It’s back! The Wellington Eventing Showcase—the event hailed by Boyd Martin as “by far the best competition I’ve ever been to” last year—gets underway at 8 a.m., on Friday, Feb. 5. Here’s what you need to know:
- The schedule:
Friday, Feb. 5, 8 a.m. – Dressage
Saturday, Feb. 6, 10:30 a.m. – Show Jumping
Saturday, Feb. 6, 1:00 p.m. – Cross-Country
- All phases will be live streamed at www.coth.com complete with commentary by Dom and Jimmie Schramm:
Dressage at 8 a.m., Friday, Feb. 5
Show Jumping at 10:30 a.m., Saturday, Feb. 6
Cross-Country at 1:00 p.m., Saturday , Feb. 6
- Scores can be found here: http://www.evententries.com/livescoring/123456.html
- Need a horse with a cool story to cheer for as you watch? Check out “One To Watch: Kyle Carter Is Heading To Wellington With A Homebred With A Special Story.”
- The Chronicle’s Catie Staszak will be on-site to bring you all the news and photos at www.coth.com.
- You can see Boyd Martin and Mark Bellissimo in an exclusive video preview of a VERY unusual aspect the cross-country course.
- Curious what it looked like from the riders’ point of view? Check out Laine Ashker’s awesome helmet-cam footage from 2015’s cross-country.
- And read all about last year’s competition in the Chronicle’s coverage, “Martin Makes The $50,000 Wellington Eventing Showcase His Payday.”
- The dressage ride times: