The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Anyone know how to get tickets to the 2012 World Dressage Masters Palm Beach

Just found out Totilas, Salinero and Ravel will be head to head. I would love to get tickets to this event but I honestly don't know where to find them!

http://www.eurodressage.com/equestri...ers-palm-beach

http://www.internationalpoloclub.com...ub-palm-beach/

I clicked on the "purchase tickets" link and it doesn't look like tickets for the WDM are available yet.
    In order to think outside the box, one must first know what is in the box.

can't wait for WDM! its my birthday weekend

I know what I want for my Christmas present!

If you are able, I would suggest volunteering to scribe at the show. In general a good experience and also gets you in and able to watch when you are not working. (Of course, don't volunteer for that if you have no experience..it's not the kind of thing you can bs through)

ooh, have been planning to visit my sister who lives in SoBe this winter and wanted to coordinate it around one of the big FL shows, how perfect! Will be keeping watch on this thread in hopes that I can afford to buy general admission tickets.

does anyone know, are general admission tickets for the day or the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by PaintedPinto View Post
    If you are able, I would suggest volunteering to scribe at the show. In general a good experience and also gets you in and able to watch when you are not working. (Of course, don't volunteer for that if you have no experience..it's not the kind of thing you can bs through)
    Who would you suggest contacting about volunteering?

I scribed at a lot of CDIs on the west coast but had the impression that there are lots of very experienced scribes in Wellington and not much need for new folks. I'd love to get more involved ... look forward to good advice!
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

Quote Originally Posted by AllWeatherGal View Post

I scribed at a lot of CDIs on the west coast but had the impression that there are lots of very experienced scribes in Wellington and not much need for new folks. I'd love to get more involved ... look forward to good advice!

Hey, me too, and wondering the same thing! I've scribed at Devon and Gladstone on the east coast and then CDI's in CA. Found myself wanting to fly to FL to spectate or volunteer, or both!

My mom and I are thinking about going down for this as it would be a really nice break from the PNW winter I see tickets for something on the 29th but no other dates. Anyone know when tickets will go on sale?

How much do tickets to something like this generally cost?

Tickets last year were around $150 which included dinner. This year I hear they are expanding the general admission area, which means there will be 'normal' priced tickets...LOL.

I believe they will go on sale in the next couple of weeks. Be on the look out on Dressage News - Florida. The link will appear there, I'm sure! I can't WAIT!

Anyone know if Heather Blitz and Paragon might try for this one?
    Heather
    Green Cove Springs, FL

Default WDM

Horse and rider combinations have to be invited to compete at the Masters.

However, there is a CDI*** going on at the same time, which I am sure Heather will be competing in.

Well, hoping they have a more reasonably priced general admission area

AllWeatherGal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaintedPinto

I can suggest 2 ways

Contact show manager: Noreen O'Sullivan (I dont feel comfy posting her info,you can look it up easily)

or If you know one of the judges (or scribed for them before and they remember you) contact them . . they like sitting with people they have worked with before and can comfortably joke around with

Quote Originally Posted by PaintedPinto View Post
    I can suggest 2 ways

Contact show manager: Noreen O'Sullivan (I dont feel comfy posting her info,you can look it up easily)

or If you know one of the judges (or scribed for them before and they remember you) contact them . . they like sitting with people they have worked with before and can comfortably joke around with
    Thanks ... I'll drop an email to a couple of judges who might either be judging or know who is (I couldn't find a list of the 2012 panel online).

I called Marie yesterday, but will also reach out to Noreen.

Again, thanks for the direction!

Any idea when the general admission tickets will be available anyone? Or any idea of price?

Last year a limited number of general admission tickets were available at $80. and had to be purchased online and in advance through the polo club link previously listed.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydutch View Post
    Any idea when the general admission tickets will be available anyone? Or any idea of price?
    My advice ... call the polo club and leave a message regarding your interest in tickets. I suspect they're putting together a call list and if it's long enough, the tickets won't even make it to web sales.

Good luck!

does anyone know if the general admission tickets are for the day or if they are for the duration?

Also does anyone know how these events are typically structured? Will all the big names perform on all 4 days? Calling the ticket office tomorrow!

I'll need tickets for the entire event...guess I'll be calling the Polo Club soon!