The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

I know that there are a lot of you out there, but I am not sure who you all are. So, here is your chance to sound off and all post in one place. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My horses, my husband and I are in Hagerstown, MD (land of rocks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] )

[This message was edited by cfc on Feb. 04, 2002 at 11:11 AM.]

I know that there are a lot of you out there, but I am not sure who you all are. So, here is your chance to sound off and all post in one place. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My horses, my husband and I are in Hagerstown, MD (land of rocks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] )

[This message was edited by cfc on Feb. 04, 2002 at 11:11 AM.]

I am MargaretF and I keep my horse, Phyllis (Twilight)at Merrymount Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, MD.

I ride with Catherine Farley, and Kenny Krome when Catherine can't come to shows.

Moesha is my dear friend and show buddy, even though he is mean to me sometimes and makes fun of me, just because I am a lowly adult jumper rider and not as cool as he is, now that he is an amateur owner jumper rider and thinks he's all that.

"What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?"

My horses are in Clifton.

I ride with anyone who will let me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

ETBW, I am orginially from Woodbridge however I have moved out to Winchester for college. I do sort of miss my hometown though. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I live in Winchester (for school) but ride at my instuctor's place which is between Winchester and Leesburg.

"The Assyrian program of exterminating various ethnic groups generally failed to promote cultural diversity."-- Non Campus Mentis
    Hanlon's Razor

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I live in Amissville, a la my profile, and keep my three wild beasts at my house.

***There's no place like first place.***
    **Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.**

I'm in Great Falls, VA. My horses live down the road from me. I'm on winter hiatus with riding, and I'm in search of a new eventing instructor.

I live between Charles Town, WV and Berryville, VA.

Keep 4 beasts at home on my farm, have recently started taking lessons at Brandenburg Farm, which I am truly enjoying and learning tons!

I live on the Eastern Shore of MD, have a OTTB that I keep at a small barn nearby.

Davidsonville, MD (outside of Annapolis), and the 5 nags live at home.

Hey Margaret, the first riding lessons I ever took were at Merrymount. I was 7 years old, and the place was almost new. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] You can figure out for yourself how long ago that was.

Ah, fond memories of getting tossed over the head of a school horse, onto my young noggin, on the pavement on Tippett Road (trail ride!)

I'm Cris, from Germantown. My horse lives at Spring Fever Farm in Mt. Airy, which is conveniently close to Days End Farm, where I do my rescue work. I train with Nancy Cross, wallet and horse willing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Proud adopter of Win
    http://www.defhr.org
    Days End Farm Horse Rescue
    Protection for Horses - Education for People

I reside in Chantilly, VA - in Fairfax Cty. My pony lives in Centreville, VA behind South Riding. Although I am in Clemson as we speak my heart is in VA!!!! I will be back at least for a little while after I graduate in May.
    - - - - - -
    \"I found my inner bitch and ran with her.\" ~ Courtney Love

We're in Monkton, which is in the northern part of MD. If you pass our exit you go over the Penn state line [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] It's a very horsey little area, Jack Stedding has some stalls at my trainer's barn, as well as across the street, so we have a great time in our ring most days. Also, the hunt meets right down the road, and anyone who rides can be found at the Manor Tavern, which is a blessed two miles away [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

C. Boylen I remember the Manor Tavern quite well from my brief days at Oldfields School, back about 1,000 years ago! You don't by chance know Laurel Mullen, do you? I have her old horse.

hey you nags -- the horse wasn't King, was it? If so, he's still at Merrymount! They have a couple left over from the old days.

"What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?"

I'm in pastural Croom MD, 17 miles from the Capitol. The horsies live in my back (and front) yard.

I grew up in Harford County and used to board at Olney Farm in Joppa

BGoosewood in Goosewood and therefore TweedleDEE

http://hometown.aol.com/bgoosewood/index.html
    The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. Oscar Wilde

I live in Reisterstown, and my horse lives up in Westminster.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -- Lily Tomlin

I live in Nokesville (SW of Manassas) and my (4) horses (Spy, Music, Belle, Brain) live there too.
    My instructors include Stephanie Millham, Gegi Winslett, Pam Simoneau, and Barbara Lawrence (dressage, jumpers, hunters, eventing respectively).
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I live about 5 minutes from VTrider, just west of Richmond. Gramento and Mini (my daughter's pony) live in Manakin-Sabot - about 15 minutes from my home. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

I live in DC and currently have my (lame-boohoo)mare in town at the Park stables. But we are looking for a new home for the mare. MagaretF has given me some barn ideas so wish me luck
    Marit

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MargaretF:
    C. Boylen I remember the Manor Tavern quite well from my brief days at Oldfields School, back about 1,000 years ago! You don't by chance know Laurel Mullen, do you? I have her old horse.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember Laurel Mullen as a junior, but I haven't seen her in a long time.