The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

A gypsy caravan somewhere in Eastern Europe

Default Anyone have Horze.com Denim Breeches?

Any of the models - I particularly love the ones with the little flag pockets, and am very tempted to buy them during a sale. Wondering how they fit - if they all run differently, stretch out a lot, etc. I can really only wear the TS Trophy cut of breeches, nothing else fits well, and wear a 26 or 28 - I also wear a 28 or 30 in the Goode Rider jeans.

Anyone care to share, and enable me to spend some money?

I just bought them at their last sale, and got around to wearing them this week. So far I really like them.

But, I've never worn breeches much, so I cannot answer most of your questions, sorry!

To me, they look as much like a Jean as a breech can look, they seem to be made fairly well, and since I still have them on right now, 4 hours after I returned from a 3.5 hour trail ride, I guess that is an endorsement in itself.
    OLD FRIENDS FARM-Equine Retirement-We LOVE Seniors!! Spoiling Retirees since 1998
    http://www.angelfire.com/oldfriendsfarm/home.html
    Charter Member of UYA!

I caved and bought a pair of the Silvia denim breeches, even though I don't really need any more. They are nice looking and I think I will like them (only tried on, haven't ridden in them yet), however they do run long. I normally wear a regular length breech in ariat or TS, and these go to my ankle! I'm thinking I will see how they shrink after washing, if at all, then if still super long, I'll figure out a way to shorten them a bit. For reference, I'm 5'5" and have a 30" inseam. So if you are taller/long legged, they might be perfect!

I bought the Silvia breeches as well, in a size that is usually a good/safe bet (I'm between 32 and 34 and usually the bigger size works out if I have to guess). I did send them back because they were too baggy and a size smaller would look more fashionable. Unfortunately its been a few weeks and i haven't gotten word that they've processed my return. I emailed last week and got a prompt response but nothing yet, so I just emailed another time to see.
    I was really hoping to wear them while on a horsey trip this weekend, but didn't realize exchanges took so long. But the quality of the breeches felt really good- they were thick enough to feel substantial, but had enough stretch to seem like they'd be comfortable in the saddle. I just got the knee patch version and they are also subtle enough that they don't scream 'riding pants' (when the weather turns, i just change into my Dublin boots and wear them and riding clothes when running errands).
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)