The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is what the paper said today about Eve Fout's funeral:

Services will be held at noon on Wednesday, Dec. 12 at Trinity Episcopal Church, 9114 John S. Mosby Highway, Upperville.
    In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to MOC Beagles, PO Box 346, Middleburg, VA 20118, or to Piedmont Environmental Council, 45 Horner Street, Warrenton, VA 20186.

It is bleak and chilly here in Virginia today. It snowed this morning across much of the Commonwealth.

A perfect day for foxhunting.

Stepping into a gift shop this afternoon, a certain book immediately caught my attention.

Titled FAMOUS VIRGINIA HORSEWOMEN by Francis Marion Bush, it is a new publication chronicling past and present female riders, breeders and trainers.

I closed the book and looked again at the photo on the cover jacket.

How fitting that it was Mrs. Fout on Morning Pleasure, the horse she just captured the NA Field Hunter Championship on a mere few weeks ago.

Good Hunting, Mrs. Fout

May she rest in peace enjoying the perfect hunting in heaven. My prayers go out to her family and friends. Mrs. Fout was an amazing woman and I feel privileged to have known her.

Eve's family has put together a tribute website and is encouraging Eve's friends and acquaintances to share their stories of Eve. I'm sure they'd love to hear hunting stories from this group.

www.evefout.com

I hope someone will take a picture of me sitting a horse that well at that age. (Referring to picture on website.)
    Freaky Farm Hermit Clique
    Mighty Thoroughbred Clique COMH Page: Tory Relic

My mom (Jackie Burke, who writes the Look Back column for CotH) has written a very cool tribute to Eve Fout which will go in this week's Fauquier Times Democrat. See it online at www.fauquier.com starting Wednesday.
    * www.huntersrest.net -- Virginia hunt country's best Bed-and-Breakfast-and-Barn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Relic View Post
    I hope someone will take a picture of me sitting a horse that well at that age. (Referring to picture on website.)
    We have a lot of people like that around here. It is humbling to see such grace and elegance and exquisite horsemanship.

It is also very inspiring!!!!
    Freaky Farm Hermit Clique
    Mighty Thoroughbred Clique COMH Page: Tory Relic

I hunted a few times with the MOC Beagles on a young horse behind Mrs. Fout. I thought I was going to die -- she may have been 30 years my senior but that sure didn't slow her down!!!! Hats off to a life well lived. She had a grand time and left a legacy anyone would be proud of. I am sad for her family as it must have been such a shock but one can only celebrate a life lived as hers was!!!! I sure hope there is a good horse waiting for her across the bridge!
    Kate

I was at the local paper today going through old issues as part of a little research project.

Somehow - a name under an old photograph caught my eye. I was amazed to see a picture of Eve Prime and her brother Billy posing for a school picture... late 30's/early 40's.