The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

No, you're neglected

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    I know off-topic to this thread, but funny nonetheless re: cats & bathrooms.

As a confirmed lifelong arachnophobic, imagine my horror to find a HUGE hairy spider sequestered beneath the toilet seat in our upstairs bathroom one morning last year. Even more horrific because I'd visited said bathroom in the middle of the night without turning on the light, so most likely my "friend" had been there at that time. I shudder even now.

After much hyperventilation, I managed to slaughter the beast, but it took me many hours to use that bathroom again. This is a small bathroom tucked into the weird configuration of the upstairs of our somewhat modern home, so has a partially rather low slanted ceiling in the toilet area.

So I go in to use the - uh - "facilities", & suddenly I feel the lightest little whiskery brush against my bare leg. Since I'd just killed that huge stupid spider, & even though I knew he was smushed & gone, I jumped up off my "seat" like a rocket, konked my head on the ceiling nearly knocking myself unconscious, & screamed so loud I woke up all the dogs who started barking like crazy things, only to see "Gizmo" the cat sitting next to me with that stupid "I love you" look on his face.

My husband claims that they're all in cahoots with him to at some point make him a merry widower.
    I will NEVER be able to use a bathroom again without inspecting the toilet carefully before sitting. That dates back to when I worked at a camp as a teenager. I was going around the cabins cleaning as usual after the current gaggle of kids left one Friday. Went into a bathroom to use it, sat down, and something cold, wet, and slimy jumped up and brushed my backside. I think I erupted off that toilet like a bottle rocket. There was a big frog sitting in the toilet as if it were his private pond. Too big to be flushable. He either jumped in, or a departing kid thought it was a cute prank. Girls' cabin, though, not boys', which diminished the prank possibility a little.

To this day, I always hold inspection first in adequate light. And yes, I have a feline honor guard.

OMG I would have had a massive coronary if a frog jumped against my hiney after I sat on the toilet!!!!! I mean really, how many Scy Fy movies are out there where things come out of the toilet?

Bacardi, I'd have jumped too

If I drink anything after 9pm, it's nearly inevitable I'll have to get up to 'go" in the middle of the night. Happens a lot, even though I know

One night I was up, sat down, and then something VERY furry lightly settled on my feet. I tried very hard not to let out a little screech. Our part MC kitty Bailey had come in, not making a single sound, and laid down on my feet. It has since become her "thing" - I get up to go, she comes from wherever and keeps my feet warm.