The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Albion area MI peeps:Anyone heard of Circle S Ranch?

Posting as an alter as I'm not really sure what I'm getting myself into.

Has anyone heard, seen, been to, dealt with this place?

http://circlesranchhorses.weebly.com/index.html

I've got a not-so-horse-savvy family member potentially getting into a "situation" and I'm wondering if I should speak up, get involved or just run straight for the hills far, far away. Not much I'm really willing to say as I'd like to keep this anonymous for myself and said family member. I'm not looking to stir drama, run anyone into the ground, be ran into the ground myself or anything like that. Just looking for facts and input from anyone from the area who may happen to be "in the know". I'm hearing...things...about this "ranch". I'm torn between sticking my head in the sand and screaming "lalalalalalala" or doing everything I can to drag family member away from a potentially bad experience.

I will say, it involves purchasing a horse with no vet check and a possible breeding to this stallion with a "free" stud fee:

http://circlesranchhorses.weebly.com...s-at-stud.html

Anyone got anything to share? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post and folks, please go easy on me as I know these anonymous posts don't always go over well. I'm just really torn and not wanting anything to do with the situation but at the same time...well it's family and all.

2 members found this post helpful.

I'm in NC and haven't heard of them, but from that web site, I'd say RUN AWAY. Fast. Omg...
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

1 members found this post helpful.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

IIWMy family, I'd be trying to find another option for them or completely divorcing myself from the situation.

That website has too many moments, both pics & text, to make me comfortable pointing anyone in that direction.

Example:
    Their lesson page states "dress appropriately" right next to a photo of a chick in hotpants standing on a horse's back.
    W.T.F.
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    IIWMy family, I'd be trying to find another option for them or completely divorcing myself from the situation.
    And that is my quandary.

I cannot decide if I should stay out of it or go ahead and "step in it". I've heard it could get ugly if I do.

I guess I was hoping that by posting this, I'd either get told "naw, they aren't that bad to deal with" or something along those lines.

Honestly if they are as crazy as I've heard I would have thought I'd get a little feedback verifying that here on COTH. People here always seem to be in the know.

I know the "ranch" recently changed names, same people. It used to be Circle S I believe? And the name of the girl running it is Melissa Sawiki. I'm really hoping for some first-hand accounts because all I've heard at this point is friend-of-a-friend type rumors. Don't know if I should have the "this is why you don't need a pregnant mare/foal" talk with said relative, if I do everything I can to keep her out of the situation altogether or if I'm dealing with a sinking ship situation and should just bail. Relative somewhat listens to me but right now she's got a too-good-to-be-true line of bull being whispered in her ear and dreams of a foal dancing in her head. Sigh.

Angry Appalled!

Quote Originally Posted by Alter4aDay View Post
    Posting as an alter as I'm not really sure what I'm getting myself into.

Has anyone heard, seen, been to, dealt with this place?

http://circlesranchhorses.weebly.com/index.html

I've got a not-so-horse-savvy family member potentially getting into a "situation" and I'm wondering if I should speak up, get involved or just run straight for the hills far, far away. Not much I'm really willing to say as I'd like to keep this anonymous for myself and said family member. I'm not looking to stir drama, run anyone into the ground, be ran into the ground myself or anything like that. Just looking for facts and input from anyone from the area who may happen to be "in the know". I'm hearing...things...about this "ranch". I'm torn between sticking my head in the sand and screaming "lalalalalalala" or doing everything I can to drag family member away from a potentially bad experience.

I will say, it involves purchasing a horse with no vet check and a possible breeding to this stallion with a "free" stud fee:

http://circlesranchhorses.weebly.com...s-at-stud.html

Anyone got anything to share? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post and folks, please go easy on me as I know these anonymous posts don't always go over well. I'm just really torn and not wanting anything to do with the situation but at the same time...well it's family and all.

Im Appalled at this. all your facts and information is completely wrong. just as much as the Vendetta posts on the internet.
    First off, Circle S Ranch HAS ALWAYS been the same for 14years now. never has it changed its names or archways.

Second. Melissa Sawicki (i) DO NOT own or RUN Circle S Ranch.
    i only TRAIN there and handle the Sales.

Third. Run to the hills? what are you children. im trying to guess which client i need to have a discussion with. also i have photo shot this and can and will take this to a prosecuting attorney, as this is SLANDER since its based on NO true fact. and is a personal vendetta to ruin my reputation and if ANYONE has personally had BUSINESS experiences with me its always been very good, classy and appropriate.

Fourth. what happened to "if you dont have nothing nice to say don't say nothing!" rule, and society itself i was brought up, to not judge, not be RACIST, and to be polite and respectful. unlike so many of the so called "horse community...

Fifth. I have SOLID proof in several forms about the vendetta placed about me, is complete lies.

If you have a problem, message me or CALL ME or even COME to the Ranch i will be there.
    don't HIDE behind a computer screen like SCARED Children...
    Thank you for your time.

I love it. This just made my night.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    I love it. This just made my night.
    Yep, me too.

Popcorn?
    “I never play horseshoes ‘cause Mother taught us not to throw our clothes around.”
    -Mr. Ed

I have some wine.... even though it's morning, it's 5:00 somewhere...

Psst.... Slander is spoken, Libel is written. May want to get the facts straight.
    I don't always feel up to arguing with your ignorance

6 members found this post helpful.

Well that escalated quickly. Anyone care to pass the wine? No popcorn please, it gets stuck in my teeth.

I didn't even notice the libel/slander thing. I was too amused by the vendetta being placed around her.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

LOL, so criticizing the website and being suspicious of a deal that involves breeding a mare (I'd be curious as they aren't listing any stallions at stud) with newbie owner is "RACIST"? That's the new go-to 'your argument is invalid,' eh?

Don't know these people, have never heard of them (Albion's probably an hour or so from here, so that doesn't mean much.) The website isn't one that would make me buy a horse or send a newbie for lessons-website building, okay, that's not easy, but spelling and grammar should be. The bareback, helmetless, Daisy Dukes, sloppy-dress stuff (I'm not a boots-breeches-and-polo Nazi but neat jeans and a Troxel aren't expensive) isn't really selling the place to me. But if the horses really are bomb-proof someone looking for just trail-riding probably would be all right.

I would normally say the boarding rates are overpriced for the area (you can get a 'family-farm' place stall board with grain for less) but given hay prices, it's probably fair, especially if they're having to buy hay rather than grow it (or they grow their own and the cuttings were bad-our weather was horribly timed this year for hay.)

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaSawicki View Post
    Im Appalled at this. all your facts and information is completely wrong. just as much as the Vendetta posts on the internet.
    First off, Circle S Ranch HAS ALWAYS been the same for 14years now. never has it changed its names or archways.

Second. Melissa Sawicki (i) DO NOT own or RUN Circle S Ranch.
    i only TRAIN there and handle the Sales.

Third. Run to the hills? what are you children. im trying to guess which client i need to have a discussion with. also i have photo shot this and can and will take this to a prosecuting attorney, as this is SLANDER since its based on NO true fact. and is a personal vendetta to ruin my reputation and if ANYONE has personally had BUSINESS experiences with me its always been very good, classy and appropriate.

Fourth. what happened to "if you dont have nothing nice to say don't say nothing!" rule, and society itself i was brought up, to not judge, not be RACIST, and to be polite and respectful. unlike so many of the so called "horse community...

Fifth. I have SOLID proof in several forms about the vendetta placed about me, is complete lies.

If you have a problem, message me or CALL ME or even COME to the Ranch i will be there.
    don't HIDE behind a computer screen like SCARED Children...
    Thank you for your time.

this response seems representative of the inividual "who" would have a client relaionship with ...
    I'd be inclined to direct "who" to this topic & allow them to make up their own minds.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaSawicki View Post
    Well, the random punctuation in this posts certainly matches the website. Good to see some consistency!

6 members found this post helpful.

Yep.

I think "the Vendetta" from this thread must be in the same family as "correct Attire" from the website. Just random capitalization of letters. Perhaps for emphasis? It's a distinct style, at any rate.

But don't mind me. I'm a racist. Not sure how that happened or how it works, but it's been said, so...ya know.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

I would run away. Anywhere that only has pictures of themselves standing up on a horse and nothing else sounds like a backyard nightmare.
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

Well good to know it isn't that horrible VAndetta that was going on around here at an earlier date. WOW there is are more pictures of ppl standing on horses than sitting on them. Am I just out of touch with times and this is the "thing to do" now?

The "trail boss" also needs to work on his hunkered over position

I hate being a racist, ya know with Bi-racial children and all. How did that happen? I am also engaged to a black man (getting married on 12/12/12 Guess I'm in denial...
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

So lesson and training main pics feature someone STANDING on a horse sans helmet no less....but they SAY they require helmets. I looked at several pics, never saw a helmet just God awful pictures.

And at 300/mo for pasture board with shelter? Uh, no. Not in Albion.

I just left MI, but I'm not an idiot. You can find great care in that area for similar or less $$. Just the pics alone would send me running crazily away.

Whomever thinks that pics of STANDING ON A HORSE--ya know, a super useful skill--is the primary selling point has to be a whackadoodle. Sorry. <shrugs>
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

FYI, it's libel if it's written, and it ain't libel if it's true. Slander is spoken. Just wanted to clarify. And either way, you'd have to A) prove it's not true and then B) prove that you lost money as a result to have any actionable claim as I understand it. But I'm not an attorney nor do I play one on TV.

Don't take my word for it of course:

http://defamation.laws.com/defamatio...bel-vs-slander
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    So lesson and training main pics feature someone STANDING on a horse sans helmet no less....but they SAY they require helmets. I looked at several pics, never saw a helmet just God awful pictures.

Whomever thinks that pics of STANDING ON A HORSE--ya know, a super useful skill--is the primary selling point has to be a whackadoodle. Sorry. <shrugs>
    I have been sort of picturing in my head the scene of how that happens in lessons.

"Today is your 4th lesson, so it's time to start working on standing UP on the horse. Uh, trotting? Developing a seat? No, no, we need to start working on your balance. So that soon, you'll be able to stand UP on the horse. It's very important. You never know when you are going to need to see over something. So next time when you come, be sure to wear your tiny shorts if you're a girl and no shirt if you're a guy. Yes, that's important too. You need to be able to move freely. Tha'll be $20."
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

5 members found this post helpful.

Thumbs down

If it is a Michigan barn, anything is possible! Just saying!
    ETA, Holy cow, I just looked at the pictures. Man I knew it was another Yahoo barn. Check out the guy with the back tat standing on the paint!
    All one has to do is read the training page to get a clue as to the quality training facility it is!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.