The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Barn Fire... If I've ever bought/traded tack/apparel with you, PM me. Need list.

If I have ever bought or traded tack/apparel with you on here... please PM me.

We lost everything in a fire, and I am trying to piece together a list for the insurance company.

All of my files were in a file box in my trailer, and one copy in the barn office area as a result, all of my invoices are gone (let that be a lesson to all....).

I know that I bought from a few folks on here and/or traded.

Two leather pads come to mind, but I cannot figure out who they are from.

Basically, please PM me, I am just asking for folks to email me (will provide you my email) what they sold to me, or traded to me, and I am going to try to use the email as "proof" that I owned stuff to the insurance company.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by naters; Aug. 10, 2011 at 02:27 PM.
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

City of delusion in the state of total denial

I know we had e-mailed back and forth about buying/selling various items we each owned, but I don't recall if we followed through on that. If you can PM me with your e-mail address I'll search my inbox and see if I can come up with anything.

My heart goes out to you- best wishes as you rebuild and recover.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Member of both the Southern California and Michigan clique - currently residing in Grand Rapids, MI

Naters! Haven't bought or sold anything from you, but sending a giant virtual hug. Are the pets and people okay?

Same from me Naters...jingles and a big hug. A couple of colleagues at work have lost everything to fires is the last couple of years, and it sucks! Best of luck to you with rebuilding and dealing with the insurance company.

Thanks guys. Lost one beautiful mare. PMing you Renn.
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

I'm so sorry you lost your mare. What a nightmare. In the meantime, what do you need right away? I know I have stuff sitting around not being used that I could send to help you get by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

So sorry for the loss of your mare.
    friend of bar*ka

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you lost a mare. Hugs to you, and hoping that everything works out.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Member of both the Southern California and Michigan clique - currently residing in Grand Rapids, MI

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Naters

I lost my beloved gelding in a barn fire five years ago. I know that gut-wrenching pain, and there are tears running down my face just thinking of you. As time passes, however slowly, love eases the aches. You are not alone... please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Look up into heaven, you'll see them above: the horses we lost, the horses we love.
    <><

We have never traded, but I am very sorry for your many losses. Biggest hugs!

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your mare.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Oh, gosh. I'm so sorry to hear this!

I'm almost certain that we haven't traded, but PM me your email addy just to be sure. In the meantime, many (((((hugs))))) and jingles. And is there anything that you need asap? I'll be glad to see what I can send your way.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Jen - pm'd you my email.

The mare belonged to my best friend, and was the only horse we couldn't get out.

The rest of the horses stayed wide-eyed for a few days and are now living out due to not having a barn anymore (which stinks because they are getting fat fat fat, even with grazing muzzles that were donate). No tack to ride in so we are trying to make a dry lot somewhere to stick my fatty mcfatty in (and I am talking about the horse, not myself, though a dry lot would help me also).

Thanks guys for the PMs.

Still looking for the leather pad person... traded or bought two of them from her... but don't have the record in my PMs.

Naters that might have been me. I know that you tried a Tad Coffin Saddle I had for sale and it had a couple of pads with it. I honestly can't remember if I sold them to you without the saddle or not? I will look in the inventory list and see if I can figure it out for you. I remember that you sent the saddle back to me in a hitchalong ride in a horse trailer, that was you right?
    Suzi-- Tack N' Tow

That was me!! Yay!

I don't know if I bought the pads or if the owner of the saddle didn't want to sell those separately as you mentioned.

Thank you for checking! It would have been a medium thick pad, and the thick pad with wither cut out.

Any luck?

Sorry forgot to look.....I show that they were RTO's (returned to owner), so it wasn't me that you got them from after all. If there is any way I can help though, let me know.
    Suzi-- Tack N' Tow

So sorry.
    There's coffee in that nebula.