The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Just a heads up guys that Zulan's info on the Facebook stage is still bringing up an error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Amryln3 View Post
    I've had my eye on one of these flf but haven't found the time to make the trek up there yet and if I have the horse vetted, that's two treks. How many people go up with their trailers and not get their new horses vetted?

That said, I am determined to find my next Ottb soon )
    Amryln,

I bought my horse sight-unseen... all the way from FL (the state, not the Finger Lakes area ). Not saying that you should do this, but you may be able to consolidate the trips into one with the help of some of the volunteers - maybe coordinate on a day a vet is already at the track for another PPE and wouldn't mind doing a second one. I had neither - I watched all his race replays (he ran every 7-14 days) and talked with the trainer/owner (very forthcoming and truthful), especially about the 2 times my FLF was scratched. I have been around the block though, so I know what to ask and can read between the lines.

It will all depend on what your goals are for you and your OTTB - if you are looking to compete at the upper levels of your chosen discipline then I wouldn't skip a visit and PPE, but if you are looking at something for the lower/mid-levels, you may be able to condense the process.

FF

PS - Dec 11 marks our 3rd anniversary (Cuervo's & mine) <3 <3 <3

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    The one time we let a trainer have a vote it wasn't a good fit for anything but her wallet.)
    AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement! The wheels are in motion...
    Last edited by Amryln3; Nov. 23, 2012 at 09:07 PM.

Keep those wheels in motion Amryln, you won't be disappointed.

My search goes on.... Wayside Park has been picked up by his owners and gone to a young girl for a pet, I'm told.

Waiting anxiously for the newbies to upload...

Wayside Park was in his stall yesterday....maybe he left this morning.

Heads up to everyone that we have another bunch of beauties for you to feast your eyes on. It was a very successful and productive day on the backside. We were able to meet horses that are new to us and visit some that have been part of the Finest family for quite a while.

The volunteers who make this website happen have an emotional attachment to the horses they interview and photograph and, as the year winds down, we become more anxious that all of the wonderful horses we have met will be going home with you sooner rather than later. To that end, the volunteers are poised to help you visit the track, arrange shipping and generally do whatever it takes to put a Finest in your barn.

We have one horse who is looking for a ride to the Charlestown Racetrack area. Anybody coming up to the track from that area with a rig in tow?

This latest crop of horses doesn't have a stinker in the bunch! If you're not an eventer but looking for a quiet, loveable trail horse to pamper, we've got several of those too. Feast your eyes and then pick up the phone!

This latest crop or horses hasn't a stinker in the bunch. Some of them might be

Quote Originally Posted by Amryln3 View Post
    My search goes on.... Wayside Park has been picked up by his owners and gone to a young girl for a pet, I'm told.

Waiting anxiously for the newbies to upload...
    I think you should look at Tindaro's Prospect. First,, because I think my computer is going to be permanently stuck on his page if I pull it up one more time, but mostly because he's looks like an athletic guy who is an attractive mover. I watched all his races to see how he jogged and cantered out. . .lovely!

Thanks for that plug Tux. I agree with you. Amrylyn, there are SO MANY nice horses for you to choose from. But you have to strike while the iron's hot!

I know the color is going to change, but I want this one... http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/teahuppo/ The price is ridiculous though, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
    I know the color is going to change, but I want this one... http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/teahuppo/ The price is ridiculous though, no?
    He's a handsome boy! I believe his price was set as his purse size because he was winning...never hurts to make an offer if he's not running as well anymore

Whew - a marathon uploading session. I can't complain because my hours with OTTB's were spent indoors in my sweatpants. I am pretty sure one of our volunteers is a storm magnet.

There are twelve new horses to look at in a variety of price ranges. Some of the names are fantastic. Its a varied group, but again, so nice. The hardest part would be narrowing the list down. I remember printing my "top ten" horses' listings off two years ago and sitting with them in a circle around me trying to decide. Of course, Ries wasn't even on my final list because I thought he was back at the home farm. Oh well, the window shopping was fun.

Videos are up as well from some of last week's listings.

In all seriousness, there are three weeks until the stable area closes and many of the horses need to find homes before that. So if you have been hemming and hawing, its time to get moving. I was a late November shopper myself and it made for a very nice winter to have a project.
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
    fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

Storm magnet here! It certainly does seem like every time I have gone to the track this fall, it gets rainy and windy! Yesterday, it got so dark that my flash was going off for some of the photograph sessions, giving the horses a wild eyed look that is not their true nature-- but at least it wasn't snowing yet. A couple of weeks ago when I got to photograph horses in the sun, I was besides myself.
    I agree with foundationmare -- we saw a really fine group of horses yesterday, on top of another fine group last weekend, and the one before that. At our rate of listing at least a dozen a week it is getting exhausting, and I don't want any of the horses to get lost in the herd. So please go through all the available horses listings -- there are many gems waiting for homes.
    Of yesterday's group, there are some stunning show hunter or dressage or eventing prospects that are seriously nice horses but are really, really negotiable because they simply have to move within three weeks. They will be the bargains of season, if not many seasons. Jabez and her stablemate My Milenium Breeze really caught my fancy.
    And then there are two adorable, very sweet and quiet and cute and nice moving stallions -- who just need someone to take them and remove their jewelry and they will be terrific horses. I would hate to think their entact status may doom them, so please step up: Mr. Magenta and Maggie's Prince.
    And a gorgeous very fancy gray mare: Letthestoriesbtold; a stunning big chestnut gelding, with chrome, a great personality, and lovely movement: Love and Havoc.
    And the most handsome, classy full brothers: New York Style and Empire Express, much loved homebreds. NYS is looking for a light riding home, and EE is looking for a top level eventer or serious H/J rider to bring out his potential.
    And then the stunning almost black horse with breathtaking movement to make all of you who lost out on Runnin Bayou forget about him: You Jump I Jump -- has already learned to jump!
    It was our own version of "Black Friday" -- great gifts, bargains, luxury goods -- a shoppers paradise! Come to the horse mall with us!
    Last edited by buffalo colleen; Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

Ok. So let's see if I can get somewhere with My Millennium Breeze! Trying not to be 'a day late and a dollar short' with this horse

Default Amryln

Call now!! I liked all of the horses from this barn and Buffallo Colleen, who has a well seasoned eye, saw incredible potential in her.

Barbara Rules is also available, same trainer as My Millennium Breeze. Here is one picture of Barbara, conformation shots coming soon. https://www.facebook.com/SecondChanceTBs?ref=hl

I hadn't bothered to watch You Jump, I Jump's video because of his price. But I gave in and Ohhh, he is so incredibly handsome!! He is going to make someone, with a bigger budget than mine, very happy

Oh, man, I WANT You Jump, I Jump.
    Never mind that I'm on the west coast, and I don't need another horse.
    He has a face and a build like my (seal brown) OTTB gelding, I looked at his pedigree and the Storm cat and Fappiano are there also in my horse's pedigree.
    If they matched personality wise, I'd be in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercody View Post
    Barbara Rules is also available, same trainer as My Millennium Breeze. Here is one picture of Barbara, conformation shots coming soon. https://www.facebook.com/SecondChanceTBs?ref=hl
    Her name is Barbarules. As soon as we get your photographs we will get her up on the website and on the Finger Lakes Finest FB page. Very nice mare, needs to find a home by the end of the meet. Jamie Boldt is the contact person -- her number is listed under the entries for Jabez, My Milenium Breeze, and Mr. Magenta. All of Jamie's listed horses are very nice quality horses available for unbelievable bargain prices just because they cannot overwinter them. This will be some lucky peoples' great bargain opportunity!
    Find us on Facebook:

Quote Originally Posted by Fillabeana View Post
    Oh, man, I WANT You Jump, I Jump.
    Never mind that I'm on the west coast, and I don't need another horse.
    He has a face and a build like my (seal brown) OTTB gelding, I looked at his pedigree and the Storm cat and Fappiano are there also in my horse's pedigree.
    If they matched personality wise, I'd be in heaven.
    He is one of he most spectacular horses we have listed, hands down! His personality is big pet, but very willing to try whatever you want. He has ponied racehorses, gone on western trail rides, and started over cross-rails in an english jumping saddle. Because the trainers' daughter loves him so much and has made him her special pet, the price is pretty firm.
    It was funny -- when taking his listing, I asked the price and she said "Five." I said, with an incredulous tone, "Do you mean five hundred?" (Remember, we had been hearing 500 all morning!) If she had said yes, I was going to run to the nearest ATM! When she said "No, five thousand," I thought that's more like it for a horse of this quality, looks, and movement. For someone looking for a forever superstar and not a resale project, that is truly a fair price for this horse in my opinion.
    Find us on Facebook: