The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Was her "Gator" a big chestnut with a blaze? Did he belong to CF at one time or I amthinking of the wrong horse?
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

If I remember correctly, Gator, or The Navigator was a bay. I'ts been a while though. CF did find Gator for Janet to buy, but I'm not sure of any previous connection. I do know that he had been around the CD for a long time before Janet owned him.

Gator was black, I thought, and I thought - I could be wrong - that he was at SRF for a long time. So finding him was just a matter of calling BG, I think.

I'm thinking of a different horse.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

I think I remember a horse named The Navigator...the one I'm thinking of was bay with a white stripe on his face...I'm pretty sure he was with BG when I knew him...but, of course, I could absolutely be thinking of the wrong horse. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The Navagator (Gator) was a dark bay with white on his face..he was really really a crooked horse and moved like a...sewing machine..BUT he had a heart of GOLD and was a great horse who gave his best 110% of the time. Sarah ??? (Help!!) owned him at SRF, tjhen when she went to school another Sara bought him (an adult) and then I guess he went to SCS...

I DO remember Holly too! Everyone would just die to ride Mountaineer....there was a girl named something(Debbie??) Albright that rode him alot in our lesson..she had a long long braid down her back...then there was Downing Street, Cloudy Afternoon....wow..so many blasts from the past!

Betsy
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Sara Ten Eyck (or something like that)

We used to take lessons together - her on Gator, me on Cooper. Dear God, Gator did indeed have a heart of gold (as did Cooper).

Betsy, go check your e-mail!

named after me, has turned into more of a nastolgic moment!!!lol

Silly Mommy, it is a way for all of us to share the love. . . .

can i bum a smoke?

"sharing the love", but hubby might get jealous!!!!! I don't smoke any more thank you!!!!

I'll share some love.

Can I bum a smoke?
    That would be backwards

*Tiggs118* Guest

You know what everyone!! I think you should stop and look at what you are writing about the CDHJC, because you were once in it yourseleves. Right now it is just in a between period, there are going to be a lot of amazing riders really soon. You are just older peep who move on, this is called a younger generation that you don't seem to watch. But there are many good trainers, but some people think there aren't. But it isn't really nice to say how poor all the trainers are because people get hurt and are offend by your rude remarks. I train with a fabulous stable, and my friend Jill does as well. I learn a ton at Skiddy training w/CF. You need to get pass the diappointments you had and actually encourage positive notes to the new comers in the Capital District, not say how horrible it is, that is what will discourage people and make them feel bad about themselves who read the boards. Lots of A shows are expensive for some people out there, but lots of people love to ride in local shows for the excitement and learning. Actually I enjoy where I am and I think giving a Novice hunter award is a great way to boost some child/adult self-esteem.
    By the way the CDHJC does have jumper shows!

Oh my gosh, the memories. Wasn't it June Ten Eyck (however the heck you spell that) that had him? Obviously the same family...were there two daughters or was Sara the mother?

I would love to hear about what happened to all the people I used to ride with/compete against...this is fun! Do you think we can compete with the Californians in terms of reminiscing? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I never said the CDHJC was horrible, and I don't think anyones else has either. There are a very few trainers there that know what they are doing--yours is one of them. We (those of us who are disenchanted with the system there) just see too many people being "taken" by people who call themselves "trainers". The "system" also has flaws (as does any), but some "trainers" with leverage keep the whole "system" down. That's all...

Sara Blowers had gator at SRF, then Sara (the adult)then SCS.

Betsy

*Tiggs118* Guest

Ok.. well the way you talked about the CDHJC and some others, made it seem like a whole worthless opportunity to get experienced. But besides that I dotn' think you should write any negative notes on boards because people (trainers and there students) could be looking at the remarks and be hurt by them. That wouldn't be very approiate to say.

Tigg there should be a beginner award ...for BEGINNERS..like short stirrup ..but for the "novice" that is a perpetual novice rider (one in particular three or four YEARS in a row) is rediculous. Novice by definition is never to have won three blue ribbons at a recognized competition..three wins..OUT...fivethousandmillion seconds and fourths= CHAMPION! that's somethiing to be proud of!

Betsy

I still like the Novice Hunter Idea. I did it for a year and a half!!! The blue ribbon thing goes for the eq. only so u can win as many as u want in the hunters and still be okay for it. Also...the horse that has won that award the past two years has had numerous champions and reserves(not a few ribbons as u expalin it)and many points by the end of the year. And no this horse didn't get all his points from backyard shows, he was champion and reserve champion at St.Clements

Whatever..anyone who shows in Novice after they win 3 classes is cheating themselves and the others who are really novices and should be getting the ribbons. Do what you want but I think it is wrong. A perpetual novice is nothing to be proud of champion or not...ps there were 3 people in the novice at St Clements last year...that's a tough one to win.

Betsy

Oh and you really should read the rule book..novice applies to all divisions not just eq...I didn't just fall off the turnip truck I have been doing this for a while.

Betsy