The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hunter bridle for wide head?

Looking for hunter bridle for horse that is wide between the ears. A horse sized Dover Circuit bridle fits length wise but seems tight around the ears. Everyday bridle so like to keep it well under $150.
    https://www.facebook.com/HunterHillFarmIowa

Oh my god - she's gone and got the eventing bug! I will send you some antibiotics! Take the entire bottle and do two hunter shows and it will pass!

I have the same problem. Buy from somewhere like JustBridles.com or Bartville Harness where you can mix and match. Or maybe just buy an oversized browband to match whatever bridle you pick.

You might just have to swap in a different browband.

My oversized guys fit awesome in Smartpak/HK bridles in Oversized which are generous without being huge huge like some other brands.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    You might just have to swap in a different browband.

My oversized guys fit awesome in Smartpak/HK bridles in Oversized which are generous without being huge huge like some other brands.
    Thanks. I don't see an HK bridle on their site. Do you mean the smartpak branded bridles? Harwich maybe?
    https://www.facebook.com/HunterHillFarmIowa

Oh my god - she's gone and got the eventing bug! I will send you some antibiotics! Take the entire bottle and do two hunter shows and it will pass!

I feel your pain, Sparky Boy!

"My" medium pony has the biggest forehead in the world. I just ended up buying a nice, pony-sized bridle and then getting a horse-sized browband to match.

It could be worse, your horse could have a head like mine... Cob size in length, horse size in noseband, and oversize in browband. I have a Hadfields that fits really great, only a little long, and a tiny bit small in the noseband ( and this is being picky, as in perfectly fitted on every hole) I had to buy an oversize browband, and now it's perfect!

Check out Just Brildles, that shop is made for the hard to fit horses, so you can mix and match to get a good fit.
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."