The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 30 of 224 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Serious NJ? I contacted the poster. Mystery solved

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Reproduction View Post
    Is she using good CLEAN (better word? <grin>) technique? Relevant - especially if you're breeding to Romantic Star and she just used the same AV on Redwine.

A lot of people have been discussing this privately...and some are scared. I'm thinking it's better to squash any myths and rumors immediately. Let me know if this is not the appropriate place for this question & answer. But like others, I don't know all of the ins and outs of EVA. "If" proper techniques, aseptic protocols, cleanliness or whatever you want to call it has not been properly followed after collecting a stallion who is EVA positive, are there any possible problems that can arise when then going ahead and collecting another stallion after who is not EVA positive?
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Quote Originally Posted by NJRider View Post
    That Dreamhorse ad is suddenly GONE! The mystery continues....
    The Dreamhorse ad person commented on the Facebook page, so I think that mystery is solved.

I missed something?
    Clancy 17hh chestnut Dutch WB, '99. Owned and loved since '04 and still goin'!

I contacted her (no, I am NOT JB, but I do have many horror stories) and it is the woman from the infamous Tye Dye Equines looking for the mare. The people in MO need to be warned!

Signature on email is as follows:

Karlin Ekberg
    B.S. Animal Science
    karlin.ekberg@gmail.com
    Cell: ***.***.****
    www.tyedyeequines.com

Yes and no. All that debris, dirt, dust, etc., creates the very real possibility of introducing pathogens to the ejaculate. If she's not processing the semen correctly, you as a mare owner, stand the very real possibility of introducing those pathogens to your mare. Let's look at it this way. Would you prepare dinner in that environment? If not, why not? And if you're comfortable preparing it in that type of environment, please don't invite me over for dinner .
    I don't think I'd even feel comfortable prepping slides for a fecal flotation in that environment, nevermind semen or dinner
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGilly View Post
    A USEF registration is fine by me. Most of the hunters I've bought, trained, competed, and sold don't even have sires and dams on file anywhere. Sure, for a breeding program it's obviously important, but go ask any big time hunter trainer if they care about registration papers and I bet the answer is no.
    Has it somehow slipped your mind that you are on the Breeders forum??

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    A lot of people have been discussing this privately...and some are scared. I'm thinking it's better to squash any myths and rumors immediately. Let me know if this is not the appropriate place for this question & answer. But like others, I don't know all of the ins and outs of EVA. "If" proper techniques, aseptic protocols, cleanliness or whatever you want to call it has not been properly followed after collecting a stallion who is EVA positive, are there any possible problems that can arise when then going ahead and collecting another stallion after who is not EVA positive?
    Most definitely. Kathy (Equine Reproduction) can fill you in on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    why would anyone call you if you have nothing to do with all of this? weird.....
    Because I was accused of being Jill! You must have either got lost in the thread or failed 4th grade reading!

As a complete outsider, this is riveting. I have not been able too look away!

Wait wait.... How is tye dye involved??? This is getting confusing!

If she wronged you personally and you have factual evidence, then SUE HER. Otherwise, you could be setting yourself up for a serious defamation of character law suit, and yes, my father is an attorney, so I do know what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

My points exactly Ladygilley! Especially the posters that have replied by saying " after I've read all these posts, I've decided not to breed to any GFF studs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    Careful...
    the cell phone number you provided on your post is in the Sacramento area. According to MapQuest, your area code (and phone number) are less than 100 miles from Petaluma.
    Careful for what? I live east of sacramento and it's a cell number so what's your point? The FBI coming out again? Damn, you guys got me again!!!

If Jill pursues some kind of lawsuit, won't she have to show up in court? That would be a perfect time for her to be nabbed for that arrest warrant.

I'm guessing that shark week has contributed to the feeding frenzy going on here. So what I've learned on this forum is that dealing with one woman is completely different than a herd of them hell bent for blood! Being male, I tend to deal with logic, you guys are 100% emotion, I accept that as I don't have a choice.

My question in regards to the "Lab" is this: I don't see anyone "processing" in the "Lab", all I see is a bunch of Lab supplies. Were the supplies put there during the move? I don't know but what I do know is that all of you that have issues with Jill, or, have friends that have issues with them saw a "Lab" because that's what you wanted to see and by God the SIL said it was! There it is, we have the evidence and it has to be true because it's on the Internet!

What I think is important here is to use just a shred of logic in processing the info. Some of you just want to jump on the bandwagon for some reason. Again, if you have a problem or complaint, use the proper channels to rectify it and then post your judgements or settlements for all to see. It would certainly add more credence to claims other than what we have going on here.

Someone asked why I had been there six times, easy one! Because I was with a women! You know, you guys go shopping for 8 hours and don't buy anything whereas we can get ours done in 15 minutes! Too many of you read way too much in these posts and are so focused on finding something wrong that you will find it regardless if it's true or has a sliver of truth.

[edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: response to deleted post

Eagle, can you explain why you are so vigorously defending someone you know only through a passing and indirect acquaintance?

Can you address the fraud complaints against Jill, the judgments against her for non-payment, the many people who have been promised breeding certificates, breedings, and credit toward payment for young stock that never happened? Why would you continue to defend - publicly, by providing your name and phone number - a person who is the repeated subject of such legitimate and documented complaints.

See, I am being logical here and my logic fails to grasp the motive of someone so disconnected from a situation as you who nevertheless insists on playing the white knight to Jill Burnell.

I am sincerely curious
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

Default EXACTLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Ok, but if no one is breeding to Gray Fox Farm stallions because they have been forewarned of her criminal behavior and deceptive business practices it wouldn't really matter if his semen was radioactive as no one but her would be coming in contact with it. I can't fathom someone reading any of these countless threads and saying to themselves that they don't care, they are going to breed to him anyway because she wouldn't ever screw them over then seeing the pictures of the filth and changing their mind. They should have ran the other way after the first thread.

^^this!! EXACTLY!! I said previously I was wanting to breed to him, I was warned off with a different thread, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I really think a few people who have been ripped off should find one of those personal injury lawyers in her jurisdiction, and file a class action lawsuit, if that's a possibility, I know I'm naive and uninformed in the legal ways, but THERE HAS GOT TO BE some avenue of relief-- somehow, somewhere!

I say again! I'm SO grateful I avoided that bullet!!

Quote Originally Posted by gabby.gator View Post
    ^^this!! EXACTLY!! I said previously I was wanting to breed to him, I was warned off with a different thread, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I really think a few people who have been ripped off should find one of those personal injury lawyers in her jurisdiction, and file a class action lawsuit, if that's a possibility, I know I'm naive and uninformed in the legal ways, but THERE HAS GOT TO BE some avenue of relief-- somehow, somewhere!

I say again! I'm SO grateful I avoided that bullet!!
    This wouldn't be grounds for a personal injury suit, it would be grounds for a breach of contract suit or deceptive trade practices suit. While it would appear that a number of people have grounds to sue Jill, it isn't a quick or cheap process.

How do I know this? Because I sued a contractor for shoddy workmanship and it took over two years and thousands of dollars to finally reach court. Since Jill apparently has several upaid judgements and liens against her, even if you were to win a lawsuit there is no guarantee that you'll be paid.

Contacting the California AG's office and filing a complaint might result in some action, but remember that state regulators are frequently slow to act given their workload.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle74 View Post
    My question in regards to the "Lab" is this: I don't see anyone "processing" in the "Lab", all I see is a bunch of Lab supplies. Were the supplies put there during the move? I don't know but what I do know is that all of you that have issues with Jill, or, have friends that have issues with them saw a "Lab" because that's what you wanted to see and by God the SIL said it was! There it is, we have the evidence and it has to be true because it's on the Internet!
    And I'm tellin' ya, YES! That "is" her "lab" and YES! We have witnessed her processing semen there. Not hearsay. Not speculation.

[edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry
    EVA is spread from a shedding stallion through secondary sex glands secretions. If she doesn't wipe down the processing area between collections, doesn't change out the AV liner properly, doesn't wipe down the AV between stallions, doesn't wash her hands between stallions, etc, then yes...there is definitely the potential of cross contamination. Honestly, while I definitely feel for everyone that has lost money and/or horses to this woman, it scares the living tar out of me her cavalier attitude with regards to the disease and her PUBLIC claims using Dr. Timoney's name to bolster her claims. And yeah Eagle...that's fact. Many here have followed the threads on another bulletin board where she made the claim that Redwine had a mild case of EVA and that Dr. Timoney was "told her" he would eventually clear the disease. Like you, Mike, I don't like innuendos and unverified claim and as we spent several months working with Dr. Timoney on an article on EVA, I contacted the man for verification. His EXACT quote is:

"On the matter of the quotes attributed to me by a particular breeder who has an "EVA shedding stallion" in her care, I can categorically refute ever stating to her that "there is a really good chance my stallion will clear the virus and be negative at some point." It is very possible that in conversation with this individual, I would have advised regular re-checking semen of the stallion for evidence of continued persistence of the virus and that there is the chance that the animal may spontaneously clear the virus from its reproductive tract at some point. Furthermore, the quote "Dr. Timoney thinks he has an extremely mild form of the virus" is not what I would have stated under any circumstances. Clearly, this person would appear to be intent on downplaying the significance of the carrier state in her stallion. Every effort should be made to correct any misinformation such as the foregoing in situations where particular breeders are mindless of the potential consequences of what they say or post. On the matter of vaccinating seronegative mares prior to breeding with infective semen, there should be no question over the value of this precautionary measure. That point needs to be emphasized and re-emphasized for those less well informed about the possible consequences of infection with EAV."

It scares the SNOT out of me some of the misinformation with regards to EVA that she attempts to perpetuate. I don't think mare owners appreciate just how bad things can go and the ramifications it has not only on our own breeding animals, but with regards to our export status of semen AND horses to Canada! We have repeatedly been contacted by mare owners who have concerns about her recommendation of NOT vaccinating their mares prior to breeding them. The potential for disaster is incredible. For example, if your mare suddenly colics, are you going to disclose the vet clinic that you plan on taking her to for colic surgery that she has recently been bred to an EVA positive stallion? What about the neighbor's gelding that came over to visit during the night and the owner has a big show planned for him in a week? You going to explain to him that he'll just have to forfeit all his show fees and prep costs? EVA is actually a respiratory disease that can be transmitted through aerosol transmissions. It can also be transmitted through sexual transmission from stallions that are carriers of the disease - Redwine is a carrier. Think back to the 2006 outbreak of EVA in the Quarter Horse industry: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/nahss/e...tate_USAHA.pdf

And FWIW, I don't see Eagle/Mike defending Jill/Grayfox so much as attempting to just have posters here stick to the facts. I appreciate what he is trying to do/say. Don't crucify him for attempting to get people to stick to the facts .
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: reference to deleted comment
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

Many here have followed the threads on another bulletin board where she made the claim that Redwine had a mild case of EVA and that Dr. Timoney was "told her" he would eventually clear the disease.
    Mike, since you want facts, these are words right out of Jill Burnell's mouth on the forum EquineReproduction is referring to - just so you understand that she IS sticking to the facts. As a non-horse person, no one expects you to understand what EVA, but these statements are scary on a public bulletin board that the world reads and may take as fact.

On this page, see post #54 and post #55.
    http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com...-429479-6.html

(photo of the posts added as I don't know if linking to another forum is allowed)

Edited to add that, while EquineReproduction would never tell you, her and her husband are among some of the leading experts in the field of Equine Reproduction. So it's not just blow Joe walking off the street who breeds one mare a year and has an opinion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	36461  
    Last edited by Daventry; Aug. 22, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com