The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default FTGH in NC, 9yo 16.1h QH/TB mare

Sensible and sound, nice jumper, okay mover in dressage. Competed Beginner Novice eventing, packed beginner around, can easily go higher or do Show Jumping--has jumped 3'3" courses easily with more advanced riders. She is a little grumpy girthing up and will sometimes run backwards if you hold the reins when you mount--does not do it in a hackamore or if you hold a leadrope looped through her noseband, so something bizarre must have happened to her is all I can guess--she was a rescue so no-one knows for sure!! Great on trails. Has a couple of scars and old splints which do not affect her soundness.

Jennifer

SecondOption Guest

PMd you

Bumping, as I've had a lot of interested parties including two appts to pickup that turned into no-shows! This is a nice mare, very reliable over fences!

Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdCharm View Post
    Sensible and sound, nice jumper, okay mover in dressage. Competed Beginner Novice eventing, packed beginner around, can easily go higher or do Show Jumping--has jumped 3'3" courses easily with more advanced riders. She is a little grumpy girthing up and will sometimes run backwards if you hold the reins when you mount--does not do it in a hackamore or if you hold a leadrope looped through her noseband, so something bizarre must have happened to her is all I can guess--she was a rescue so no-one knows for sure!! Great on trails. Has a couple of scars and old splints which do not affect her soundness.

Jennifer
    How bad is the running backwards?

A few steps under control?

Or like I have seen that will run over anything behind them, even falling down.

CSSJR

Re: running backwards, she really seems freaked out so she must have had some kind of bizarre, really bad experience. After she's used to someone she doesn't do it anymore, but obviously with students and potential buyers she's mostly dealing with 'new' people, so rather off-putting. Much easier to just do a leadrope.

Jennifer

Default QH/TB mare

Hi Jennifer, is this mare still available? I'll send you a message as well... I would definitely be interested in coming to meet her!

-Daina Smith