The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Loving Le Rouge!

He's not used very much but maybe he should be. Le Rouge seems to be a stallion who puts super paces and a fabulous temperament on his offspring.

I've got a 6yo from his first crop. She has been a delight from the start. She was graded Elite at the Futurity age 3 (Elite means potential future international horse) and best 3yo dressage horse in the UK. She graded Premium Mare with the Trakehner Verband. She's schooling Advanced+, has her tempis down to 3x, throws 1 times at me quite frequently so I don't think they are going to be a problem. Sideways is very easy. Passage is enormous and she's started working on her pirouettes and piaffe.

We recently started competing. In 3 outings she's got 5 wins and 1 second place. Each time out she gets better and scores higher. Today she got 71.8% at Elementary (2nd level) and 65.8% at Medium (low 3rd level) with lots of improvement to come.

Since I'm only an amateur rider (but in the UK because I've competed to PSG in the past I have to compete against the professionals) it may be more interesting for people to hear that Lynne Crowden, Farouche's breeder, has only ever bred one pure bred Trakehner foal. Which stallion did she choose? Its Le Rouge.

All the Le Rouge's I've met have looked like mini-mes of my mare. He really stamps his stock. And they have a lovely, friendly, kind temperament. My mare only gets ridden 3 times a week but she never forgets anything she's been taught and she tries her heart out. She can have a week or more off work and she doesn't hot up yet she's got all the ability to get to GP. She does have a super damline too but having seen more and more Le Rouge babies I think a lot of what makes her special comes from her sire.

Second that!!

Such a nice mare stolensilver.

And here is Le Rouge second generation, 2yr old colt out of full TB dam, one day in from his first 2 yrs of pasture life :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9m7a1wxGxxk

Wow, Maren!!!
    RIP Adriane, aka Eyesontheground, 6/4/83-9/14/09
    Proudly owned by:
    Veronica II (Vienna Waltz/Woermann)

Fabulous hind leg on that youngster Maren! Iskander looks like he's as good a sire as his dad.