The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default I had trouble too!

I ordered a $260 girth from them on Jan 19th and was told it would take 6 weeks to ship. 8 weeks later, I e-mailed them for an update and "Honey" (yes, Honey still works there!) emailed me saying snow had delayed it, 3 weeks later, when I e-mailed again, I was told it shipped, then when I e-mailed again (they never initiate a conversation) they said it was being returned because the shipping label had fallen off, then when asked for a tracking number, they gave me a bogus one. Finally, 13 weeks after I ordered, it arrived. It is really nice, extremely nice! However, I had to get e-bay involved because I was past the 6 week e-bay guarantee on an item. I believe they got involved and then the item arrived. I noticed today I have been blocked from buying on their site, even though I was nice in all of my correspondence. It is a really nice girth but I consider myself lucky it ever arrived. I don't think it would have if e-bay hadn't gotten involved.

I take pride in being a blocked buyer..."Honey" is just nasty....

1 members found this post helpful.

I'd be happy if I were "blocked' from buying from someone who did not give me what I paid for. Did this OP get what she ordered? I've been lucky in buying on ebay and from the UK and France and Germany that the sellers have all been honest and sent me what I bought. And what I got was as described.

I don't think I'd order from this saddlery. I always check feedback on ebay when I buy something from a seller. And while I have given good feedback on all the good items I've purchased, when someone did not send my item, one domestic and one from china (who used a USA address), paypal got my money back. So I'm satisfied with ebay and with paypal.

One of the good things about Coth is that people can give us specific instances of what they've experienced with customer service. Often it's not fair to the companies. But as in this situation, the experiences of Cothers who were not given what they bought at the price they bought them at, makes me not ever want to buy from this company.

Hi
    I just noticed this thread and it occurred to me I never followed up. So here is my experience.

I ordered 2 bridles a couple of years ago at the beginning of December. Shortly after I received notice that my order had shipped there was a huge snow storm in England. Honey sent an email to expect a longer than usual shipping time. OK. I waited about 4 weeks - nothing. So I contacted Honey and asked for the tracking info. She had none and acted like I was harassing her . At that time, I think tracking info was optional at extra cost to me, so I didn't get it.

More time past, ebay's deadline for resolution center cases was looming and nothing had arrived, so I opened a dispute and sent her an email explaining that I had only done this in order to preserve my rights with ebay's buyer protection program. She freaked out and sent me a couple of nastygrams. She was in a difficult spot if the bridles failed to arrive because she had no tracking # or proof that she'd actually shipped them.

It took about 8 weeks but they finally came. They were what I'd ordered and looked nice. I have been using them almost daily for 2 years and they have held up well.

About a year ago I decided I needed a new double and I figured I just order another one and be sure to get the tracking data option. Going to her ebay store, I found I'd been blocked

Oh well, I just ordered it through my husband's ebay account. whatever!

My final rating;
    Merchandise; as represented and good for price
    Delivery speed; variable
    Custom service; very unpleasant
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nhwr View Post
    Hi
    I just noticed this thread and it occurred to me I never followed up. So here is my experience.

I ordered 2 bridles a couple of years ago at the beginning of December. Shortly after I received notice that my order had shipped there was a huge snow storm in England. Honey sent an email to expect a longer than usual shipping time. OK. I waited about 4 weeks - nothing. So I contacted Honey and asked for the tracking info. She had none and acted like I was harassing her . At that time, I think tracking info was optional at extra cost to me, so I didn't get it.

More time past, ebay's deadline for resolution center cases was looming and nothing had arrived, so I opened a dispute and sent her an email explaining that I had only done this in order to preserve my rights with ebay's buyer protection program. She freaked out and sent me a couple of nastygrams. She was in a difficult spot if the bridles failed to arrive because she had no tracking # or proof that she'd actually shipped them.

It took about 8 weeks but they finally came. They were what I'd ordered and looked nice. I have been using them almost daily for 2 years and they have held up well.

About a year ago I decided I needed a new double and I figured I just order another one and be sure to get the tracking data option. Going to her ebay store, I found I'd been blocked

Oh well, I just ordered it through my husband's ebay account. whatever!

My final rating;
    Merchandise; as represented and good for price
    Delivery speed; variable
    Custom service; very unpleasant
    "Honey" told me the exact same thing. Snowstorm delayed shipping, bogus tracking number. And I did what you did. My friend bought me a set of rubber lined dressage reins from them. Very cheap so not a huge deal if they don't arrive.

If you're on Facebook try 'Wolds Exclusive Bling':

https://www.facebook.com/WoldsExclusiveBling?fref=ts

Fabulous trendy bridles at great prices and ships super fast. I bought one bridle and several different nosebands and browbands so I can inter-change them.

Does anyone know of another company who can do a browband or bridle in a pattern like this?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/130600495449...84.m1438.l2649
    or
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/130600495960...84.m1438.l2649

I REALLY don't wanna order from them, but I have been eyeing this style for ages.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

I have bought four from them without a hitch.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Well nobody, not even Honey, messes with you Coreene
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

4 members found this post helpful.

I've purchased a bridle from them...and I didn't even go through eBay! I did use paypal though. Although they were somewhat non communicative and I had to initiate all the conversations re: status, my bridle arrived well within the time frame given and has held up very well. I would not hesitate to order again.

Quote Originally Posted by nhwr View Post
    Well nobody, not even Honey, messes with you Coreene
    From the sounds of this thread, maybe I just got lucky

Horsey1cr is right re Wolds Exclusive Bling, it is divine!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

I have purchased several bridles in the past from them with no issue until the last one. There were "options" for the bridle and I emailed what I wanted. Bridle came not with the options I requested, was finally told to send it back, they would replace it. Sent it back and "they never received it". So I was out the bridle...

Similar bad experience.

I had an awful time fighting with that company. Had some customization done to a bridle and they sent me the wrong thing. When I sent it back they claimed the bridle never arrived and REFUSED to refund me, despite it being their fault in the first place. I am out almost 200$ with shipping and bridle cost. Huge waste of money over nothing. I will NEVER order from them again.

I quess it is just hit and miss, I have three bridles I bought from the ebay store. Nice bridels especially since I only paid like maybe 65 each. I got to choose noseband style, flash, non-flash, etc. everything went smootly. I do remeber it taking a few weeks for bridle to come. I also last year ordered the fss girth from them and I LOVE this girth! So products are good if you can get it with no problems.

This seller is a thief.

Long story short, I purchased a cob sized figure 8 bridle. I received a full size, was told I could return it and they would send a replacement in the correct size and refund me the return shipping. I returned the bridle and they never sent a replacement or refunded any money and didn't return my attempts to communicate after they received the returned item.

Bottom line is that the defrauded me out of about $160. I reported her for mail fraud.

She has had to change names in eBay a few times due to feedback. She used to be saddlery4u and one more variation.

Things seem to be fine as long as there is no error, but if there is she will rip you off.

Please do not support a thief by purchasing from this person.

5 members found this post helpful.

I suggest pink equine
    Beyond the Ring-para dressage, training, coaching
    www.facebook.com/btrparadressage

Proud Team Four Star Minion! Renegade for Life!

I have orderd 2 bridles from them in the last year and actually had no difficulty shipping was fine I expected and planned for it to take some time and the quality was well worth the money. I have not done any custom. Sizing is big My 16.2 WB mare is on the smallest adjusted size. I only ordered after I saw one of these bridles at a horse show one of my aquaintences had one I could see in person. Honey is still their.
    Its the Journey not the Destination.

Just checked their eBay feedback and they have 100% positive feedback with a score of 11962. Something doesn't add up?
    Libby

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - DAVE BARRY

I think you must be looking at a prior permutation of them. I just checked today and they do NOT have 100% feedback.

I used them once, and was terrified until I received my bridle. it was what I ordered, came in a timely manner, and was better quality than I expected. For the price, I was willing to take a chance.

***** please bear in mind that I am NOT defending this seller, but as a eBay seller I feel I must give the following PSA****

One thing to bear in mind when reviewing feedback, sellers have very, very little control over feedback. Buyers can leave - or not leave - whatever feedback they want. Some people are never going to be happy, no matter what. I have 100% feedback over more than 2000 transactions. I have given in to unreasonable demands to protect my feedback score over the years. And sellers have no way to protect ourselves from poor buyers, since we can only leave either no feedback or positive feedback, other than to ban people that give us either a rough transaction or a bad vibe via email.

I just wanted to drag this back up as they appear to have a new Ebay seller ID of
    "british-bridles" but Honey is still the customer service person. Their Ebay email though is "ebay@saddlery4u.com"