The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default BUCKSKIN TB......IT's OFFICIAL :)

Just to let you all know Weatherby's (GB's TB stud book) put forward both of my buckskin filly foals case to the International Stud Book Committee meeting last week....AND THEY APPROVED IT!!!

BUCKSKIN is ALLOWED

I'll post the official document when it is available online.

So Electrum was the first correctly registered as Cremello in the World and now his daughters are the first to be correctly registered as Buckskin in the World

Hope it helps those wanting to register their buckskin TB's over your side of the pond now

someone has to get the ball rolling

Well - isnt THAT great news!!! I'll give the JC over here a call this week and see if they are aware of this, but having said that, they still wont recognize cremello over here - we have to be happy with palomino and my Pearlescent mare (perlino) has a choice of white or palomino - they wont even allow bay for her ...

I DID get "black" for my smoky black mare so THAT was a step in the right direction with her!

You need to contact your USJC and tell them you know the ISBC have approved and can they correct your horses colour.

There is a buckskin TB mare at my friend's farm and on the breeder's website it said she was the first offical TB registered as a buckskin.

She is gorgeous by the way.
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

Just emailing Rick Bailey at the JC now - he wasnt available to speak with. Will let you know what he comes back with!

Here in German we get all the colors that are right too. It is very easy here, with each horse or foal I am getting the paperwork, I get a DNA test paper for the DNA sire and dam and a separate one for the color test, once this is back at the German JC, the right color or pattern is put into the papers. So we now have Palomino, Cremello, Buckskin (here its called Falbe which is not really correct as it is the DUN but we have only one word for both), then we have Overo and white too. Even Padrama with her roan/grey has got correct WHITE (weiss) in her papers instantly by the German JC. As Leigh says it is a decision of the Internation Convention, all JCs under that umbrella musts follow the same rules.
    Gwendolyn
    http://www.gestuet-falkenhorst.com
    Exceptional colored German WBs, TBs and Arabians

The US JC is something rather "special" when it comes to correctly identifying a horse's color.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

That's not quite correct about Germany..up until now they were only permitted Palomino, Cremello and Painted (Overo) as they were the only colours added to the list of colours allowed by the International Stud Book Committee.

No one individual country can decide to add colours to the list...it has to be authorised by the ISBC.
    An individual country has to put forward the request to adda colour.

In the case of Palomino, Germany put forward the request when Glitter of Gold was exported from the US to Germany (he was registered as Chesnut)

I believe 'I was Framed' was the case put forward for 'Painted' by England but am not certain?

In the case of Cremello, England put forward the request when Electrum was exported from the US to England (he was registered as Palomino and his passort is now overstamped with Cremello)

And now in the case of Buckskin, England put forward the case of my filly foals..Auriane and Xenaura (by Electrum) because they were born in England and I requested their correct colour was listed on their foal registration/passport.
    They have to take DNA colour test as evidence (hairs pulled by a vet and sent to Weatherbys lab in Ireland) and photo's to the meeting.

http://www.weatherbys.net/isbc/ This link shows you the regions that the ISBC covers. Each region is made up of individual countries that have their own Jockey Club/Studbook.
    England and Germany are part of the European and Mediterranean Stud Book Liason Comittee.
    The US and Canada are part of North, Central America and Caribbean Comittee.

Each region can not change or make a new rule without the consent of the ISBC. If the ISBC makes a new rule or change, each region can make the decision whether they include it or not.
    Because England asked to add cremello and buckskin and the ISBC granted them added to the list of colors it meant all the countries in EMSBLC would allow them.
    NCACC can decide whether they want to allow them in their region even though the ISBC has said 'Yes, you can'.

Hope that makes it clearer

The Germans will not use the english words unfortunately, so my passport for the white ones has WEISS in it instead of White. The US JC papers had grey/roan in them. In case of Buckskin it will be FALBE, not Buckskin, although Falbe is in fact the DUN which does not exist in the TB.
    Gwendolyn
    http://www.gestuet-falkenhorst.com
    Exceptional colored German WBs, TBs and Arabians