The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Finger Lakes Finest June 6th - new lovelies!

A bright and sunny day today at Finger Lakes Race Track. Not good for my cheapish camera that did NOT like the bright sun, even though we tried to position the horses so that there wouldn't be shadows.

Take a peek at the mascots page and see little Arthur who has come home to heal the hearts of his people who are mourning the loss of their Oscar Meyer piggie.

We need a photo for this mare but she is off the farm and has been listed for about a month. Her trainer really needs a new home for her...

"removed link because mare is gone".

This filly is URGENT and needs a new home now. She has a fresh knee injury/soreness and needs rest.

"removed link because trainer states the filly has been placed".

This chestnut gelding was an absolute darling! A real character.

http://fltrainerlist.proboards.com/i...lay&thread=768
    Last edited by maunder; Jun. 14, 2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: two mares have been placed

Check out the breeding on Dawn Charger!! Some stuff up closer then what you normally see - and she had 98 starts. Good thing she's in NY and not right around the corner from me!!

That dark bay filly looks like a lovely girl also. Once filled out she's going to be a knockout!

The gelding looks lovely - beautifully cared for.

Ok, so who's stepping up to give these Lovelies a new home?!
    -Jessica

That dark bay filly who needs a home ASAP looks a lot like my FL boy. If she's anything like him, someone needs to snap her up fast!! Hopefully she just needs a bit of tincture of time.
    Y'all ain't right!

You know one really can't have a horse alone and have it be happy. I think I really need to find a place to put Big Chief Avie and Chief Dancer. (I obviously have a thing for Chief Seattle sons!)

I need a bigger backyard.

The gelding has such a kind face, his eye looked so soft. You can tell he is well loved!

Hope they all find nice homes....
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

The filly with the knee is gorgeous. I hope someone grabs her. Look at that cat-like body, and a beautiful neck. All the right pieces.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

I had a dream last night about OTTB mares..... think it's a sign? Too bad I'm so far away, that bay filly would be in my back pasture right now! Hope someone grabs her up!

It's a sign, and I'm sure there is someone around COTH with a rig headed your general direction....

(I am an enabler. It's my role in life. No place to put one myself, so I will enable others...)

Hahahaha, well in that case- anyone have an empty spot in a trailer heading towards Western MA? (Sad thing? I'm actually not kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Eventaholic View Post
    Hahahaha, well in that case- anyone have an empty spot in a trailer heading towards Western MA? (Sad thing? I'm actually not kidding)
    Ok! Whos stepping up?! (If I wasn't moving my herd to Maine in 2 weeks, I'd offer, but I'm simply not headed that way anytime soon... )
    -Jessica

If someone's got a place to put a guy or two in need of time off and a trailer headed Eventaholic's way I'll help with the gas if you'll pick one up for me! I just need somewhere to stash them. My landlord will not go for it in the backyard. (Dammit.)

Outskip is gorgeous. I'd take her in a heartbeat if I could, and I don't even like mares.

Outskip seemed like a really "centered" mare. She was entered to race yesterday but wasn't wasting her energy being goofy for our "interview". She stood calmly and serenely absorbing our admiration!

Eventaholic, lots of times there have been massive trailer linkages for people taking on Finger Lakes horses. Western MA isn't very far from us - only about six hours?

A nice group of horses this week. I like Outskip, she looks like my Promise Mare. If her temperment is like Promise's also, she could be your horse of a lifetime.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I'll say (type) this again: If you really think you'd like one of these horses but are worried about the shipping costs - make some calls!!
    The FL gals are great to work with and they have plenty of shipping contacts. Some great ones are listed on the site. The shippers are very reasonable and want to help I can honestly say this because I had two shipped to GA for ridiculously small amounts of $. You'll never know unless you call....
    Y'all ain't right!

Can the two girls live outdoors in my front pasture with just a shed? It is NC and it's hot and buggy in the summer.

I meant the two urgent ones. Volcanic Action and the older girl -- Dawn Charger -- for whom there are no photos.

Quote Originally Posted by imissvixen View Post
    Can the two girls live outdoors in my front pasture with just a shed? It is NC and it's hot and buggy in the summer.
    My two are living in hot as he!! south GA. They're out 24/7. Reggie has a run in and Eddie comes into a stall to eat - that's it. Mine made the switch to outdoor life in the winter, but I'd imagine the two girls would be perfectly fine.
    Y'all ain't right!

I also think the girls would be fine with shelter and some nice fly spray! Wouldn't it be lovely to have both girls?

imissvixen - I sent you a PM

bumping for our Finest!