The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Exclamation Horseless Rider in Winston-Salem, NC

Hello! Even though I don't really think this will help me find a mount, I figured I'd give it a try...what harm could it do??

I am a horseless rider with about 20 years riding experience under my belt. I've been out of the saddle since a nasty fall in June, and am looking for something that will be a good confidence builder. If it were up to me I would have gone ahead and bought what I wanted, but alas those finances just aren't going to be what I need them to be in order to make a purchase for the next couple years.

As of right now, discipline isn't of the utmost importance. I would love to be eventing, but would be happy finding eight jumps in a hunter ring, as that is what I did from the time I began riding at age 8 and did right up until college.

I'm about 5'10", but fairly lightweight at 130ish, so I'd love something a little bigger, but know that beggars can't be choosers, and so I'd also be fine on something smaller.

Like I said earlier, I mostly just want some saddle time to build my confidence back up, but if I could find a dependable mount for an off-site freelease I'd be very very interested. We have two very reputable riders/trainers that come to our farm. One is a dressage judge/eventer and the other is very well known in the hunter scene around here.

Please send me a PM if you might know of a situation that would be a good match for me. I so miss having a horse of my own to pamper!

Horse-less rider for one month (Dec 16-Jan 16) in Ft Worth TX looking for any horse to exercise.

I'm a rider on my university's IHSA team and I can't afford to bring my horse home for the break - it doesn't make sense time wise (he doesn't handle the trailer ride well... he's a perfect gentleman but it stresses him out) or financially, but I really need to ride over the break to keep in practice. I'll ride anything anyone will put me on, english or western, green or finished or even ancient horses I can just walk and trot around on. I've ridden english since I was 10, took lessons at an eventing barn for 5 years, a hunter barn for about a year and a half, and have been riding hunt seat equitation now that I'm on the team. I've ridden a little western in my past, playing around on a friends ranch, and competed in barrels and poles once, so I am not entirely out of place in a western saddle. I'm comfortable and capable jumping, I've jumped my own horse up to 3'6", but really, I don't jump for my school so I don't even need to jump over the break, just ride.

I live around the southern side of Ft Worth, and I work full time over the break, I usually work morning shifts though so riding can be made possible pretty easily.

Default Any Horsless in San Antonio ?

SAN ANTONIO people . . . Looking for a rider who can ride slightly green all the way thru going horses,in a schooling situation. May also include the chance to show. I have a few and want to put some mileage on them. PM me, we'll chat
    Last edited by PaintedPinto; Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: add title

Horse has been sold
    Last edited by SaluteAtX; Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: horse sold

Smile Riderless horse in Boyds, MD

15.2 WB/TB gelding needs to be ridden 1-2 weekdays. His day job is therapeutic riding, so he's very quiet and safe. Rider should be able to ride on contact in a Training-level frame -- horse is confirmed at Training/First and goes best for a dressage-type rider. Hacks out alone or in company.

Farm has indoor & outdoor arenas plus 100 acres for hacking and additional trail access. Located in Boyds, MD.

Default Riderless Mare near Buffalo, NY (Southtowns)

I have a 14 year old Paint mare that would love someone to come enjoy her. Mare lovers only because she is a witch!

She hates to be brushed, will tolerate a hug every once in awhile. She's done pretty much everything from APHA circuit [halter, hus, equitation, barrels, poles], eventing, jumpers, dressage, hunter paces, and open shows. Hops right on the trailer to go anywhere, and yes I have a trailer so you can go where ever.

She loves to go trail riding - she leads the way, and will go behind, but definately prefers to be in front - very competitive. Pins her ears at other horses, doesn't kick or bite though [and I really mean this, we can stand inches away from another horse, she's all show]. No indoor at the barn, but we make it just fine.

I don't have time, I maybe ride her once or twice a month. I'm a full time student, work, and mother to a three year old. Too much on my plate right now, but she's a lifelong family member [have owned her since 99'] so she's along for the ride.

Smile Working student opportunity- ft. Lauderdale

In exchange for barn work ( tacking/untack, tack cleaning, organizing, etc. etc.), the opportunity to work with several nice horses and ponies. Great for high school or college student! Email me wondrlnd77@aol.com

Default Horses in north GA need riding

Looking for anyone who wants to ride horses in Jasper/North Canton Georgia.

I have big Percherons (from easy to complicated), a Hanoverian (needs an intermediate rider but a strong second level), two green Lusitanos (one mare and one stallion).

Anyone out there?

I also have parttime paid horse work for the right person (but that includes mucking stalls, grooming, chores).
    Luistano Stallion standing for 2013: Wolverine UVF
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZPHDzgX3s

Default Horseless rider in Lebanon, PA (North of Lancaster)

I'm an intermediate rider, looking for a horse to ride. I'm happy to go on slow trail rides or moderate trail rides or have fun in the arena. I've been riding a lot of warmbloods lately, and taking an interest in dressage (no formal training). I take Centered Riding lessons.

I can do a little training or conditioning. I ride English or bareback, but am open to Western. Any breed or type of horse is fine, but I prefer to avoid horses who are completely impulsive all the time.

Riderless horse in Ridgely, MD - Eastern Shore, MD
    28 yr old TB gelding 15.3h semi-retired looking for someone for a rider. Trustworthy. Sound. Quiet but not for a beginner. He appreciates quiet hands. He goes best with a dressage type rider.
    I don't get to the barn often enough.
    Indoor arena, outdoor arena. English, Western - tack provided. He loves to trail ride but the farm doesn't have much in the way of trails. There are dirt roads around. Tuckahoe is about 10 minutes away. Trailer available. Opportunity to show if interested.

Default Horseless Rider - VA

I'm an intermediate beginner rider with timid issues looking for an on site lease within 20 miles of Dale City or an off site free lease. Prefer a quiet horse who rides English and western.
    We could all take a lesson from crayons some are sharp, some are beautiful, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they still learn to live in the same box. Unknown.

Default Minnesota/Wisconsin

MINNESOTA (Minneapolis/St Paul) and Western WISCONSIN (HUDSON- RIVER FALLS-PRESCOTT)

My horse died tragically this fall---do you have a horse that needs work?

I am primarily a dressage rider, I will ride any style but please know I don't jump. Trail riding is a bonus (in summer of course).

Please PM me if you have a horse that needs some work. I can send videos and photos. Please no 17h+ or very green horses.

Several years of experience with many breeds and types of horses. Well versed in rehabbing from injuries.

Default Riderless horse in Rising Sun, MD

14.2 hand half arab needs more exercise!! I can only ride about twice a week right now, and pudgy pony needs more time. We have access to trails, a ring, and jumps. Pony can walk/trot/canter in ring and on trails, and we've started him over fences. He's quiet on the trails, and has a tendency to be a bit nappy in the ring if you aren't aggressive and MAKE him move. No bad habits at all.

I'd like someone to come ride him a couple times a week, or I'd consider a full lease if you were interested. He would make a jam up lower level event pony with some work, and he's already a great trail horse. He is pretty brave and very willing.

He's a little green for a beginner. He won't hurt anyone, but a beginner isn't going to be able to get him to do much either. Therefore, I'd like to see an intermediate rider at least come ride him. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

Thanks!!!

Default Buffalo, NY mini mare seeking attention

rider-less....well attention deprived 2 year old mini mare looking for someone that would love to spend some time with her. Great driving prospect. Free lease, possible give away to the right home.
    Don't squat with yer spurs on
    Skip's Passionate Girl "Hannah"- 2003 AQHA Mare
    Port of Call "Cruise" 3/4 Thoroughbred -1/4 Clyde 4/15/98-3/1/12 RIP my handsome boY

Default Horseless rider in NYC

My childhood BFF (who is not a COTHer, btw) is looking for a horse to ride or lease somewhere in the NY area that won't cost her a firstborn in toll fees. She's in Brooklyn and would be game for just about anything. She has a strong background in hunters with plenty of experience in problem ponies and horses. She rode and competed regularly through her junior years and largely stopped riding after the loss of her beloved mare to colic. She still rides occasionally, either in Central Park or when she's visiting family down south. I'd consider her a bit rusty, but entirely competent and offer her my bratly gelding every time she's back home in NC. She's ~5'5" and quite fit so should work for just about anything large pony and up. Please PM me here or email me at jenstout.nc@gmail.com. Thanks!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Default Horseless in Columbia SC

Im a college student looking for more ride time- I've never owned a horse so I've had to rely on lessons alone for riding. I'm currently under a dressage trainer but fairly new to English riding (rode western for most of my teenage years.) I'm at that point where I just need more hours in the saddle to implement and practice what I absorb in lessons. So no crazy untrained 3-yr olds please Maybe just a horse I can exercise a few times a week. Anything in the Cola area would work; Camden, unfortunately, is a little too far.

Default Riderless horse in Hillsborough, NC

I had found a COTHer to half-lease my gelding, but she fell in total LOFF with a mare owned by my BO, so I'm looking again for a half-leaser. 16h, coming 15yo Appendix. Big bodied, small brained. He's cute, lovely mover, super sweet, but lacks confidence which sometimes manifests itself exuberantly. Not malicious or devious! Spent many years as a pasture ornament, now in training to be a lower-level eventer. Strongly prefer someone who is quiet, but confident. I trust him giving pony rides to total newbies, but on XC, needs someone who doesn't get ruffled by head tossing, general brain dis-engagement, or occasional other disobediences. Not dangerous, just worries. Super dooper honest to fences and LOVES to jump. He's a round, enthusiastic jumper, so needs someone who is balanced and quiet. I swear he's not crazy! He's just a work in progress. Feel free to search my posts here (name is Gus) and you will learn more than you ever needed to know.

He's boarded at a small, privately owned facility north of Hillsborough (4 horses total). Would love to find someone who would be willing to ride 2-4x week in exchange for minor barn chores or minor expenses (like shoes). Nightly feed, water trough check, blanketing, and very occasional stall mucking. No need to do chores if you're not planning to ride. Or if you have availability during the day, then consider mucking the paddocks immediately adjacent to the barn. Truly minimal labor. PM me for details or email me at jenstout.nc@gmail.com.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Sorta near the Devon Horse Show grounds...

Default Underemployed horses in SE PA

I have a number of American Saddlebreds who would love to have more work to do! Some are fairly green-- some made, and quiet, and some are finished, but more in need of experienced riders, because of their level of energy. ALL are sweet, well mannered and loving.

A couple of these guys would be available for free lease- one would make a lovely foxhunter.

Shoot me a PM!

Thanks!
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them- Maya Angelou
    www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net
    http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/

Default Horseless Rider- Montgomery County, MD

This is a bit early, but I thought i'd put some feelers out there to see if anyone might have something like this available in the future. I am a junior rider and own my own horse but always love to expand my horizons and get on other things. Ideally i'd be looking for something to ride a few times a week starting in the summer, but if you need someone now, I could probably get out a little bit. (just busy because of school!) I would say I am an intermediate rider with soft hands and a pretty good base. I'm fine with something a little bit green and love riding the ponies! (I'm 5'0). Let me know if you ever need an exercise rider in the MD/VA area and i'd love to talk with you.

Default Horseless Rider - Palm Desert, CA

Leaping out of lurkerdom in hopes that someone might have some underemployed horses down in the sunshine -

I live normally up in Washington state, and I work as an assistant trainer at a H/J barn, so I am a fairly advanced rider. But I am headed down to the desert from mid-January through late April and am worried about getting out of shape (particularly since my barn comes down for Thermal about a month after I get there).

I also have some basic dressage training, though it's not my main discipline, and am good with young and green horses. I would be more than thrilled with any opportunity to ride while I am there.

Thanks!