The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 54 of 163 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3249

Wonderful posts by HopefulHunter, TL, and BaliBandido.
    Tinwhistle Farm

Originally posted by N&B&T:
    Wonderful posts by HopefulHunter, TL, and BaliBandido.
    I second that, N&B&T!!

I'm always truly amazed that people USE these trainers and justify it to themselves. I wouldn't sell manure to a person who did business with a person who was responsible for harm to horses. And I'm DAMN sure I wouldn't sell a horse to them. For them it's ALL ABOUT THE MONEY & WINNING - NOTHING ELSE.

What's that old saying?

"You lay down with dogs .....you get up with fleas?"
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

I'd feel safer sleeping with dogs with or without fleas. Than with self serving, self centered egotists who wouldn't care even if it was people getting killed. Afterall Joe Plemmons is still welcomed and he admits he shot Helen Brach.

lure Guest

Trying to find that I'm logged in. Yep, new here but really only wanted to show that alot of canadians have signed the PV petetion. Supporting you.

Well thank you Canadians. My first riding instructor and the only time I could ride was in the summers in the Laurentians. Roger Vigneau was a remarkable man who taught the true love of sport and was a relentless teacher making you face your fears and beat them.

I think many of the best days of my life were spent in Canada and I loved the free spirit up there. The tolerance for individuality was wonderful. I trust it is still the same.

Maybe some of you remember him as an announcer on CBC which he was for 25 years. I'm not sure now I would forgive him for getting me hooked on skiing because that really beat up my knees and today I am paying the price for abusing my legs for far too many years.

Roger came down here to get me started at Suburban Essex in West Orange. And, when my son said it was impossible for him to learn French Roger took him home for two weeks where no one would speak english at all for the two weeks. When my son went to Paris on an AIFS trip he was the only translator for the group when they needed important information like where's the restroom.

Land of cold, snow, & bugs, AKA Minnie Soda

Just thought I would throw this in...

I have a copy of the petition language hanging up at the barn along with the Palm Beach article and handouts with the petition address, No Rein gear, and bracelet info hanging up. One of the newer pony dads was standing int he office and wandered up to read it and I watched his jaw drop as he read on. He had no clue.

Not everyone knows about it.

As I told Liz on the phone, I was a walking No Rein billboard the other day with my hat and shirt on and the button on my purse and sticker on my car. I walked through Fleet Farm and my local tack store and noticed a few people reading the sticker on my car and reading my hat. I took pics of Rosina wearing a No Rein bracelet as well-will have to get it developed this week.

So word is getting out!
    Co-founder of White Trash Dressage (WTD)
    http://www.lulu.com/mavw1971
    also available on Amazon.com
    http://www.cafepress.com/wtdressage

Victoria Farms Guest

Does anyone know what the relationship is between PV and the author Susan Nusser who wrote "In Service to the Horse"? She mentions "Jill and Paul Valliere" in her acknowledgments section.
    I really want to buy the book, but until I understand that this is not an endorsement of PV I guess I'll have to sit and wonder how good it is... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_confused.gif

Yep! I got word they are clucking all over Wellington because the "savage indians" are restless and challenging authority with this petition.

Tsk! Tsk! That's how this country got free from the King of England. He just didn't understand freedom.

No Rein would be a lovely logo idea.
    POYBGP, member in good standing.

Now there's an idea...or should we put the culprits up in a pelham with a too small twisted bit? A short martingale and how about one of those cowboy tie downs that pinch the right places.

Are images of the wrist bands posted anywhere? I saw a band or two on the wrists of some riders I photographed on Sunday and wondered whether any of them might be wearing the no-reinstatement band.

Don't know if there are any pics. If any of you actually have a wristband could you please post a pic for Bob?

MEANWHILE: KNOW ANY T.V. CRITICS? Don't forget TV bloggers, as well.

It might be worth sending your local T.V. critic a quick e-mail tying the No Reinstatement campaign in with tomorrow's debut of the "Road to Maclay" series on Animal Planet.

This is what I wrote. Feel free to borrow and edit.

Dear ______:

While Animal Planet is focusing its latest efforts on the equestrian community (see "Road to Maclay", starting tomorrow night, and the upcoming Grand Prix jumping series), this might be an opportune time to focus some media attention on the professional jumping trainers who were prosecuted and convicted under RICO for insurance fraud which involved the brutal killing of show horses for profit.

Having been suspended for varying terms, these people are now being reinstated, one by one, to professional standing in the US Equestrian Federation. Some of us in the equestrian community find this inappropriate.

See wwww.noreinstatement.org and the Providence Journal for tomorrow, Wed. 2/1.

Best regards,
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

MEANWHILE: KNOW ANY T.V. CRITICS? Don't forget TV bloggers, as well.

It might be worth sending your local T.V. critic a quick e-mail tying the No Reinstatement campaign in with tomorrow's debut of the "Road to Maclay" series on Animal Planet.

This is what I wrote. Feel free to borrow and edit.

Dear ______:

While Animal Planet is focusing its latest efforts on the equestrian community (see "Road to Maclay", starting tomorrow night, and the upcoming Grand Prix jumping series), this might be an opportune time to focus some media attention on the professional jumping trainers who were prosecuted and convicted under RICO for insurance fraud which involved the brutal killing of show horses for profit.

Having been suspended for varying terms, these people are now being reinstated, one by one, to professional standing in the US Equestrian Federation. Some of us in the equestrian community find this inappropriate.

See wwww.noreinstatement.org and the Providence Journal for tomorrow, Wed. 2/1.

Best regards,
    Oh for crying out loud, must you people piss in every pot?

There's finally going to be a show (series) on a major network on the sport, which will be an introduction to the h/j world to a good percentage of its viewers. It's not bad enough that we're hoping the show will focus more on the sport itself, the love of horses, without making it appear to be too much of an elitist sport, but you want to go and bring more negativity to it? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

Originally posted by Jane:

There's finally going to be a show (series) on a major network on the sport, which will be an introduction to the h/j world to a good percentage of its viewers. It's not bad enough that we're hoping the show will focus more on the sport itself, the love of horses, without making it appear to be too much of an elitist sport, but you want to go and bring more negativity to it? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif
    I highly doubt the No Reinstatement campaign is responsible for any "negativity" as regards equestrian sport.
    These people get all the credit for that.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

As you say that "these" people must piss in our pots, but I don't feel that this could be at all considered bad policy.. They are showing how they disagree with the bad ideas, not committing them!

wow, I am not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean that if bad people do bad things no one should talk about it?

actually, I agree with Jane, why not let this be a positive exhibition of this sport. People have to care about something before wanting to take a stand. The more americans that respect the sport and understand it, the more you can count on to unite for your effort. However, if we bring all this negativity along with the premiere of this show, people aren't even going to want to understand the sport, and they definitly won't understand your campaign. Look at the works of PETA... They work hard to bring awareness to major animal abuse situations, however, now they have such a reputation of being overly negative that people just shrug them off as "radicals". The sport needs to gain the respect of this new audience first. Besides, lets put on our best face for them, show off the sport we love so much!!!
    www.millcreekfarm.net
    **RIP Kickstart aka Char 12/2/2009**

You have got to be kidding me! One of the FEW good things to happen to english riding in this country in a long while and you are trying to sully it with something completely irrelevant to this nice story following the efforts of some good kids to compete in the Maclay.

Way to try to make it so that a tv station never covers another english equestrian event in the near future! Good thing you don't show and you don't have a kid that shows so then the lack of positive media coverage for our sport won't affect you http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif