The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thanks so much to everyone for your cards. My hubby and I have had so much fun reading them. Next year I'll do a note too!

Carrera -- I'm so sorry you haven't gotten so many yet, but really, I got most of them last week or the end of the week before. So since you're in Canada, you may get a lot this week.

I'm actually looking forward to getting some of the late ones this week.

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope the new year is better for all of us...j.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds-n-Greys View Post
    Mine too made it into the mail today. Each day is like a little mini Christmas morning when the cards arrive. I'm lovin' it!
    I know - I've loved every single card - but I think yours has been my favorite. I'm matting and framing it!

Default True Confessions

Argh! I'm mailing mine out today..... maybe a New Years Card? I've loved all the cards I've gotten... sorry mine are late

Nah, you're just making me feel better about not having gotten mine out till the 23rd...
    Proud member of the EDRF

I'm totally depending on COTH cards to keep me smiling into early January. I had two new ones yesterday -- woohoo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kementari View Post
    Nah, you're just making me feel better about not having gotten mine out till the 23rd...
    I was talking to a good friend the other day - instead of Christmas cards, she's sending Valentine's cards...or Groundhog Day cards.

Quote Originally Posted by MyGiantPony View Post
    I know - I've loved every single card - but I think yours has been my favorite. I'm matting and framing it!
    I'm so happy you liked it! I have a few extra and may do the same thing.

And as far as some arriving late - there is not such thing as late! I'm lovin' every one and am hoarding them away to re-enjoy after all the hoilday fuss is over!

Can I sign up for next year's now?
    ** I LOVE PUIKA & SHELLA FAN CLUB*** member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    Good job R&G!
    You may now add Horsesaver Extraordinaire to your resume

Umm...everyone will be getting mine after the new year. Tomorrow is the day that I will finish them.

No problem with making them a post-Christmas holiday in my opinion.
    The year my son turned 13 (Christmas Eve baby), he was out shoveling the driveway and when he came the yard, one of our dogs went apesh*t and attacked him. Needless to say, that year Christmas cards were not top priority. Family and friends got Valentine's Day cards with "the letter" and no one cared a whit.
    Boy-child ended up with a LOT of stitches in his arms and dog was PTS. He described her as being 'gone' - no recognition in her eyes, etc - we believe it was a form of seizure. She'd had a few small incidents of aggression since we'd gotten her, also accompanied by that 'blank' look, but nothing like this. Our other dog got between them and defended my son once he shook off the younger dog, holding the offender on the far side of the room until dad got there. I was out getting birthday cake and got home to a note that said "go to the hospital now!". A holiday to remember, er, forget. But I digress...sorry. Apparently I needed to tell that story one more time for some reason.
    The boy is now 25 and has two small ones of his own, is not afraid of dogs and still has some interesting scars on his arms. He varies in the story he tells about them!
    Interestingly, the "defender" dog knew immediately when the boy came home from the hospital that he would be leery about dogs in general, and carefully kept himself on the opposite side of any room they were both in, tail/butt wagging occassionally.
    As he sensed the fear abating, he would get a little closer and a little closer and on the third day post-hospital, happily napped with his head on the sleeping boys lap.