The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tack Stall Drapes - Question From an Ignorant First Timer!

Okay, another stupid tack stall drapes question from me . . . try not to laugh too hard . . .

You get the drapes up, but then how do you hang/install the other items? Like things that need screws, screw eyes, etc? Like saddle racks, etc. Or do you ony cover the front wall with drapes so that the other walls are bare?

You can hang saddle racks over the top of the stall instead of drilling through your drapes They have hooks that loop over the top bar, like those one/two off hooks you can put over your bathroom door for extra towels, etc. You can also hang them from chains and what have you. Same with pictures and any extras.

In your tack stall/dressing room, get cheap coloured sheets that match your drapes so that you don't feel bad about ripping them or putting holes in them

Quote Originally Posted by fancyfooted View Post
    You can hang saddle racks over the top of the stall instead of drilling through your drapes They have hooks that loop over the top bar, like those one/two off hooks you can put over your bathroom door for extra towels, etc. You can also hang them from chains and what have you. Same with pictures and any extras.

In your tack stall/dressing room, get cheap coloured sheets that match your drapes so that you don't feel bad about ripping them or putting holes in them

ahhhh. thanks!

Trying so hard to plan ahead to make sure I am ready and organized - but I'm sure I going to forget something!

Make sure you take some strong wire with you. Use that to hang things like mirrors and saddle racks. You can either make a hole under the top flap of the drapes, or some come with metal rimmed holes. Or you can go overtop to the back of the wall. When in doubt see how the neighbors did it .

Quote Originally Posted by CBoylen View Post
    When in doubt see how the neighbors did it .

I like that!