The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Maybe he's there to make sure that the republicans don't riot if Romney isn't elected?

The Obama hats, paintings on the wall in front of the voting booth, Black Panthers, fighting Voter ID laws, etc, sicken me. It's so obvious what the Obama side is doing
    Almost as obvious (and sickening) as what the Republicans have been doing!

2 members found this post helpful.

Seriously minnie? It happens on both sides because some people are stupid and dishonest, regardless of party affiliation.

Proof: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...egularities-2/

The point is, it still doesn't happen enough to make it the sort of issue some news outlets have tried to make it. Even one of McCain's strategists has said it's a straw man: http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...-really-exist/

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie;6654009[URL
    http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/11/05/1139141/mccain-strategist-admits-voter-fraud-doesnt-really-exist/[/URL]
    You're using a Think Progress website as a source? Seriously?!

Quote Originally Posted by subk View Post
    You're using a Think Progress website as a source? Seriously?!
    Did you actually click on the link? There's a video imbedded in it where he talks about. Can't really "slant" that.

Here, some other less biased outlets with the same story:
    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem..._mythology.php

http://www.businessinsider.com/steve...-exist-2012-11

Otherwise, no, I would not have posted it, as I don't back up arguments with obviously slanted sources.

Kind of silly that you're calling me out on this though, considering how many Fox news links and otherwise right-leaning sources others have thrown up here to back up their assertions...

Natalie ... Let's approach the issue differently. Do you lock your doors? Why? Have you been robbed?
    The reason I lock my door is to prevent easy robbery. Sure the robber can break the door or pick the lock. It's just not as easy an an open door.

The same applies to the vote.

Maybe I've got a criminal mind... I saw it too easy to steal votes when I was at the poll.

1 members found this post helpful.

hosspuller--criminal mind. Perhaps...I guess I don't have one.

I went to the polls this morning and quite frankly, I thought everything was organized and well run. I had to provide personal info (that only someone close to me would know) to get a voting card, and sign off on a sheet that had all of my registration info on it (once I confirmed I was me by answering some sensitive questions). Sure, if you were really determined, you could find a way to cheat. But you'd have to be pretty damn creative, and I don't really see how it would be feasible to try anything on a large enough scale to actually swing an election.

Really, it's all been a big shrug to me for the most part, no matter which party is doing the finger pointing (and really, they both have been).

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Can anyone provide a reasonable explanation as to why the Black Panthers feel the need to hang out in front of multiple polling places?? Why?
    Hmm... same reason the republicans, anti abortion supporters, anti suicide, anti gun control etc hang out in front of multiple polling places. It's called the Constitution. Get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Did you actually click on the link?
    No, I'm not going to add to their traffic or page views.

FYI: A correlating link to Fox News would be CBS News, CNN, MSNBC, etc. A correlating link to Think Progress would be something like Karl Rove's American Crossroads organization. Bet you'd get a kick out of Karl!
    Last edited by subk; Nov. 6, 2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by pezk View Post
    Hmm... same reason the republicans, anti abortion supporters, anti suicide, anti gun control etc hang out in front of multiple polling places. It's called the Constitution. Get over it!
    Pezk, as always, going off the rails...

It is illegal to stand outside of a voting place and intimidate voters, ILLEGAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Pezk, as always, going off the rails...

It is illegal to stand outside of a voting place and intimidate voters, ILLEGAL.
    oh, Noms, you're so funny. If they are beating people up, pointing guns,getting in your face, then call the police. But if their very presence is what is intimidating, that is no different then the anti abortion protesters outside of planned parenthood.
    Call the police if the Black Panthers are violating the law. I don't know about your state but when I went to vote today, all protesters, no matter who they were and all political supporters were kept far away from the polling place. They had more police then I've ever seen and were willing to arrest any political supporter or protestor who violated the rules. Romney, Obama, it didn't matter. I've never seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    hosspuller--criminal mind. Perhaps...I guess I don't have one.

I went to the polls this morning and quite frankly, I thought everything was organized and well run. I had to provide personal info (that only someone close to me would know) to get a voting card, and sign off on a sheet that had all of my registration info on it (once I confirmed I was me by answering some sensitive questions). Sure, if you were really determined, you could find a way to cheat. But you'd have to be pretty damn creative, and I don't really see how it would be feasible to try anything on a large enough scale to actually swing an election.

Really, it's all been a big shrug to me for the most part, no matter which party is doing the finger pointing (and really, they both have been).
    I based my opinion on voting procedures in NC. No questions were asked to confirm my identity other than address. Curious though.. What sensitive questions were asked of you to confirm identity ??

As I posted before only 213 votes gave the united states of A ...Obamacare. Each vote is important.

Quote Originally Posted by hosspuller View Post
    As I posted before only 213 votes gave the united states of A ...Obamacare. Each vote is important.
    Rather optimistic of you to assume they weren't 213 fraudulent votes since these were votes found in the back of a Democratic poll worker's car several days after the election that she "forgot" to turn in.