PDA

View Full Version : George Morris- Psycho Alert

MHM
Apr. 6, 2009, 09:09 AM
On another thread, it was said that a very young George Morris had a bit part as a gas station attendant in the movie Psycho.

The movie is on TCM today, starting at 9:30 AM on the East Coast.

For those who have seen it, how far into the movie does GM turn up? I've gotten through my life so far without watching this movie, and I'd like to keep it that way. :eek:

I just want to see GM! :lol:

Eventer13
Apr. 6, 2009, 09:25 AM
So, how old is he in the movie? Will I be able to recognize him? Maybe he will be decked out in rust breeches and boots that are polished to-the-nines. Or a cowboy hat? ;)

merrygoround
Apr. 6, 2009, 09:30 AM
Easily recognizable if he grins, or even smiles.

vxf111
Apr. 6, 2009, 09:32 AM
Psycho is a classic film?! And worth seeing, even if horror/suspense is not your preferred genre.

If GM is an "extra" then he likely appears in the film before anything gets too creepy, because once the creepy stuff happens-- there are only a couple of actors/actresses and no extras around (don't want to give away too much).

I remain sort of skeptical about that actually being George Morris in the film. He's not officially listed in the credits. So maybe it was an uncredited role, only IMDb lists even uncredited actors/actresses... and George Morris isn't listed...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054215/fullcredits#cast

What are the odds IMDb listed a whole bunch of uncredited actors/actresses and missed one? Possible, but somewhat unlikely. IMDb is pretty good with stuff like that. Plus they accept user-submitted trivia/data and I don't see anything anywhere about GM. Granted, us equestrians are a relatively niche group-- but I would have thought, since this film was made in the 60s and GM is a well known persona, someone by now would have submitted that bit of trivia to IMDb?

Kairoshorses
Apr. 6, 2009, 09:34 AM
How could you NOT want to see Psycho?!? It's a classic; it's the epitome of "macguffin" movies!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGuffin

:cool:

pines4equines
Apr. 6, 2009, 09:52 AM
I'm the poster of the original thread and someone had wrote to me that George is the gas station attendant...Is anyone watching it right now? OP said it started at 9:30 AM Eastern...Soooooo.....

If he was 22 in 1960...then he'd be in his early 20s for this movie...

pines4equines
Apr. 6, 2009, 09:55 AM
http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=4001654&posted=1#post4001654

Someone said which part he played on the above thread, read the last post by alterageous......

MHM
Apr. 6, 2009, 10:05 AM
OK, Janet Leigh has arrived at the Bates Motel. I think I'm going to change the channel now!

The only scene so far that had possibilities was when she traded in her car. It was about 20-25 minutes in. The guy who only said one word ("Hey!") did not look much like GM to me, though the movie was made about 50 years ago. :lol:

WorthTheWait95
Apr. 6, 2009, 10:07 AM
Also if anyone has a netflix subscription you can watch Psycho online on demand with the 'play now' option. I haven't had time in the last few days but thought I'd take a look tonight.

soloudinhere
Apr. 6, 2009, 10:26 AM
If he is the gas station attendant, he would appear about 15 minutes into the film, after Mary sees her boss and client in the street and speeds off.

She pulls into a gas station, but there's no attendant, and she honks her horn. The attendant comes trotting out but the phone rings, and he goes back in to answer it and she drives off while the attendant watches.

I don't know if it's him or not but if it is, that is the scene he would be in.

Alfred Hitchcock's infamous cameo is something like 7 minutes into the film, as well.

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Apr. 6, 2009, 10:42 AM
Can I just say the thread title keeps making me giggle. GM has been called many things, pro and con, but I'm not sure I've ever heard him called psycho. :) Still haven't!

LexInVA
Apr. 6, 2009, 10:45 AM
Can I just say the thread title keeps making me giggle. GM has been called many things, pro and con, but I'm not sure I've ever heard him called psycho. :) Still haven't!

He's a different kind of psycho. Show up in gaudy wares with a crazy horse to one of his clinics and you'll see!

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Apr. 6, 2009, 03:37 PM
Lex, I can be cheeky - OK, I am cheeky - but I'm not stupid. ;)

OK, I did wear a "Brazen Hussies" t-shirt in front of Michael Page once, but he knew me well enough by then to know I was baiting him - and my boots were polished, my belt on, and my hairnet present, so I escaped with my life.

Rodeo Relish
Apr. 8, 2009, 01:12 AM
All I have to say is, "Best thread title EVER!"

twinkle
Apr. 9, 2009, 10:06 AM
I can't wait until he does a clinic here next year. One of my first questions for him after the clinic. I can't wait !

MHM
Apr. 9, 2009, 11:54 AM
All I have to say is, "Best thread title EVER!"

Thanks! :winkgrin:

BAC
Apr. 9, 2009, 03:12 PM
I've gotten through my life so far without watching this movie, and I'd like to keep it that way. :eek:

Me too. I was a kid when it came out and I vaguely remember hearing the adults talking about how scary it was. Friends have since advised me that if I want to remain unafraid to live alone (or even to shower) I should avoid seeing it. :yes:

Mach Two
Apr. 10, 2009, 04:54 AM
Very likely it could be GM...Tab Hunter rode hunters back then, and Tab was Anthony Perkins' (ahem) squeeze at the time....maybe Tab was taking lessons from GM or they knew each other in another way.:winkgrin: