The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Where do you find the custom dry erase boards?

Looking for the dry erase boards that I have seen in other barns that are customized to that barn...a lot of the ones I have seen have each paddock and barn on them so you can lable turnout etc. and then have a place for farrier, vet, horse shows and whatever else. Is there any particular place that you guys know of?

Staples / Business Depot have lots of them ...

Yeah wasn't sure if the ones I have seen in other barns were purchased and customized by them or if there was someone who actually printed the diagrams of the turnout etc. on there :-)

The Cave of Caerbannog in summer, Castle Aaaargh in winter

If you google custom dry erase boards a number of companies come up--you just give them a file of what you want on there (you can include barn logo too) and they screen print it on the board for you.

I like logical people---they provide a nice contrast to the real world.

I made my own - cut strips of tape to make my stall/barn layout on a regular big dry erase board. It was cheap!

any good decal or screen printing place will be able to make one up for you. You know, the places that make custom signs for business, print sweatshrits and the like? The whiteboard is usually open stock at large lumber stores and its like printing/decalling any other smooth surface.

Buy lots of the markers. I swear they grow legs and take off.
    "The Threat of Internet Ignorance: ... we are witnessing the rise of an age of equestrian disinformation, one where a trusting public can graze on nonsense packaged to look like fact."-LRG-AF

Default WOW ~ WANT ONE !! Thanks for tips ~

WOW ! Who knew ? Thanks for tips ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

If you don't want to make your own (white board and black tape), try www.thetrunkman.com I believe what you are looking for they call a Show Organizer. I am sure they can customize what you want written on the board too. Price warning--it's not cheap (150-200) but I have gotten stuff there that is quite nice & they are nice to work with.

ETA--sorry, thought you wanted a place to list & write things. My bad!
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

You can also make your own by using Sharpie for the parts you don't want to be erased
    RIP Victor... I'll miss you, you big galumph.

Use a permanent marker and let it sit for a day or two.

For Christmas, Mr. eponacelt had the guy who made our farm sign do custom decals for my trailer with our farm name and logo, in addition to pinstriping. He also had him make additional decals for whiteboards for the horse's stalls. So, I would imagine that anyone who can do decals, etc. can do a custom whiteboard for you.

If all you really need to do is map out a barn or paddock layout, I would use electrical tape on a white board.

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Get regular white board. Go to auto supply place and buy auto-striping tape. Apply in desired pattern--grid for daily tasks, layout of barn, etc.

What I would really like is one of the magnetic ones and then little magnetic strips with the horse's names on them so they can be readily re-alphabetized, but magnetic white boards are more expensive.
    The Evil Chem Prof

Thanks for the suggestions! Love that idea about the magnetic board too. Can't wait to get started on this!

Rustoleum makes the dry erase paint (it's called Dry Erase) AND they make a magnetic primer paint, too! It's called Magnetic Primer.

Looks like you could paint the magnetic primer, let it set, then paint the dry erase on top of that and - presto - magnetic dry erase board anywhere you want in your barn!

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Quote Originally Posted by CatOnLap View Post
    any good decal or screen printing place will be able to make one up for you. You know, the places that make custom signs for business, print sweatshrits and the like? The whiteboard is usually open stock at large lumber stores and its like printing/decalling any other smooth surface.

Buy lots of the markers. I swear they grow legs and take off.
    Another tip on the markers is to keep them capped whenever you are not actually touching them to the board. If you keep them uncapped for any length of time, even when you turn around to answer a question, you will seriously shorten their life span.

I recycle mine from school when they have some ink, but not enough to write for very long, by taking them out to the barn.
    The Evil Chem Prof

Quote Originally Posted by SnapCracklePop View Post
    Looking for the dry erase boards that I have seen in other barns that are customized to that barn...a lot of the ones I have seen have each paddock and barn on them so you can lable turnout etc. and then have a place for farrier, vet, horse shows and whatever else. Is there any particular place that you guys know of?
    These people, Incrediline, would be perfect for you. They create customizable white board wall decals that can literally stick onto any flat surface. We have one in our barn, and it's awesome. Check them out http://www.incrediline.com

Default I found mine dry erase board at tack trunks

I tried to make my dry erase board with parts from home depot and not really happy. My friend Betty at the show in WEF suggested that I try this place (http://www.tacktrunks.net/html/stable_boards.html) as they made her a custom horse show organizer where Betty can write in her horses names and feed schedule and another board for the show schedule using a dry erase marker. I will see if this works for me.