily for reflux, but of the H2s available, it interacts with FAR more meds than the others. I use it. I think it works better and faster than some of the others, BUT I highly recommend you talk to your pharmacist because of the possible interactions.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled thread.....
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Quote Originally Posted by alittlegray View Post
    Thanks for staying on top of the addresses, etc, C&C etc. I am busy with another surgery so I appreciate the field work, lol!
    Jingle, Jingle, Jingle

Does this help for a heavy, bright yellow and very viscous throw up as well??

Cloudyandcallie- Now your pm box is full.