The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Just got back from working at the mall. I did not spend a single cent today, and made A LOT! I also had fun with my coworkers, especially when my manager gave me the "mom" look for leaning against the back counter for a split second too long (whoopsies!). We had a good laugh about that because she came back out from the store room and was like, "I just gave you the mom look, didn't I?" I got to know some of our seasonal employees who all seem really nice, so yay. All in all actually not nearly as bad as it could've been. Its kinda amusing to see how intimidated the newbies are by our managers, who are really not intimidating at all.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I had a good day at work too. My company supplied us with pizza and as the day winded down, some of us were let go early. I like working for my small business. It was busy but not unbearable. Part of me wishes it was busier and hoping for a good day tomorrow on "Small Business Saturday".
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

My plan is to scoop up all those great Black Friday deals for a buck at next season's yard sales.

1 members found this post helpful.

I did go out for Black Friday but certainly not at the crack of dawn (or midnight for that matter).

Got to my local store around 9. No crowds, found what I wanted, got good deals and went home.

There wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that I was going to the mall. Bought some things online and still got great deals. And I did that on Wednesday!

Today, I am venturing out to walk around a couple of towns that have many small shops with neat stuff. I'm looking forward to finding some unique and meaningful gifts while supporting the local businesses.